watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Please don't play Amorebieta again

Started by The Swan, February 21, 2016, 10:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

How lucky were we on Saturday. Amorebieta got booked very early on and could have had another yellow later in the game. If Charlton had wound him up he could have got his marching orders.
We must have another central defender better than him. Stearman, Reem or Madl could a better job than him.
The Swan

The Swan

A big test on Tuesday against Leeds. They have got very fast tricky players. Amorebieta is slow and when beaten for pace he just fouls them by pulling them back or chopping them down.
I do hope that I am wrong.
The Swan

westcliff white

Burn was also booked early on and is also slow. However you don't mention him.

For me we gave looked a lot better at the back with both Burn and Amore playing. Add to that Madl and we certainly seem to have improved
Every day is a Fulham day

@jolslover

I rate Nando. Decent player, Agree he is abit reckless tho. Always a worry when hes on a yellow. But you cant deny that defensively we look better with him in the team
STH H3

JackyFulham90

He is reckless but I like him he is a good player hope he keeps getting a run of games at CB he will keep improving

HatterDon

Love Bite does one thing exceptionally -- when overlapping as a fullback he delivers accurate and timely crosses.

That's it.

I see nothing that he contributes as a CB, and is essentially halfway to a yellow at the beginning of any match. He will be our next player to get an early red and cost us three points as the result.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RaySmith

He plays on the edge - highly committed, but true that his rashness can possibly lead to a red card. But how many times is he actually sent off?

SJ must think it's worth that risk, for his ability and attitude. Now we have Burn, Parker and Amore who will throw themselves in front of everything. I was sick of defenders waltzing through our defence without even a tackle going in.

Burn or Amore will bring them down , rather than let them go past and score. Rather a card than conceding a goal imo- and how many red cards do we actually  get?

I believe he has instructed our players to get stuck in more, and he obviously likes Burn and Amore, who both got yellows early in the game on Saturday, but neither of them was sent off.

Amore is also a threat at attacking corners with his heading ,as is Burn, and they are both good at defending corners, with their height and combative nature, which has been a great weakness of ours.

Roberty

Makes a change to have a defender who is close enough to foul the oppositions forward, most have scored unopposed this season
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

St Eve

Amorebieta is a disaster. He is just not good enough and we have enough CB's that can play and will stay on the pitch for the entire game.

GrahamG

I think on Saturday he had a fairly solid game but with a couple of big mistakes that fortunately we got away with. (free kick in the first half that he made amends by blocking and out of position near the end when the Charlton forward missed a great chance). I find myself shaking my head when his name is announced in the starting XI but perhaps the time has come to stick with him and Burn to try to get the partnership to gel. It is incredible that it has come down to this but, with Stearman and Ream not featuring, it's not as if we have a lot of options.

snarks

I thought his yellow on Saturday was unlucky. He's not good enough in a flat back 4 either at LB or CB where his lack of pace is really shown up, he also doesn't have the height of Burn for aerial duals. Having said all that in a back 5 he's fine at this level.

MJG

never a fan of his but has to be said hes done better than expected since he came back and at the moment he deserves to be starting.
Still don't like a lot of things he does and not sure I'd want him around next season, but I'd rather him than say Stearman who seems to have forgotten how to stick with his man when defending.

Adi-ffc

Quote from: St Eve on February 22, 2016, 02:14:10 AM
Amorebieta is a disaster. He is just not good enough and we have enough CB's that can play and will stay on the pitch for the entire game.

Absurd.

With him in the team we have won 2 out of 3, finally look more combative at the back, and have enough height and aggression at set pieces both ends of the pitch.

Miles better than anything else we have, with the stats to prove it.

HamsterWheel

He's great. Sure he always gets stuck in early. But the opposition are then terrified of going anywhere near him for fear of waking up in A&E.

Holders

He's an experienced professional defender, an international I think, and he will have a pretty good idea of just what he can get away with.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Chutney

Amorebieta is a short term fix to get us out of a tricky situation at the bottom end of the chamionship, he should be starting ahead of the players who have failed and got us in to this position in the first place, I think he's done quite well since coming back.

It is VERY important that we sign a quality CB in the summer to partner Burn.
C O Y W

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: RaySmith on February 22, 2016, 12:15:39 AM
He plays on the edge - highly committed, but true that his rashness can possibly lead to a red card. But how many times is he actually sent off?

SJ must think it's worth that risk, for his ability and attitude. Now we have Burn, Parker and Amore who will throw themselves in front of everything. I was sick of defenders waltzing through our defence without even a tackle going in.

Burn or Amore will bring them down , rather than let them go past and score. Rather a card than conceding a goal imo- and how many red cards do we actually  get?

I believe he has instructed our players to get stuck in more, and he obviously likes Burn and Amore, who both got yellows early in the game on Saturday, but neither of them was sent off.

Amore is also a threat at attacking corners with his heading ,as is Burn, and they are both good at defending corners, with their height and combative nature, which has been a great weakness of ours.

I think that Ryan Tunnicliffe has all the credentials of the above to be sent off.

Ordar

Surprised to see this topic, as I thought he'd been one of our better players since coming back from loan.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: westcliff white on February 21, 2016, 10:22:44 PM
Burn was also booked early on and is also slow. However you don't mention him.

For me we gave looked a lot better at the back with both Burn and Amore playing. Add to that Madl and we certainly seem to have improved
+1  To be fair, both are surprising me - shows what a good judge I am!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.