watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

To many Individuals not enough Team players

Started by Wearethewhites, February 18, 2016, 01:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

That's my current take on things, and the biggest problem that Jokanovic faces moving forward.

We've not got one of the best teams in the Championship, but it's hardly the poorest, and we've acquisitions that other Clubs would literally bite our arm off for, but..

For me, we've got a team, that's to full of individuals, who basically pick and chose when THEY want to turn up for FFC.

I'm not digging out any specific players here, this is only an example, but how the hell can players like Tom Cairney turn up and perform for the Sky TV cameras on Sturday, and then put in a shift like he did against Blackburn?

That's not a dig a Tom Cairney, the whole team were to blame on Tuesday night, and there were also other individuals, but as paid professionals, they should ALL be performing at the highest level, in every single game for FFC.

Success in the Championship, for years, has always been build on team efforts, and we've always those teams struggle who don't.

I can completely see what Jokanovic is doing at FFC, I can completely see his vision and back the guy 100%, but feel he's having to deal with certain individual players, and those who've fallen into an "I'm bigger than the Club" attitude.   

Mince n Tatties

More like too many useless individuals.. :022:

ToodlesMcToot

Folks keep going back to Roy's turn around of the club for comparison which is fair enough for a benchmark.

I think what we lack now that Roy had is battlers and leaders. And Roy had that in spades when you think about it.

McBride, Murph, Brede, Digger, Duece

Then you throw in the variety of character players like Baird, Hughes, Bocanegra, Volz, Keller, Nevland, Bullard

I'm not throwing shade at our players in this regard. They are what they are and were when they were brought in. But we struggle to agree on who is a leader beyond Parker. We don't seem to have many willing to get stuck in on either side of the ball - Fernando, Ross, Jaime, and Tunnicliff maybe??

I'm struggling to figure out the characters in the team which doesn't mean that we don't have them.

We may be closer to having balance in the team as far as players but I think we still lack it mentally IMHO.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

filham

Beginning to think that we may have over rated a lot of our players, be honest now which of our players would another Championship club be prepared to pay money for and immediately put into their team.

McCormac, Cairney (especially if he developed his right foot), Dembele (they could be disappointed), O'Hara (on a good day), Parker (if he could be rejuvenated by about 5 years).

Essential we work as a unit, as individuals relegation is a reality.

YankeeJim

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on February 18, 2016, 01:49:57 PM
Burn as captain

Everyone go back and look at the photo of Demeble's goal against QPR. Look on the left and see Burn at full stretch, eyes only for the ball and a look of "get  the feck outta my way". The lad would make a great captain.
As a side not, all you musical composers  out would need to come up with a "our captain is taller than yours" song. You could throw in something about something else being taller as well.

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.