News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Any bones in the rumours about Richard Stearman leaving on loan?

Started by SW6, February 18, 2016, 04:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SW6

Hopefully not, I think he is a good Championship defender who simply hasn't got off to the best of starts.

MikeW

Where has it all gone wrong for this bloke?  I thought he was just the ticket when we purchased him - good pedigree, captain material etc. etc. but now he can't make the (not very impressive) match day squad. The manager clearly doesn't rate him at all.  Thoughts?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

mike_corkcity12

HatterDon

any documentation about rumors? or we just talking about supporters tweeting?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

westcliff white

If true its a shame as he is a decent  championship player, I said on another post a week or two ago, at the start of the season when we were doing ok (to a degree) a lot on here were saying how much stability he gave us, that's how football goes these days.

Its interesting that some of those we have loaned out recently seem to have gone to clubs doing  better than us at present, show son paper what we have, shows in reality how badly I guess they were coached previously.
Every day is a Fulham day

Burt

It's a strange one... On paper, one of our better signings, yet he hasn't quite made the mark. Why is that? Answers on a postcard...

MJG

Just not been good enough. Can think of at least three goals at set pieces where he has just let his man go. The forest one being the absolute shocker. For such a experienced player and supposed leader been a massive let down.
Does a lot of stuff off the ball that on another day would get a booking at least. Also can't find a white shirt with a pass.
Apart from that been fine.

filham

He would not be missed, Burn, Lovebite and Bairdinho will now be ahead of him in the pecking order.

St Eve

He has been awful for us. He won't be missed. Maybe he can take the rest of the defence with him

Mince n Tatties

Chutney

We seemingly tried to sign three other CB's before we ended up with him, that says it all for me, was a last resort, and has played like one so far. As others have stated, he has played lots of games at this level, but is that really an indication of quality? The evidence suggests not. A loan could do him some good, there's no point him sitting around not playing.
C O Y W

MJG

Quote from: Chutney on February 19, 2016, 07:56:14 AM
We seemingly tried to sign three other CB's before we ended up with him, that says it all for me, was a last resort, and has played like one so far. As others have stated, he has played lots of games at this level, but is that really an indication of quality? The evidence suggests not. A loan could do him some good, there's no point him sitting around not playing.
So what about the rule of thumb about we must have experience  at this level which lots of people were banging on about?
Of course not, its the individual player and his ability. Doesn't matter if from the PL, conference or Luxembourg second division. Its down to how they actually play in a white shirt

RaySmith

It's hard to think that he has become a poor player overnight -  from hero to zero, like Bodurov, and others.

The manager has to make a choice with so many players in certain positions, and it's good to get a settled partnership going if possible, especially at centre half, but can Stearman not play a role in the squad? He had a loss of form when the whole team was poor.

Burn is someone who goes from hero to zero regularly, depending on the match result, though I really like him and his attitude, and it's good that SJ has kept faith with him imo.

westcliff white

didn't we bid for him iN May but Wolves only came back to us in August??
Every day is a Fulham day

SW6

Quote from: MJG on February 19, 2016, 09:34:04 AM
Quote from: Chutney on February 19, 2016, 07:56:14 AM
So what about the rule of thumb about we must have experience  at this level which lots of people were banging on about?
Of course not, its the individual player and his ability. Doesn't matter if from the PL, conference or Luxembourg second division. Its down to how they actually play in a white shirt

And how they are coached

J

HatterDon

any more substance to this than this particular thread? Any links?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel