watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

BAIRDINHO!!!

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, February 18, 2016, 03:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigbadBillyMcKinley

He was an unsung hero of ours. Was being the operative word there. Hopefully he can do it again. But he's old. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Bracken White

Always gives 100% great reader of the game & for his height he is excellent aerially. Will undoubtedly add some steel and presence in midfield, if thats where we'll play him. Not too sure where he will fit in - but after Tuesday night a player of his ilk will be welcomed.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 18, 2016, 04:18:46 PM
He is a warrior and a leader, and he is versatile, so it can only be a plus to have him in the ranks.

This is what we are well and truly short of. And, it's absolutely why a game like the Blackburn game gets away from us so often.

Welcome back Bairdinho!!
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

hovewhite

Welcome back Chris,at last we sign a TEAM player!

Mince n Tatties

Thing is he will be right up for it Saturday.
Wouldn't surprise me if he scored,and lets hope a miracle
Happens and we keep a clean sheet...

Carborundum

Logic tells me that his signing won't make a huge difference.  But in this case logic can well and truly get knotted.  He is a special character and I'm delighted he is back.

Willard

Very good news. A determined character who can put a bit of stick about and pass the ball effectively. Not bad on free kicks in the fog either if I remember correctly.

His comments on the Offal are interesting:

"Now that I've been allowed to come here I'm going to give 100 per cent, hopefully help some of the other players and the Head Coach, and just help the Club in general.

"I know the situation they're in, I've been there a few times in my career before, so we want to get out of that as quickly as possible. We need to climb the league and try and finish the season on a high."

Welcome back!

Robbie

Who remembers that free kick vs. Stoke?

St. Andrews White

Question is who can forget it!?
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Robbie on February 18, 2016, 09:50:44 PM
Who remembers that free kick vs. Stoke?
All of us who were there.  My recollection is that there he was named "Bairdhino".

But what I really like about him was the way he got over the stick he took when he first played  .... he was a centre-half, and then suffered in his first games at right-back. He took it well and bounced back, a real professional.  I am not sure how much he will add. What I do know is he won't let us down.

Jack Fulham

Wasn't Baird starting in place of a suspended Murphy in the 4-1 Juve game?

I was always sad we let him go as he was an excellent utility player. I remember him being the only one to attempt to tackle a rampaging Yaya Toure vs City one time.

St Eve

Certainly can't be any worse than the rabble we have now

General

For me he strikes me as a possible ray lewington influence. Someone who has built up a positive affinity to the club and knows its values and what it stands for and has a belief it is a good and premiership worthy club. If he camn bring that aspirational element to the club along with caring for the ckub and its values it will be worth its weight in gold as under khan we've lost our way hugely and have had more managers than I care to count and our players lack an understanding of the club.

Twig

Logic says this won't add much, nostalgia says welcome back Chris. Just the sort of character we were crying out for.
Of course you have to realise that we haven't signed him for his defensive qualities so much as his spectacular goal scoring ability Bairdhinoooooooo........... is back.

New Kid on the Block

I think it's great news. Yes, he's older and probably slower than when he left us. But he's rock hard in the tackle, and I think he'll be a hugely positive influence to the younger players, and, I suspect, a shoulder for Slav to lean on.

I'll always remember when we were playing QPR in the Premiership, Baird was clattered early on by Chris Samba, which isn't nice. Bairdinho immediately jumped up, and ran off. Samba was stretchered off!

Hopefully, we'll have  Baird and Amore playing together and scaring the bejesus out of opposing forwards.

Bring it on!

Wimbledon_White

The feel-good nostalgia factor is off the charts.

RaySmith

Good news - I think he could do a job for us.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Jack Fulham on February 19, 2016, 12:50:50 AM
Wasn't Baird starting in place of a suspended Murphy in the 4-1 Juve game?

I was always sad we let him go as he was an excellent utility player. I remember him being the only one to attempt to tackle a rampaging Yaya Toure vs City one time.
Yes, it was him and, I believe, Etuhu in midfield. What a game! I still get goosebumps thinking about it. I've kind of lost track of time. Was that in 2008 ... six years ago?

JHaynes Paperboy

If he's the answer we really are in more trouble than I thought! If people can be happy with this it is beyond me. 0001.gif

NorfolkJim

It's nice to see some positivity towards a player - I'm glad he is back - Wasn't he the one who smacked Bullard in the face? Bit of a tough guy. We could do with a bit of Steel in the team - 049:gif