more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kaca

Started by F.luke, February 21, 2016, 01:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: MJG on February 22, 2016, 01:31:10 PM
As many know I like Kaca and do still think he has a lot to offer..IF played in the correct position.

It seems even SJ cant see that's the best option for him, so even I think its time he moved on. Have a fresh challenge and new club as hes nevcer going to win over those who dont rate him now.

Good player in there somewhere, needs a manager to play him left and ask him to be direct.

To crudely characterise him, he struggles to beat full-backs and his delivery of crosses is poor. Plus his skill and work rate in defending are not good enough for a midfielder. Given his age and experience he ought to be a lot more effective.

Yet he has a couple of attributes that a coach might exploit: he looks quite good running at the centre backs and is quite a cool finisher in the penalty area. He might be better as a counter attacking striker and a goal hanger leaving the creative and defensive work to others.

Carborundum

Interesting reading.  The overwhelming majority of comments relate to what he does when we are in possession.  But when I get exasperated with him (which happens from time to time with most of the players), it's usually for what he is doing, or not doing, when we are out of possession. Kavanagh and Pringle are miles better at that element of the job and, because of it, usually start their attacking efforts ten yards further away from the goal.

As things stand he is on a short term contract and unless the club initiates something, it's going to be cheerio.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: davew on February 21, 2016, 09:43:36 PM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on February 21, 2016, 02:04:55 PM
There is something there, but I have never seen it consistently.  Shame.
I have hardly seen it all, when did he ever give a memorable 90 minute performance? He has showed signs of skill and ability, but rarely that I can remember?
Swansea City away May 2013.  We won 3 nil and Kaca turned the game for us.  But I agree with almost all of what's been said above.  Always a shame to see a player of talent not reach his full potential.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Twig

As many know I like Kaca and do still think he has a lot to offer..IF played in the correct position.

It seems even SJ cant see that's the best option for him, so even I think its time he moved on. Have a fresh challenge and new club as he's never going to win over those who dont rate him now.

Good player in there somewhere, needs a manager to play him left and ask him to be direct.

Just for clarity MJG, what is the correct position that you refer to? Do you mean wide right?

MJG

Quote from: Twig on February 23, 2016, 09:26:54 AM

It seems even SJ cant see that's the best option for him, so even I think its time he moved on. Have a fresh challenge and new club as he's never going to win over those who dont rate him now.

Just for clarity MJG, what is the correct position that you refer to? Do you mean wide right?

absolutely not. Should be a left winger and maybe even a forward but not right. Hate him there.

RaySmith

I thought he looked good earlier under SJ.

He's always shown potential, but never quite fulfilled it - but I agree that he needs to played in the right position.

colinwhite

I dont think it matters where he plays. I have followed him through youth football in Sweden and he has  not progressed unfortunately in terms of his product . Moved from Helsingborg to Liverpool when he was 15, and didnt make the grade with them .
His final ball , shot , cross just isnt good enough . Also lacks abit of courage in taking people on the whole way , committing himself fully. He is a nice lad , maybe a bit too nice .

J.Perkins

Kaca has had the time to progress, and yet he hasn't. He's been given multiple first team opportunities by all managers (bar Magath), and is invisible most games. There comes a points when enough is enough, and we should sell him on this summer.

MJG

Quote from: J.Perkins on February 23, 2016, 10:50:00 AM
Kaca has had the time to progress, and yet he hasn't. He's been given multiple first team opportunities by all managers (bar Magath), and is invisible most games. There comes a points when enough is enough, and we should sell him on this summer.
contract is up so just walks free

New Kid on the Block

It's been very interesting reading these comments about Kaca. The majority of them criticise him in a way that is a disappointment at a potential, wasted talent. There is not one harsh word said against him.

Now, Jazz Richards on the other hand..................................

St. Andrews White

This all feels a tad harsh on the lad...

Don't get me wrong, I also feel he's not progressed much, but it's not been helped by multiple managers using him and then tossing him aside.

His confidence must be absolutely shattered.

But that Swansea game; had he been able to kick on, he could have made an excellent forward for us.

Playing him at RW is an absolute waste, his natural position is LW and I actually think he'd be decent playing just behind the centre forward.

Unfortunately for his sake I think he should move on. I have no doubt he will find somewhere and flourish, and hopefully come back to England in the future. Needs a slower league where he can play week in, week out, either at LW or as a CF.

I've a lot of love for him, and I for one will be sad to see him go. Good luck to him if he does move on, but who knows... maybe he'll find a bit of inspiration and kick on for us...
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Travers Barney

Proper nice fella and I know that without going into further detail.

However.

The Swansea game meant nothing as we were safe and the fixture was in effect meaningless.

Never beat his man and smashed over a telling cross for a forward to score in the five or six years we have paid him generously.

Wish him the very best for his future and I really think he has a genuine affection for Fulham but he is nowhere near good enough even for a very underachieving 2015/2016 Fulham team.

coyw

We are the whites

bill taylors apprentice

I believe his contract is up at the end of this season with a clause that allows the club to activate an extra year.

He must be on a decent salary being a player from the PL days, so do we extend his contract to extract a fee from any suitors or cut him loose?

He can't possibly be seen as the kind of player needed for our future, can he?

Stoneleigh Loyalist

If his recent interview to a Swedish/Finnish? Newspaper is to be believed he has already made up his mind and will be on his way.
Apparently he is looking for a complete change from English football, not just Fulham.
Rather like Hyndman there will be no change from this.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on February 23, 2016, 12:45:14 PM
It's been very interesting reading these comments about Kaca. The majority of them criticise him in a way that is a disappointment at a potential, wasted talent. There is not one harsh word said against him.

Now, Jazz Richards on the other hand..................................

Not one harsh word against him.
I'll say it then...Crap. :005:

Dodger53

Quote from: davew on February 21, 2016, 09:43:36 PM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on February 21, 2016, 02:04:55 PM
There is something there, but I have never seen it consistently.  Shame.
I have hardly seen it all, when did he ever give a memorable 90 minute performance? He has showed signs of skill and ability, but rarely that I can remember?
You could say this about most of the squad...90 minute performances from any of them have been rare, if ever.