watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Opinions on Ince?

Started by davew, February 14, 2016, 09:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

I don't want to be too critical but even allowing for the fact that he was brought on as a sub, I did think he looked a little lost and out of his depth or maybe as we were 3 up it really didn't matter that he showed more as most of the team had switched off by then knowing that the result wasn't in doubt. He certainly has the physique, but does he have the natural skills to improve the squad?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

fulhamben

Looks good off the ball, but not so good on it imo. Early days though. No point making a decision on him until end of the season
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

millsy

Think he's looked OK both times I've seen him. Too early to judge really but fresh blood was needed and some younger legs to hold the midfield and offer some protection to our, often beleaguered back four.

davew

My memory is failing me tonight, who was the young guy we had on loan from Man City, not saying he is similar to Ince. Just remembered that was Fofana, what happened to him?

davew

westcliff white

Fofana is on loan to SC Bastia
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

58 minutes, that's right 58 minutes we have seen of him. No one can make a call based on that.

Slaphead in Qatar

Good against qpr. Certainly no lemon.

snarks

Quote from: MJG on February 15, 2016, 10:28:12 AM
58 minutes, that's right 58 minutes we have seen of him. No one can make a call based on that.

Agree, he hasn't looked out of place though. Not like that student that pretended to be George weah's cousin and got on for Southampton a fair few years ago.

Delboy

He's got all the right atributes and a good footballing family, just needs to settle. I believe he will come good.

Peabody

How can anyone make an assessment like this, as MJG says, he has played less than an hour for us and yet, we already have people jumping in, for goodness sake, give the lad a chance.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Give davew some leeway. Last week he gave his forthright opinion based on Gentleman Jim's commentary alone. This week he has at least based it on viewing 12 minutes of Ince on Sky.

davew

(LOL), "based on GJ's commentary alone" not true, but let's move on!

nose

Quote from: MJG on February 15, 2016, 10:28:12 AM

Absolutely correct. He was OK V Hull and coming on so late into a game like that is always a problem. By the time you start to get into the swing of it, the game is over. I think he will be a good signing but really need to see a bit more of him.

fulhamben

Quote from: davew on February 15, 2016, 02:35:14 PM
Exactly, I'm sure the champers and wine played a bearing on your assement
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

dannyboi-ffc

It's harsh to criticise or make judgement after literally 58 minutes. But if I'm playing devils advocate how long did Fotheringham get before he was judged? It couldn't have been more than 5 minutes on his debut. Not my opinion because he clearly was out of his depth but just thought I'd put it out there.

I thought he looked like an Etuhu. On the ball I felt he wasn't great but physically he is very useful could compliment a couple of better players with the right coaching.

Bit unfair to say that about the qpr game, Hyndman came on and didn't do much either. To be fair the standard set by the other 3 was so high that the others are going to have to work extra hard to push for their place. I'll predict he will become a decent squad player.

Better than Tunnicliffe? I doubt it but time will tell
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

hovewhite

As usual people judging after not even 2 full games!!!!

Peabody

Quote from: fulhamben on February 15, 2016, 03:53:45 PM
Quote from: davew on February 15, 2016, 02:35:14 PM
Exactly, I'm sure the champers and wine played a bearing on your assement

No wonder others call us Tarquin and Rupert.

J

copthornemike

Against Derby I was impressed - his physicality and energy disrupted Derby's play in the first half. I was surprised he was subbed off at the break to be honest but SJ has a better viewpoint than any of us.

Against QPR the game was won and he came on late so we cannot really make a valid judgment.

But he does offer something very different to our current squad  - not least when we do not have the ball.

Bearing in mind we are at the wrong half of the table, and will have the battle for points against teams who will offer more than QPR did, I suspect we will be glad we have a player of his type and there will be a few asking if we can get him in on a transfer next season.