watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slaviša Jokanović - I have full confidence in him and his staff

Started by One James stannard, February 17, 2016, 11:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

One James stannard

I think since he took over we have steadily seen an improvement in our play and the attitudes of certain players and he has given the place a well needed lift.

It's going to take time to build his squad and I sincerely hope he is given that time.
The Q.P.R game was fantastic to watch and the atmosphere was brilliant but we can't expect that level of performance week in week out. Last nights result was gutting as most of the team just didn't turn up. Jokanović Will be learning more about his players game on game and I bet he gave them what for Last night.

Come the summer he can really create HIS squad and I truly believe that we will be going in the right direction.

We are not going up this year and there's no real danger in us going down.

I like him a lot and I've a very good feeling about his appointment but these things take time.

Onwards and upwards

Sgt Fulham

Precisely. Many of our playera blow hot and cold and very rarely do all the players blow hot at the same time. We need players who are consistent, who are mentally and physically stronger, and who have proper drive to get out of this league. The one thing I worry about is parachute payments running out, but in Slav, I believe.

Baszab

Surely official club statements like the OP should be on the official web-site ?

J.Perkins

I admire Jokanovic. He left a very comfy job in Israel to come to us. He has got a mediocre said at best to work with, with some shining lights. We have been much more composed under him, giving bigger teams a tough game. Yes, Blackburn was woeful, but QPR was superb. Give him money to spend over the summer, and I'm certain of a playoff push next season. Won't be easy, but hope is all we have.

Hoppus

Quote from: One James stannard on February 17, 2016, 11:47:50 AM
I think since he took over we have steadily seen an improvement in our play and the attitudes of certain players and he has given the place a well needed lift.

It's going to take time to build his squad and I sincerely hope he is given that time.
The Q.P.R game was fantastic to watch and the atmosphere was brilliant but we can't expect that level of performance week in week out. Last nights result was gutting as most of the team just didn't turn up. Jokanović Will be learning more about his players game on game and I bet he gave them what for Last night.

Come the summer he can really create HIS squad and I truly believe that we will be going in the right direction.

I like him a lot and I've a very good feeling about his appointment but these things take time.

Onwards and upwards

Amen!

Horsfield_No9

My worry is that managers with good reputations/records have been coming to Fulham and going backwards. We've been bad for the C.V's of Jol and Felix. What is the problem? Good players have come here too and turned to poo. Something ain't right behind the scenes.

I also believe Slav is the best manager we've had since Mark Hughes. Progress will be slow, just hope he isn't poached/pissed off with the board before that time.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Skatzoffc

Onwards and upwards

Some sense at last.
:plus one:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

SuffolkWhite

Jokanovic is the only hope I have for the team to improve, very pleased here ans defo needs time to form his own team. Hopefully he will find players that want to play for us and 100% in.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

St Eve

The biggest concern is that nobody showed up last night. It's one thing to lose because you are not good enough but it is worrisome when it appears that the players aren't trying. I expect it to be corrected by Saturday

Lighthouse

Oh good. No real danger in going down. For the minute two wins in 16 matches and a side that has consistently been inconsistent made me worried.

We need to stop just playing well and actually win a few more games before we can be too confident.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

OK but what is the explanation for last night's woeful performance and can we expect a similar showing again soon.

GrahamG

I truly hope that he's the man because we can't afford any further change. However, anybody who has 'full confidence in...' is also just hoping and praying that it will work out and anybody who thinks we can't possibly get relegated is living in cloud cuckoo land.

bobbo

Yes we still could get relegated for sure but , I've said it before he has to work with what he's got and there are misgivings.having said that I watched boro v Leeds a couple of evenings ago and neither looked that spectacular.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

SW6

Onwards and upwards

Done pretty well so far but there is no way I can be 100% behind him at the moment. You have to be God/Hodgson to see me 100% behind a manager.

Always got a suspicion that Jokanovic will go fairly quickly. Never hangs around anywhere for some reason.

Still early days but needs to be given time.

TheBadger

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning." - Pele

Snibbo

Quote from: SW6 on February 17, 2016, 07:30:03 PM

Onwards and upwards

Never hangs around anywhere for some reason.

Same applied to Sir Roy

FulhamStu

Do you think Jokanovic will have said to players, oh well let's forget that performance and move on, or do you think he will have got stuck into them, told them that was unacceptable etc.  I know what I think.

The reaction Saturday will tell us a lot.

J

Quote from: SW6 on February 17, 2016, 07:30:03 PM

Onwards and upwards

Done pretty well so far but there is no way I can be 100% behind him at the moment. You have to be God/Hodgson to see me 100% behind a manager.

Always got a suspicion that Jokanovic will go fairly quickly. Never hangs around anywhere for some reason.

Still early days but needs to be given time.

Jokanovic said: "I am happy with my life and I am looking for some kind of stability too. This is a great place, great club, great city.

"I signed for 18 months. I expect I can find this stability and stay where I am here. If I find this stability, I can find stability in my personal life too."

"but I want to stay many years here. I arrive here with full confidence for the possibility for making important things."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/slavisa-jokanovic-keen-settle-down-10668967

Scrumpy

I agree with the OP, but that doesn't stop me being fearful of a relegation scrap. Just because we have faith in the Manager, doesn't mean we're blind to the real relegation battle that we may face.

What I (and  many on this board, to be fair) really ask for is that he is given a good length of time to make his impression. I was a strong voice in favour of Kit being given until Oct/Nov before being judged. Others were calling for his head at the end of last season. Likewise, this guy needs at least a further 12 months or so before we can really judge him. So let's stick behind him and hope we see an improvement. I think we will - as others have said, he is our best Manager since Mark Hughes.

English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.