watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott Parker

Started by JackyFulham90, February 20, 2016, 11:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Playing the best football of his Fulham career under Jokanovic. Surely worth another year extension on his deal? He may not be able to play 46 ganes a season but is good to have around the squad & still has the passion & quality to make a difference at Championship level

love4ffc

Have always thought highly of Scotty.  Have been extremely pleased with his performances and look forward to seeing the 90 minute replay of tomorrow. 

On a side note I think he could make a great player coach or assistant for FFC in the future. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

bobbo

Yes he's got loads of ability ,BUT , yesterday he held the ball too long on more than one occasion, especially when he had options to pass, a better side than charlton would have made us pay.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

F(f)CUK

I have said from the beginning of the season when others were writing him off that people were forgetting how good he is. Despite this I doubt that he will be given an extension as his wage is probably based on being in the premiership.

Tonywa

Despite what I consider to be the total rubbish constantly written about him on this board he remains one of our highest-quality and most-influential players.  Just compare our performances with and without him over the last few months.  As to whether he will still be playing next season and if he is, then at what level, is another matter entirely given his age.

hovewhite

next year is the future,but now he is looking the class player that he is.

Carborundum

If SP wants to continue playing next season, my guess is that he will have the pick of the field here and perhaps in the US or Middle East.  He's captained England and been premier league player of the year.  We will be lucky to hold on to him. 

Which of the other Championship teams wouldn't want to be able to call on him?  Maybe one or two, but the overwhelming majority would take him in a heartbeat.  He isn't going to deteriorate much between now and next year and right now he is pretty good.  Karagounis did a job for us in the prem at an even more advanced age and wasn't significantly better that SP (if indeed he was better at all).

fulhamben

Quote from: Tonywa on February 21, 2016, 10:13:47 AM
Despite what I consider to be the total rubbish constantly written about him on this board he remains one of our highest-quality and most-influential players.  Just compare our performances with and without him over the last few months.  As to whether he will still be playing next season and if he is, then at what level, is another matter entirely given his age.
if you are going to compare performances then surely you have to do it on games before his injury. The team looks better on a whole since Slav took over. So saying we are better than we were a couple of months ago is purely coincidental as everyone is playing better. Now I'll concede that Parker has been exceptional in his last two games, but I don't think you can over look his performances before his injury when deciding whether or not a contract extension can be given
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bill taylors apprentice

I have been disappointed in Parker since he arrived, there's no point in going over all the reasons again but put simply he has not had the impact on matches and the players around him I expected.

That's in the past and only now are we seeing signs of what he can bring to the team on a more consistent basis, it may not be a coincidence that the team now has a spine and some steel which allows him to play his game.

Its just a shame he's now unable to perform for 90 mins at full throttle.

Having said that I did notice he was trying to slow things down in the second half which may have been for his benefit and not the teams !

As  to the future, I concede he seems to have the character all clubs need and it would be a shame to lose him after frittering away big characters in recent years, leaving too many of the wrong calibre.   

Southcoastffc

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on February 21, 2016, 11:28:12 AM
I have been disappointed in Parker since he arrived, there's no point in going over all the reasons again but put simply he has not had the impact on matches and the players around him I expected.

That's in the past and only now are we seeing signs of what he can bring to the team on a more consistent basis, it may not be a coincidence that the team now has a spine and some steel which allows him to play his game.

Its just a shame he's now unable to perform for 90 mins at full throttle.

Having said that I did notice he was trying to slow things down in the second half which may have been for his benefit and not the teams !

As  to the future, I concede he seems to have the character all clubs need and it would be a shame to lose him after frittering away big characters in recent years, leaving too many of the wrong calibre.   

Very much agree but I'd not keep him as a player beyond this season.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

grandad

I would offer him a decent contract as a player coach. His experience would be a massive help to any of our youngsters we might still have after the summer. He could still turn out in an injury crisis if we retain his registration.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Tonywa

Quote from: fulhamben on February 21, 2016, 11:08:41 AM
Quote from: Tonywa on February 21, 2016, 10:13:47 AM
if you are going to compare performances then surely you have to do it on games before his injury. The team looks better on a whole since Slav took over. So saying we are better than we were a couple of months ago is purely coincidental as everyone is playing better. Now I'll concede that Parker has been exceptional in his last two games, but I don't think you can over look his performances before his injury when deciding whether or not a contract extension can be given

I said that that he remained one of our better players and that we had looked a better side on the occasions he has played. Good at QPR with him, very poor at Blackburn without him for example. If you disagree with me fine, but please do so based on what I actually wrote.

ffc73

Player/coach or pay as you play contract.  Parker should not be starting next season.  Worryingly we have recently performed better with him which highlights the lack of quality and leadership in our squad.

We have to often rewarded good but infrequent performers with new longer contracts when they are towards the end of their careers.  No doubt he performed well at QPR and against Charlton but if we are looking forward then we need to find players that are in their prime and can play QPR/Blackburn/Charlton/Leeds/Boro.  O'Hara falls into the same category.  As does Baird.  One of them maybe for next season but all 3 would not be the way forward

Jims Dentist

We could not pay anywhere near his reported current wages.

fulhamjules

Now, let's see. He played v QPR and we won. Was rested for Blackburn and we lost. Played yesterday - first full 90 mins for ages - and we won. And he showed real Fulham spirit by helping the injured lino.

snarks

He is one of the better players without a doubt, but I think Tunni would start over him next season. However I think Gray will leave so Parker should get a player coach role. It would be poor to let him go the way the club did Murphy

davew

Quote from: grandad on February 21, 2016, 11:36:14 AM
I would offer him a decent contract as a player coach. His experience would be a massive help to any of our youngsters we might still have after the summer. He could still turn out in an injury crisis if we retain his registration.
+ 1
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: fulhamjules on February 21, 2016, 07:01:08 PM
Now, let's see. He played v QPR and we won. Was rested for Blackburn and we lost. Played yesterday - first full 90 mins for ages - and we won. And he showed real Fulham spirit by helping the injured lino.
Your 1st first post on here and a positive one, you won't last long on here, but welcome to the forum!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)