watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (23/02/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, February 23, 2016, 08:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Leeds Utd v Fulham: My signings have improved us by some distance, insists Steve Evans

AS HEARTENING as Leeds United's performances against all but Brighton & Hove Albion of the promotion-chasing pack have been this term, Elland Road has not been a happy hunting ground for the club.

Just four wins and 12 goals from 16 league games in front of their own fans is a wretched return.

Only Aston Villa and Dagenham & Redbridge with 10 apiece have scored fewer on home soil in the top six divisions of English football.

"To score goals you need a goalscorer," said head coach Steve Evans when asked yesterday about the lack of goals. "Chris Wood is a goalscorer, but he has been injured over half of the time (Evans has been in charge).

"So, I am looking at the rest of the squad and who is going to genuinely get us goals? Not just from the strikers, but from wide positions and from midfield.

"I know what we need to strengthen, I know the type of player, but I need to be allowed to build my team and work with them."

Since succeeding Uwe Rosler in October, Evans has been able to make just three additions.

"Does (Toumani) Diagouraga make us better?" he added. "Does (Liam) Bridcutt make us better? Does (Mustapha) Carayol make us better?

"There is another question for the Leeds fans. Without Digaouraga, without Bridcutt and without Carayol coming in, do they think we would be a in a relegation fight come the end of the season?

"I have only brought three players in and have they improved us? And the answer is, 'By some distance'.

"The one thing that I don't forget is that when I first accepted the job at Leeds United, I had one remit from the owner – to stay up – because everyone, including a lot of Leeds United supporters who I have known for years, thought they were going down."

Wood will again be missing for United with a hamstring strain, but Gaetano Berardi is back in the squad after coming through an Under-21s game yesterday along with a fit-again Liam Cooper.

Read more: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-utd-v-fulham-my-signings-have-improved-us-by-some-distance-insists-steve-evans-1-7743650#ixzz40ykzEso1

WhiteJC

Pringle: I Didn't Turn Down Town

Town new boy Ben Pringle has dismissed claims that he rejected a move to Portman Road last summer.

Pringle, 26, has been recruited on an initial one-month loan deal from Championship rivals Fulham and after making his debut in the recent 2-1 defeat at Bristol City he is set to make his first home appearance in tonight's clash with top-of-the-table Hull.

But reports that he turned down a move to Ipswich in favour of joining Fulham when his contract at Rotherham expired last summer are well wide of the mark, he insisted.

Asked about interest in him during the 2015 close season, Pringle said: "There wasn't a lot really. I know there have been a few people on Twitter saying I turned Ipswich down and things like that but it never got to that point.

"I knew Mick was interested. One of my good friends at Rotherham speaks to Lids [Town fitness coach Andy Liddell] quite often so we knew about it then, although nothing came from it.

"At the time, when I was leaving Rotherham , I was open to pretty much anything, so it was just a case of who showed interest enough and who wanted to do it. Fulham were the frontrunners and I went there."

But although the left-footed midfielder was a regular under the man who signed him, Kit Symons, another change of manager at Craven Cottage – ex-Watford boss Slavisa Jokanovic took charge soon after Christmas – left Pringle out in the cold.

He added: "You get to that point where you think 'Enough's enough, I need to play games'. With Rotherham I played the majority of the games for three seasons so it was maybe nice to have a little bit of a rest for a couple of months, not playing and just training.

"But you get to the point where you've had enough of that and you want to be playing. Every player would be like that I think. I spoke to the 72 managers they had in the last month at Fulham and I spoke to plenty of different people.

"There was only so often I could knock the door down and ask 'Where do you see playing?'. When the loan window opened it was pretty straightforward really for me to go out.

"I started the first 11 or 12 games and we were just outside the play-offs and it was by no means a case of me not being good enough to play or anything like that. But Kit went and Peter Grant came in, Stuart Gray came in and then Jokanovic came in.

"I think the dynamics of the team is to get the ball down and play through the middle. They don't really have wide players standing on the byline, putting the ball in, which sounds old school but it's a category you could put me in."

Pringle is determined to make the most of his time with Town, adding: "I'm not really looking too far forward. It's up to Fulham because that's who I play for and that's all I can say really.

"I know I'll enjoy my time here and beyond that we'll just have to wait and see what happens."

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/29104/?

WhiteJC

Fulham midfielder makes demand of team-mates ahead of trip to Leeds United

Baird only re-joined the Whites on loan on Thursday but played the second half of the 3-0 win against relegation-threatened Charlton

Goal: Michael Madl gets mobbed against Charlton

Chris Baird is urging Fulham to put together a string of consistent performances ahead of Tuesday night's Leeds clash at Elland Road.

The midfielder only re-joined the Whites on loan on Thursday but played the second half of the 3-0 win against relegation-threatened Charlton.

But Fulham have developed a habit of following up victories with defeats, and it is one which Baird hopes he can help quash.

The 33-year-old said: "That's the issue now. We have to eradicate mistakes, and away from home be more solid.

"But we'll go there with confidence after today's win. The players that have been here know this experience, they've won 3-1 (against QPR) then lost 3-0 (at Blackburn).

"We will be hoping that that doesn't happen again, everyone will be working hard together and trying to put in another good performance and another good result."

Fulham have followed up clinical victory with heavy defeat twice already this season - both times beating rivals QPR.

And their inconsistency is emphasised by the fact that they have only won back-to-back matches twice this season - the last coming in October.

Baird, though, knows the quality of the club will keep them the right side of the Championship relegation line.

He added after the Charlton win: "Of course we are not in a great position but you can see the quality is there.

"Some really good individual performances today - especially from Tom Cairney with two good goals. The leader as well, Scotty Parker, was absolutely fantastic.

"There's the quality in the squad, it's just a matter of gelling together. There are a few youngsters in the squad who need to be a bit more vocal, but hopefully that'll come.

"We'll just enjoy today, the performance and the win."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-midfielder-makes-demand-team-10926636?

WhiteJC

LUFC Kevin Wright in charge of Fulham clash

Kevin Wright will be the man in charge of the clash between Leeds United and Fulham.

The Cambridgeshire official has taken charge of 25 games so far this season showing 78 yellow cards and 4 reds.

Wright was last in charge of Leeds in November 2014 at Blackburn Rovers. On that occasion, he sent off Tom Cairney for Blackburn before awarding the Lancashire club a dodgy penalty after Luke Varney threw himself to the ground. The decision proved crucial with Blackburn scoring the winning goal from the spot in a 2-1 win.

Despite this being his thirteenth season on the national list, this will be his first game involving Fulham.

Referee: KEVIN WRIGHT (Cambridgeshire)
Assistants: Barry Gordon and Matthew McGrath
Fourth Official: Mark Heywood

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=436260#ixzz40ymIueKy

WhiteJC

Ipswich Town midfielder Ben Pringle discusses why it hasn't worked at Fulham, set pieces and comparisons to Ryan Fraser

New signing Ben Pringle tackles a range of questions ahead of Ipswich Town's clash with Hull City this evening.B

Pringle on...his first few weeks at Ipswich Town

"Coming here I wanted to play as many games as I could and it was a nice start to be thrown in, so I'm just looking forward now to trying to play as many games as possible.

"I think I did quite well in the first half but the game changed in the second, but physically I felt fine and felt as though I could complete the game, although obviously I'll get stronger.

"I'm looking forward now, really.

Pringle on...why things haven't worked out at Fulham

"I knew when I signed at Fulham, having played every single week at Rotherham for a good three years, compared to Fulham where I knew I might not play every week and there were times I might be on the bench.

"I believed in my ability, though, and I didn't think what happened at Fulham would happen. It was frustrating at times but I'm delighted to come here and play games.

"There have been a lot of changes go on at the club, they've changed the way they want to do things a number of times during the season. The style of play is maybe different to what I'd like to play."

Pringle on...Ipswich's interest in the summer

"Not a lot really, I know there have been a few people on Twitter saying I've turned Ipswich down and things like that but it never got to that point.

"I knew Mick was interest. One of my good friends at Rotherham speaks to Lidds (Andy Liddell) quite often so we knew about it then, although nothing came from it.

"At the time, when I was leaving Rotherham, I was open to pretty much anything, so it was just a case of who showed interest enough and who wanted to do it.

"Fulham were the frontrunners and I went there."

Pringle on...his playing style

"I like to put balls into the box and create chances, whether that's coming inside or whether it's staying out wide and putting balls in. I like to make things happen and get about the pitch, whether it's out wide or in the middle.

"Let's hope I can do that."

Pringle on...comparisons to Ryan Fraser

"I haven't stopped hearing about him to be honest!

"He's completely different to what I am. From what I gather he's little and runs at people quite quickly. I don't think fans are going to be expecting that from me.

"The gaffer's said 'we've brought you in to create chances and that's to put balls in the box' so I know what I've got to try and do and with those strikers in the team it shouldn't be a problem.

Pringle on...his career so far

"I've been pretty much all over, but coming up with Rotherham from League Two to League One, you want to try and stay at the highest level possible.

"To get a loan move from Fulham, down the middle, to Ipswich up the top is really good.

"I'll never forget about the (non-league) times. You can almost laugh about it now but they were pretty tough, it helps keep you feet on the ground and makes you appreciate the training ground and everything else which comes with a club like this.

Pringle on...young players coming through

"That's what it should be about for the lads coming through, they get the under 21 games and things like that but they never really get the experience of a proper game.

"If you sign for Ilkeston Town in the Unibond Premier League you soon find out what kind of player you are.

"I think it needs to be addressed differently but that's just my opinion.

Pringle on...making his home debut against Hull

"I can't wait, I've played here before with Rotherham so know the stadium and the atmosphere is about so it should be good.

"It will be a tough game but with the players we have in the squad and the style we like to play, we should be enough for everyone."

Pringle on...set pieces

"I'm always around the set-pieces, looking to get involved. I know there are a few other boys who fancy it as well so it's about weighing up what's best at the time."

Pringle on...the future

"I'm not really looking too far forward and it's up to Fulham though because that's who I play for. That's all I can say on that really to be honest so we'll have to wait and see.

"I know I'll enjoy time here and we'll have to wait and see what happens."

http://www.sudburymercury.co.uk/sport/ipswich_town_midfielder_ben_pringle_discusses_why_it_hasn_t_worked_at_fulham_set_pieces_and_comparisons_to_ryan_fraser_1_4428927

WhiteJC

Leeds United v Fulham: Big match preview

Check out our at-a-glance guide to Leeds United's clash with Fulham at Elland Road.

Ross McCormack v Liam Cooper: Leeds are not exactly raining goals at the minute – the Whites have not scored for 321 minutes of football – and their prospects surely hinge on keeping a clean sheet. Cooper missed Saturday's FA Cup loss at Watford with injury but looks set to return to partner Sol Bamba at centre-back with Giuseppe Bellusci suspended. Between them, they must keep top scorer McCormack quiet but remember that fellow forward Moussa Dembele has 12 goals for the season as well.

KEY MAN

Ross McCormack: Who else? Sold by Leeds to Fulham for £11m in July 2014 and now makes his second visit back to Elland Road since. McCormack failed to score on his first trip back to Leeds in December 2014 but the Scot has already notched 18 league and cup goals this season, just one shy of his entire tally for last term. Keep an eye also on midfielder Tom Cairney who bagged a brace in Saturday's 3-0 win against Charlton.

LAST TIME AT ELLAND ROAD

Saturday, December 13, 2014: Leeds United 0 Fulham 1. Goals: Hugo Rodallega (60).

EXPERT VIEW

Lee Sobot says: A strange feeling to a game between two sides who already have next to nothing to play for. Leeds, in 17th, are 16 points off the play-offs but 11 points clear of the drop zone, and two points and one place above Fulham. If United perform the way they did in the goalless draw against Middlesbrough they ought to win, granted a bit more ruthlessness in front of goal. The worry is that Fulham will park the bus and hit Leeds on the counter which appears a good way to beat them.

BETTING

Odds: Home win – 31-20; draw – 2-1; away win – 5-2.

Read more: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-lufc-news/leeds-united-v-fulham-big-match-preview-1-7743800#ixzz40yngzg9g

WhiteJC

Manchester United consider shock summer swoop for international ace
MANCHESTER UNITED are considering a summer move for Fulham midfielder Emerson Hyndman.

TARGET: Emerson Hyndman is a USA international

The USA international is out of contract at Craven Cottage at the end of the season and would be available on a free transfer.

And the Daily Mail report the Red Devils are closely monitoring the 19-year-old's situation.

Hyndman joined Fulham's academy in 2011 and was handed his first-team debut in August 2014

He has made 11 appearances this season but with the Cottagers languishing in the bottom half of the Championship, Hyndman is expected to move on when his contract expires.

A host of clubs have been linked with the teenager including German giants Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund and Wolfsburg while Tottenham and West Ham are also reportedly interested.

Last week Here Is The City cited a Fulham insider who claimed United were leading the chase for his signature.

They said: "He looks to be on his way, we have been told of a number of clubs who want him and are offering big deals, but United look to be in the strongest position."

Should Hyndman complete a move to Old Trafford, it is likely he would immediately be sent out on loan to aid his development.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/496456/Manchester-United-summer-swoop-Fulham-midfielder-Emerson-Hyndman

WhiteJC

'Is that a serious question?' - What made Leeds boss Evans snap ahead of Fulham clash?

Leeds head coach Steve Evans was in tetchy mood ahead of the club's midweek Championship clash.

Leeds United head coach Steve Evans was in a tetchy mood ahead of the club's midweek clash with Fulham.

He snapped at a reporter during his pre-match interview for BBC Radio Leeds, who asked him about his plans for next season.

The exchange went as follows...

BBC Radio Leeds: "Some fans are questioning Leeds United's promotion credentials for next season, how can you convince them that they are good enough for promotion, that you can get them promoted next season Steve?"

Steve Evans: "Is that a serious question?"

BBC Radio Leeds: "Yeah, it's just based on fan's feedback that we've had, that was all."

Steve Evans: "OK. Well, what we are going to do is we are going to keep the best of the players we have got now, and we are going to add, very selectively to the group in the summer. And by the time we get off and running in July at Thorp Arch, there will be a top six squad put in place.

"I am one of the few managers in recent years, not the best, that has a track record when he has told supporters that when he will put a promotion squad on the pitch, that has followed and got supported. I have 100 per cent belief I will get supported to put that squad in place, and that's my objective."

Evans is clearly confident he will get the backing of Massimo Cellino in the transfer market, and judging by his comments, Leeds are likely to be one of the early transfer movers in the upcoming window, if they intend on doing the majority of their transfer business by July.

The head coach may be tiring of repeating himself, but if he can't understand why supporters are questioning the fact that a team sitting in 17th position in the Championship table will quickly turn everything around then there is a disconnect.

Leeds need to start winning games now to instil a bit of belief, victorious in just eight league games out of 31 this campaign.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/02/22/is-that-a-serious-question-what-made-leeds-boss-evans-snap-ahead/?

WhiteJC

BAIRD URGES FULHAM TO STAND FIRM AT LEEDS

Fulham midfielder Chris Baird is urging Fulham to put together a string of consistent performances ahead of Tuesday night's Leeds clash at Elland Road.

The midfielder only re-joined the Whites on loan on Thursday but played the second half of the 3-0 win against relegation-threatened Charlton.

But Fulham have developed a habit of following up victories with defeats, and it is one which Baird hopes he can help quash.

The 33-year-old said: "That's the issue now. We have to eradicate mistakes, and away from home be more solid.

"But we'll go there with confidence after today's win. The players that have been here know this experience, they've won 3-1 (against QPR) then lost 3-0 (at Blackburn).

"We will be hoping that that doesn't happen again, everyone will be working hard together and trying to put in another good performance and another good result."

Fulham have followed up clinical victory with heavy defeat twice already this season - both times beating rivals QPR.

And their inconsistency is emphasised by the fact that they have only won back-to-back matches twice this season - the last coming in October.

Baird, though, knows the quality of the club will keep them the right side of the Championship relegation line.

He added after the Charlton win: "Of course we are not in a great position but you can see the quality is there.

"Some really good individual performances today - especially from Tom Cairney with two good goals. The leader as well, Scotty Parker, was absolutely fantastic.

"There's the quality in the squad, it's just a matter of gelling together. There are a few youngsters in the squad who need to be a bit more vocal, but hopefully that'll come.

"We'll just enjoy today, the performance and the win."

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/news/baird-urges-fulham-to-stand-firm-at-leeds.aspx?

WhiteJC

Leeds United Flashback

Take a look back at last season's visit to Elland Road, where a Hugo Rodallega goal ensured the Whites took all three points back to SW6.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/23/leeds-united-flashback?

WhiteJC

I Want Run In Leeds United Team, Sol Bamba Admits

Leeds United defender Sol Bamba has insisted that he wants to play regularly, ahead of his side's Championship meeting with Fulham tonight.

Bamba, who featured in the 1-0 loss to Watford in an FA Cup game at the weekend, lost his place in the starting line-up earlier this season, with manager Steve Evans preferring Liam Cooper and Giuseppe Bellusci over the Ivorian.

The 31-year-old played at Vicarage Road, owing to Cooper's injury; the 24-year-old is set to return to action against the Cottagers.

However, with Bellusci suspended for two games for picking up 10 yellow cards in the present campaign, Bamba is expected to play against Fulham at Elland Road.

And the centre-back, whose last league outing came during the 1-1 draw with MK Dons on 2nd January, is hopeful about getting an extended run in the team.

"Obviously every game is a bonus for me", Bamba said on LUTV ahead of the Fulham game.

"I just want to play like everyone else.

"It was good to play [against Watford] and hopefully that will be the case on Tuesday again."

Bamba, who joined Leeds from Palermo in January 2015 before making his move permanent in the summer, has made 20 appearances in all competitions for the Whites this season, scoring once.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2016/02/23/i-want-run-in-leeds-united-team-sol-bamba-admits/272110/?

WhiteJC

Preview: Out of form Leeds face Fulham at Elland Road

Leeds go into tonight's match with Fulham having won just one league game in 2016. London Fulham meanwhile picked up a 3-0 win over Charlton in their last outing.

Leeds are badly out of form with their only league victory in 2016 coming against Bristol City, a 1-0 win in which United won a poor contest thanks to a Souleymane Doukara goal.

Opponents Fulham have been inconsistent since the turn of the year.

The Cottagers have enjoyed some great wins against London rivals QPR and Charlton, but they have suffered disappointing lows as well. Defeats against Blackburn (3-0) and Wolves (3-2) spring to mind.

There are positives for Fulham though, as midfielder Tom Cairney produced a stellar performance against Charlton last time out. The former Leeds academy product put the Addicks to the sword and finished the match with two well taken goals, helping his side to a 3-0 win.

Leeds were beaten 1-0 at Watford thanks to a Scott Wootton own goal. It was a disappointing performance and Leeds are now out of the cup and the season is over.

In terms of team news, Leeds defender Bellusci is suspended for two matches after picking up a 10th booking of the season. Gaetano Berardi should be named on the bench by Steve Evans after returning from injury.

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic has revealed that he has no fresh injury concerns, and towering defender Dan Burn could return to the side after a hamstring problem.

Whilst Fulham have been inconsistent recently, Leeds have been struggling to find the net and they are still conceding poor goals.

Fulham have been finding the net far more than we have and despite their leaky defence (53 conceded this season in the league) I'm backing them to take all three points.

We will be without Chris Wood once again and the goals have dried up. Fulham have a far stronger range of attacking options in Dembele, McCormack, and the aerial threat that is Smith.

Prediction: Leeds 0-2 Fulham

TEAM STATS AND FACTS:

LEEDS: 17th with 37 points, scoring 29 and conceding 34 with a goal difference of -5.

Top Scorer: New Zealand striker Chris Wood (8). Misses tonight's game.

Top Assister: Stuart Dallas (4).

Clean Sheets: 7

Won: 8

Drawn: 13

Lost: 10

FULHAM: 18th with 35 points, scoring 50 and conceding 53. Goal difference of -3.

Top Scorer: Ross McCormack (16).

Top Assister: Ross McCormack (7).

Clean Sheets: 3

Won: 8

Drawn: 11

Lost: 13

Safe journey to all attending the game.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/leedsunited/news/42102/?

WhiteJC

Keep Standards Set Against Middlesbrough, Defender Urges Leeds United

Leeds United defender Sol Bamba wants his side to put in a similar display against Fulham tonight to that they produced versus Middlesbrough last week.

The Whites, who were knocked out of the FA Cup after losing 1-0 to Premier League outfit Watford at the weekend, headed into the game at Vicarage Road on the back of a goalless draw against Middlesbrough at Elland Road, a good achievement given the two teams' vast contrast in league positions.

While Boro are currently two points adrift of top spot in the Championship with a game in hand, Leeds presently find themselves 17th in the standings.

And Bamba, who feels Leeds should follow the standards they set against Middlesbrough for the rest of the season, called on his side to put in another impressive display at Elland Road against Fulham.

"Middlesbrough was a great performance, they are top of the league and we played very well against them", he said on LUTV.

"I think we set the standards and need to keep going like that both home and away, especially home.

"So hopefully Tuesday will be the same."

The corresponding league fixture between Leeds and Fulham ended in a 1-1 draw at Craven Cottage in October.

Read more: http://www.insidefutbol.com/2016/02/23/keep-standards-set-against-middlesbrough-defender-urges-leeds-united/272068/#ixzz40zhqAp00

WhiteJC

Leeds United Factfile

Fulham will be looking to secure back-to-back wins and move above Leeds United in the process at Elland Road on Tuesday evening (7.45pm).

The opposition

Since Steve Evans took charge back in October, results have been a mixed bag for Leeds as they have won and lost six games, drawing eight. One of those came at Craven Cottage in his first game in the hotseat, where Chris Wood's penalty cancelled out Moussa Dembélé's opener to ensure the spoils were shared.

They've only won once in the last nine matches going into Tuesday's encounter, although they have claimed two FA Cup victories in that time. They exited the competition 1-0 at the hands of top-flight Watford on Saturday.

Team news

Centre-back Giuseppe Bellusci will serve the first of a two-game ban after picking up his 10th booking of the season at the weekend. Gaetano Berardi made his first appearance since December when he got 45 minutes for the Under-21s on Monday, and Evans has confirmed he'll be in the squad for the visit of Fulham. Liam Cooper is also fit after sitting out the defeat by the Hornets.

Tickets

Tickets will be available to buy on the gate for the bargain price of £40 for adults and from £16 for concessions.

Weather

It will be dry but chilly in Leeds, with temperatures of around four degrees.

How to get there

Trains to Leeds from London Kings Cross take around two-and-a-quarter hours, and Elland Road is a 10-minute taxi ride at the other end. Please note there are no return trains available after the game.

Pre-match

Wetherspoons and the Scarborough Taps at the train station will get fairly busy, so a walk into town may be your best bet, time permitting.

Coral match odds

Leeds: 6/4

Draw: 12/5

Fulham: 19/10

Last time we met

A frustrating evening in South-West London saw Fulham and Leeds draw 1-1 in October. Dembélé's fine solo effort had given the Whites the lead, only for the visitors to draw level through Chris Wood's contentious penalty. Full debutant Joe Lewis got two hands to his spot-kick but couldn't quite keep it out, but he was otherwise imperious, making a number of key saves to keep his side on level terms.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/23/leeds-united-factfile?

WhiteJC

LUFC Doukara to set Leeds on their way?

Leeds United and Fulham meet this evening in a SkyBet Championship clash.

Both teams will be hoping for a win as they look to pull away from the bottom six in the division.

Leeds have won just once in the league in 2016 whilst Fulham come into the game having won two of their last three games.

SkyBet make Leeds 7/5 favourites to claim the three points, Fulham are 9/5 and it is 5/2 on the draw.

Souleymane Doukara is once again expected to lead the Leeds attack with Chris Wood still on the sidelines. Doukara has hit four goals since returning to the side since the turn of the year and he is 11/2 to score the first goal this evening.

Ross McCormack returns to Elland Road this evening. McCormack left Leeds for Fulham in a big money move in the summer of 2014 and he has failed to score in the three meetings between the two sides since the move. McCormack is 5/1 to break that duck with the opening goal of the game.

For a full list of odds go to SkyBet

*Odds subject to fluctuation and correct at the time of print. Please gamble responsibly.

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=436262#ixzz40ziRc0Hk

WhiteJC

Shrewsbury Bow Out

Jack Grimmer played the full 90 minutes as Shrewsbury Town bowed out of the Emirates FA Cup at the hands of Manchester United, while Larnell Cole was introduced at half-time against his former club.

The visitors took the lead in the Fifth Round tie at Greenhous Meadow through former Fulham man Chris Smalling. The United captain struck a shot into the ground that bounced over the dive of Shrews goalkeeper Jayson Leutwiler.

It was 2-0 in first half stoppage time when Juan Mata curled a fine free-kick over the wall, but there was more than a hint of controversy about it as two United players were in an offside position as it was taken.

Jesse Lingard made it three just after the hour mark when he got on the end of a neat Ander Herrera pass to poke home.

Shrewsbury's best chance came in the 87th minute when Grimmer sent over a perfect cross to the unmarked Abu Ogogo, but his header sailed way off target.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/23/shrewsbury-bow-out?

WhiteJC

BETTING PREVIEW: LEEDS VS FULHAM
Betting partner Coral preview Tuesday's visit of Fulham

Coral make Leeds the slight favourites for Tuesday's visit of Fulham, quoting 6/4 for the Home Win. Fulham haven't offered much on the road recently, winning just one of their last 10 away from home, but there looks to be better value in other markets.

Under 2.5 Goals has paid out in eight of the last ten matches, including the last three. Coral offer an odds-on 17/20 , but with Leeds' solid recent defensive record – just four conceded in the last six – and current lack of goals, it looks solid.

The Draw makes some appeal . No team has drawn more matches than Leeds this season, including three of the last six at Home. Fulham have drawn five of their last 11 away games and the reverse fixture at Craven Cottage also ended level.

Coral are paying 12/5 , or a bigger 19/5 for the match to be level at Half-time and Full-time (the Half-time/ Full-time market).

You'll get 5/1 for a repeat of the 1-1 Score Line from earlier in the season. But for a 'Hollywood' bet, you're best bet is a dabble in the Goal Scorer markets.

Mirco Antenucci and Souleymane Doukara  again head the betting at 11/2 to score the First Goal and 6/4 Anytime .
Doukara looks a good bet, with a decent four goals from his last nine outings. Three of those paying out at First Goal Scorer.

Don't forget, Coral also offer a Cash Out facility. Allowing you to take a profit before the match has even finished. So if you back the 1-1 Correct Score at 5/1 and that's the score with 15 minutes left – you will be offered the chance to take a guaranteed profit at a slightly smaller price. No need to bite you nails until the end of the game, when you can take your money and run!

- See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/18cp6900p0fwe15qw9m8utd0wu/title/betting-preview-leeds-vs-fulham?#sthash.QWMi9ADo.dpuf

WhiteJC

Steve Evans makes his opinion on Ross McCormack known, impressed with teenage talent

Leeds United will face Fulham at Elland Road in the Championship this evening.

Leeds United head coach Steve Evans has spoken highly of Fulham duo Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembele on BBC Radio Leeds.

The West Yorkshire outfit will take on Fulham at Elland Road in the Championship this evening.

"Massive threat, they are a massive threat to anyone in the Championship," Evans told BBC Radio Leeds about McCormack and Dembele.

"Ross McCormack has been subjected to multimillion pound offers at his time at Fulham, and the boy Dembele is a special player, so my back-five, including my goalkeeper, need to be on top of their game."

McCormack is one of the best strikers in the Championship and has been in good form so far this season.

The 29-year-old Scotland international, who played for Leeds from 2010 until 2014, has scored 16 goals and created 57 chances in 30 league matches for Fulham so far this campaign.

The former Rangers man has a pass accuracy of 80% and a shot accuracy of 67%, and has won one header, 20 dribbles and three tackles.

Dembele, who is just 19 years of age, has been a revelation this season and is one of the best young players in the Championship at the moment.

The France Under-20 international forward has scored 10 goals and created 24 chances in 29 league games so far this campaign.

The teenager has a pass accuracy of 69% and a shot accuracy of 51%, and has won 102 headers, 20 dribbles and 11 tackles.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/02/23/steve-evans-makes-his-opinion-on-ross-mccormack-known-impressed/?

WhiteJC

U18 REPORT: FULHAM 1 ALBION 1

Albion's under-18s secured a draw at Fulham

FULHAM 1
Adebajo 6

ALBION 1
Ajeboye 75

Albion end the regional group season with a draw
Elijah Adebayo opens the scoring for Fulham
David Ajeboye equalises for Brighton
The Seagulls finish ninth in the Barclays Premier League South table

Brighton & Hove Albion's under-18s finished their regional group campaign with a 1-1 draw with Fulham at their Motspur Park training ground on Thursday.

The result leaves Ian Buckman's side ninth in the table after playing all 22 matches in the south regional group.

The northern and southern divisions will now merge and Albion face four further fixtures against the teams that finished ninth to 12th in the northern division.

Fulham took the lead in the sixth minute when Harrison Paton played in a perfectly-weighted pass to Adebayo, who fired a strike beyond Albion keeper Robert Sanchez.

Sanchez was called into action again to deny Adebayo twice from extending Fulham's lead, before Thomas Byrne had Albion's first chance with a header which was comfortably saved by keeper Jake Soutter.

Albion shot-stopper, Sanchez, made another terrific save to keep out an Aron Davies header that was heading towards the top corner. He continued his impressive performance after the break to tip a Jayden Harris volley around the post.

Despite Fulham's pressure, the Seagulls struck next thanks to Ajeboye, who got beyond the defence and sent a low strike past substitute keeper Josh Lukwata to bring parity to the scoreline.

Isaac Hutchinson could have even secured all three points for Buckman's side, but blazed a shot over the bar.

But the hosts had a golden opportunity to snatch a winner late on, but Matthew O'Riley headed wide from a Joe Felix cross and the points were shared.

ALBION: Sanchez; Moore, White, Golan (Ajiboye 65), Cox; Davies, Meyers, Sanders; Byrne, Garcia (Hutchinson 81), Meekums (Mandrioiu 52).

SUBS NOT USED: Vose (GK), Rolph.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/brighton-hove-albion-fulham-under-18-report-2969391.aspx#gt60flWmlW6pVoco.99

WhiteJC

Report: Leicester City eyeing summer move for Kostas Mitroglou

Leicester are reportedly keen on signing Kostas Mitroglou this summer, O Jogo reports.

The 27-year-old striker is currently on loan at Benfica from Championship side Fulham, and has scored 17 goals in 32 games this season.

The Greek international made his name with Olympiacos, scoring 81 goals in 183 games for the club, impressing in the Champions League and on the international stage.

His form with Olympiacos earned him a big money move to England, transferring to Fulham in January 2014, with the West London club facing relegation from the Premier League.

Mitroglou was meant to be their main chance of survival, but he struggled to adapt to English football, and he managed just three games that season - as Fulham were relegated.

He has not appeared for the club since then, rejoining Olympiacos on loan last season, and heading to Benfica for this campaign.

Due to his impressive form in Portugal, Leicester have been keeping tabs on the striker, scouting Mitroglou for the season.

They are considering making a move for the striker this summer, with Claudio Ranieri keen to add players with Champions League experience to his squad ahead of next campaign, and the likely European adventures Leicester will be going on.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/02/23/report-leicester-city-eyeing-summer-move-for-kostas-mitroglou/?