watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Referee

Started by HamsterWheel, February 22, 2016, 08:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HamsterWheel

Finally we got in Kevin Friend a decent referee. I couldn't see a single decision he got wrong. he let play go on as much as he could. No Prem games and not may FA Cup ones so some of the Prem refs lowered themselves to Championship games.
Such a change from the usual "blow and guess" little Hitlers we're used to in the Championship.
Mind you, the gobby old bloke who sits behind me seemed to disagree, wanting a yellow card every time a Fulham player was nudged !

Chutney

He blocked one of our clearances and then booked burn for a foul directly caused by his interference with play. A good ref shouldn't be interfering with play.
C O Y W

Berserker

Yes I remember that Chutney. I was saying to my friend next to me what the hell was that booking for, I just couldn't understand it. To guys the other side where laughing at me so I thought I must have missed something and was making a fuss for nothing
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: HamsterWheel on February 22, 2016, 08:53:48 AM
Finally we got in Kevin Friend a decent referee. I couldn't see a single decision he got wrong. he let play go on as much as he could. No Prem games and not may FA Cup ones so some of the Prem refs lowered themselves to Championship games.
Such a change from the usual "blow and guess" little Hitlers we're used to in the Championship.
Mind you, the gobby old bloke who sits behind me seemed to disagree, wanting a yellow card every time a Fulham player was nudged !
This is a wind up right?  He was AWFUL!  Fussy, stopping play unnecessarily, and didn't let play flow when he could/should have. I thought all our cards were harsh but, unsurprisingly, don't recall theirs.  IMO he wasn't biased but just not very good.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

FFCSteve

Don't know if it's because I'm bias being a Fulham fan. But I think we get bad treatment from all refs.
Seems to me we brush the opposition and it's a foul. We get clattered and play goes on. Hmm! must be Fulhamish!
I did laugh when Gentleman Jim Spat his dummy shouting at the ref to get out of the way of our play.
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

alexbishop

Quote from: Berserker on February 22, 2016, 09:14:49 AM
Yes I remember that Chutney. I was saying to my friend next to me what the hell was that booking for, I just couldn't understand it. To guys the other side where laughing at me so I thought I must have missed something and was making a fuss for nothing

Yes the ball hit the ref but then Burn went in rashly with two feet to try and win it back and mistimed his challenge completely. Correct to book him.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Berserker

Ah thanks for that info, didn't see the Burn challenge

- Martin Luther King Jr.

GrahamG

I don't usually complain about refs and often find it pathetic the way that poor team performances are excused by hiding behind the supposed inefficiencies of the match officials. However... I thought that Kevin Friend was absolutely useless on Saturday. His involvement in the move that led to Dan Burn's booking was probably his own personal 'highlight' but there wasn't much that he did right to be honest.

FPT

Very good looking penalty shout in the second half for a hand ball. The Burn one a little interesting, Burn's foul probably worthy of a yellow but he wouldn't have needed to make the foul had the referee not been in the way and put the defence under pressure.

And to be honest, he could really have sent Ryan Tunnicliffe off. Maybe the referee knew it was Ryan Tunnicliffe's return after a while out and seeing as nobody was hurt, he was a little lenient. I think other referees may have pulled out a different coloured card.

The Amorebieta yellow was a little harsh also, it was a foul but probably not a yellow card in my book.

leonffc

Quote from: alexbishop on February 22, 2016, 10:15:18 AM
Quote from: Berserker on February 22, 2016, 09:14:49 AM

Yes the ball hit the ref but then Burn went in rashly with two feet to try and win it back and mistimed his challenge completely. Correct to book him.

Yep, terrible tackle. People around me were saying he shouldn't have been booked because of Friends 'intervention' but it's a separate phase of play.
I thought Tunnicliffe was close to a red with his challenge too. I haven't seen it on replay but it looked like he went in high with his follow through. 

Berserker

Funny my friend next to me said about Tunni when he ran on pitch, he looks hyped up I wonder how long before he'll have a yellow!

- Martin Luther King Jr.

epsomraver

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 22, 2016, 09:17:35 AM
Quote from: HamsterWheel on February 22, 2016, 08:53:48 AM
This is a wind up right?  He was AWFUL!  Fussy, stopping play unnecessarily, and didn't let play flow when he could/should have. I thought all our cards were harsh but, unsurprisingly, don't recall theirs.  IMO he wasn't biased but just not very good.
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

epsomraver

Quote from: GrahamG on February 22, 2016, 10:39:36 AM
I don't usually complain about refs and often find it pathetic the way that poor team performances are excused by hiding behind the supposed inefficiencies of the match officials. However... I thought that Kevin Friend was absolutely useless on Saturday. His involvement in the move that led to Dan Burn's booking was probably his own personal 'highlight' but there wasn't much that he did right to be honest.
0001.jpeg

westcliff white

I gave him a 6/10 performance, thought he missed a blatant hand ball from Fredericks cross. Burn's booking for me was a telling off, he had to realise the block by himself led to the tackle by Burn, he should have said look Dan your only getting a telling off as it hit me but other wise thats a booking the tackle wasn't required till his intervention is my point (badly made I know)
Every day is a Fulham day

snarks

I thought Tunni was lucky to stay on, amor's card was harsh and the number of fouls their CB committed without a booking given Burn's card was poor. Typical referee performance for me, inconsistent.

bill taylors apprentice

He wasn't the worst ref at the Cottage this season by a long way but he was not good enough to warrant a topic praising him.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Really weird to choose to praise the refereeing yesterday.

Apart from the decisions over bookings and the potential red card that others have discussed he blew the whistle quickly on several occasions when he might have allowed the advantage. It made me suggest that football ought to interpret the advantage rule as they do in rugby: let the game continue and bring it back for a free kick if no advantage is gained.

nose

Friend?
One of my least favourite refs.  My heart sank when i saw his name
AND
he surpassed my worst fears
Every 50:50...  theirs
Every arm in the face or obstruction,  of which there were plrnty,  on our players eas a coming togeher..  the othr way the whistle was out
I doubted he would allow our goals because he is do anti fulham
He is in the same class as riley... durso...  rhe three yellow card man..  oliver the one who changed his mind  and so on battenburg