News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FA Cup To Be Turned Into Midweek Competition?

Started by Mince n Tatties, February 16, 2016, 02:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 16, 2016, 02:35:49 PM
The point is the FA Cup used to be the big thing to win. On a par with winning the league. Teams from the lower leagues all had a chance of springing the one result that would leave forever in their history.

Now we have top teams fielding kids and reserves and the FA Cup has become a nuisance for the top teams. By making it a midweek, one game result it will as good as destroy the point of it.

The money in football has driven many fans away from the game and they are being priced out. The odd little ticket victory for Liverpool fans doesn't change the overall direction the game is going. A midwinter break and changing the cups will mean the continuing death of the game outside of the very few at the top.

The solution is simple. Any team involved in Europe cannot compete in the FA CUP. IT will diminish the cup but not half as much as we are trying to do at the moment.
The stick that would come for teams not entering would be incredible, remember when man Utd didn't enter
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 16, 2016, 06:09:52 PM
Completely against break.
Just say they shut down in end of Jan through to
Feb and it turns out to be mild weather then.
Start up March and bad weather sets in..
Not many games called off these days compared
to years ago..
Agreed,  could never time it right in UK.

westcliff white

Putting cup winners in the champions league would demean it even more than having the 4th place in the league take part. Right now it's not a champions league its champions and anyone else who can bring some to revenue.

Should go back to cup winners cup etc during that period no one fielded weakened teams
Every day is a Fulham day

ffc73

I am against the mid season break for the reasons already said and I also think the larger squads that teams now hold should allow for them to play the required games without over tiring the little darlings

If the clubs are that considered with mid season tiredness then I suggest that the do proper pre seasons and stop taking the players to the Far East, USA, Australia etc during July and August chasing the corporate yen and dollar

bill taylors apprentice

These people running OUR game know the price of everything and the value nothing !

Logicalman

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on February 16, 2016, 05:14:40 PM
Football being 'sold' by the biggest clubs, ignoring history and fans.
Odd that Sepp Blatter is nowhere to be seen in all this? This has his grubby fingerprints all over it.
Why not have the FA Cup WITHOUT the Premiership teams. Bet they would moan then.

Give the Prem clubs the option of opting out by The beginning of August and leave it at that.

As for the Winter Break. Take it for 3 weeks following Boxing Day through mid January, and have the window open at the same time, and only for that time, so we can get all the transfer crap out of the way and start afresh with players not keeping an eye on the window as they do nowadays.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.