watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham striker Ross McCormack speaks out

Started by Friendsoffulham, February 14, 2016, 11:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Fulham striker Ross McCormack speaks out about his January transfer window experiences

The Whites were reported to have rejected offers from Middlesbrough last month and the title chasers eventually moved to sign Jordan Rhodes instead

Ross McCormack insists he is in 'no rush' to leave Fulham after the club stood firm to keep hold of their talismanic striker in the January transfer window.

The Whites were reported to have rejected offers from Middlesbrough last month and the title chasers eventually moved to sign Jordan Rhodes instead.

And McCormack maintained that he is fine with the club's policy, although made it clear that, like any player, he is keen to play at the highest possible level.

He said: "I was fine. Fulham didn't want to sell me. It's as simple as that. I'm still here. I've got three and a half years on my contract. I'm in no rush but, of course, I'd love to play at the highest level."

McCormack took his tally for the season to 18 goals with his opener in the 3-1 win at QPR on Saturday, which moves him to one goal shy of his return from last season.

While the Scot insists he doesn't have a target, any footballer would be keen to better their achievements from last season.

"I didn't have a target at the start of the season. I scored 19 last year so it's all about getting better," he added.

"We've been threatening a big win for a couple of weeks but not really getting the results.

"We said we'd take playing worse and getting the result but as it was we played even better and got the result which is    
The victory at Loftus Road, with Moussa Dembele and Tom Cairney also scoring, was the first under Slavisa Jokanovic with the last victory coming in December under Stuart Gray as the Serbian watched from the stands.

McCormack explained: "It's been difficult. We've had loads of new managers since Kit left and new ideas.

"He's steadied the ship. The intensity in training is a lot higher. We do a lot more physical work and you could see it today. We've got potential to steamroller teams."

Fulham travel to Blackburn Rovers on Tuesday in a bid to climb further away from the relegation zone.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-striker-ross-mccormack-speaks-10891594?

St. Andrews White

Good lad, know's that he's wanted and may well get to the Prem with us next season!
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Blanco

Apprentice to the Maestro

In what way is this showing that he is a good lad or a pro?

Saying "I am in no rush but, of course, I'd love to play at the highest level" is just a way of saying "I'm off in the next transfer window if I get an offer from a PL club".

Saying nothing to a reporter would be what a good lad or pro should do.

Blanco

He is a professional because no matter the situation between him and the club he is the kind of player that will go out and give 100% everytime. If he is under contract he will perform. The same can not be said for a lot of the spoilt brats in football these days.

..FOF..

Saying nothing would also not satisfy others who will see it as unprofessional too.

Reason being, not communicating enough with the fans and stakeholders.

Mince n Tatties

Our Keeper when interviewed the other day said that
Ross loves it here and there was no chance of
him going in the window..

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

westcliff white

he was interviewed on the pitch after the game and they asked him about an unsettling month and he said, I am a professional, Fulham pay me and look after me well, I am here to play for them and I will give it everything. That to me is a professional person.

I would add, like any of us who work we would always move for something better but you would never tell your boss that would you. However the way he spoke was professional and made it clear he will (like we all would in our jobs) do everything for the team.
Every day is a Fulham day

Jamie88

The optimistic part of me hears this as "I am willing to stay at Fulham next season to help get promoted and play in the Premier League with this club"

The pessimistic (and slightly larger) part of me hears this as "I'm here to help until the summer then I'll be off"

Either way, I don't blame him for wanting to leave - he's a very good player and isn't getting any younger and I think he deserves a chance to play in the Premier League

alfie

Quote from: Jamie88 on February 15, 2016, 10:40:50 AM
The optimistic part of me hears this as "I am willing to stay at Fulham next season to help get promoted and play in the Premier League with this club"

The pessimistic (and slightly larger) part of me hears this as "I'm here to help until the summer then I'll be off"

Either way, I don't blame him for wanting to leave - he's a very good player and isn't getting any younger and I think he deserves a chance to play in the Premier League
Well i would say that he is giving his all for Fulham until such time an offer comes in that Fulham will accept and that he is happy with any terms offered, basically just like the rest of us that are employed.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

jarv

Spot on Alfie. People with knee jerk reactions are so quick to criticise without knowing what is going on in a player's head or even how intelligent he might be.

Apprentice to the Maestro

It is not unreasonable for a player to hope or wish to play at a higher level.

What is a bit odd is that when a player unwisely talks about it that some players get castigated whereas others get called a good lad and a pro.

McCormack was getting heaps of abuse in the transfer window for supposedly putting in a transfer request (on very flimsy evidence, if any) and then being anonymous in a couple of games but now, for some, after an excellent team performance he is back at being a full on hero.

Why are so many opinions at the extremes?

Mince n Tatties

Transfer request I never believed that paper talk.
I said on here weeks ago he loved it at Fulham,and that
has now been endorsed by Andy Lonergan..

Tonywa

Ross said exactly what any good professional player would say under the circumstances. He's happy at Fulham and still has some years to go on his contract, but, of course, he still harbours ambitions to play at the highest level just like any other player.  What on earth to people want from him?? No I'm quite happy in the Championship and have no wish whatsoever to play in  the top division. Come on give him a break.  Some of these comments are, to me, as amazing as those who were saying a few weeks ago that we should cash in and sell him. He's the best striker outside the Prem and would be well nigh impossible for us to replace.  Get a grip lads!

Holders

"The intensity in training is a lot higher. We do a lot more physical work and you could see it today."

Good, that's what most of us perceived was needed.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Holders on February 15, 2016, 06:42:57 PM
“The intensity in training is a lot higher. We do a lot more physical work and you could see it today.”

Good, that's what most of us perceived was needed.

Felix did a lot of 'intensive physical training'  :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

hovewhite

Also clubs sell there players if they get the right price and I'm sure if the club gets a big enough offer they would sell now they didn't in this window ,but I'm sure if they get an offer big enough they would sell.Its not just players who think about themselves.
As for ross himself he giving 100 % every game that's all that matters isn't it!

nose

Quote from: hovewhite on February 16, 2016, 01:54:58 PM
Also clubs sell there players if they get the right price and I'm sure if the club gets a big enough offer they would sell now they didn't in this window ,but I'm sure if they get an offer big enough they would sell.Its not just players who think about themselves.
As for ross himself he giving 100 % every game that's all that matters isn't it!

everything has a price but in terms of football nowadays. it is better business to keep your best players if, and that is obviously a big if, you manage to go up to the prem. in our case with the new manager and if we keep ross, i do believe we have a brilliant opportunity next season and will stick my neck out now and say we will win the title BUT only if the board support the manager and do not cut the rug from under him. Or in other words must keep ross and bring in a bit more quality, especially at full back and wingers with pace.

filham

We can forget all about Ross leaving for the remaining games of this season but must expect it to start again in the summer.
We will have to live with it all through June, July and August.