watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Joca video interview

Started by nose, February 26, 2016, 07:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

I love joca, I believe 100% we will be promoted next year...automatic, probably champions... i have the same feeling as i did when m adams took over, when keegan was at the helm and when Tigs arrived.

I love ross too and if we really keep him and the baord doesn't sabotage the whole thing 100%, read it again 100% I believe we will be back in the prem.

I am always being slagged off for being negative and critical... how much more optimistic do you want me to be. Even if we lose tomorrow, even if we survive by one point this season, we are on our way back.

Since the day roy left us this is the first time I have looked up and seen the promised land.....

If you ain't gonna give up the funk as the mighty george C said

Jamie88

I do feel much, much more optimistic than I used to be regarding our near future, though one thing I have learnt in supporting Fulham is to never put all your eggs in one basket! The club seems to have a good way of shooting itself in its foot in recent times

JDH101

You felt good when Micky Adams took over? Really? Why? I know it was our best season ever but there was no reason to think we were going up before a ball was kicked. First time manager. Barely stayed up the year before. Not a pot to urinate in....

westcliff white

I listened to it and he is infectious in the way he speaks, he has clearly had an influence on Ross too. I really thought he would sell Ross and go with two pacey strikers, so that is a surprise to me but also encouraging.
Every day is a Fulham day

davew

Quote from: westcliff white on February 26, 2016, 08:12:46 PM
I listened to it and he is infectious in the way he speaks, he has clearly had an influence on Ross too. I really thought he would sell Ross and go with two pacey strikers, so that is a surprise to me but also encouraging.
Infectious, I have trouble following what he is saying! I don't think that he would have had any say in who stays or who goes, do you really think he has already established himself into a position where he can dictate to the board or owner what is best? Whilst he may be better placed to steer our ship, he is still employed by our same owner, working with our same board and the crew mates well, a few additions and a few sent out on loan, it's a little better but not yet resolved! 
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

westcliff white

Quote from: davew on February 26, 2016, 10:20:28 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on February 26, 2016, 08:12:46 PM
Infectious, I have trouble following what he is saying! I don't think that he would have had any say in who stays or who goes, do you really think he has already established himself into a position where he can dictate to the board or owner what is best? Whilst he may be better placed to steer our ship, he is still employed by our same owner, working with our same board and the crew mates well, a few additions and a few sent out on loan, it's a little better but not yet resolved! 
Ross said he spoke to SJ and SK in his interview, I take that as a positive. As for infectious I mean his enthusiasm is
Every day is a Fulham day

nose

Quote from: JDH101 on February 26, 2016, 08:00:03 PM
You felt good when Micky Adams took over? Really? Why? I know it was our best season ever but there was no reason to think we were going up before a ball was kicked. First time manager. Barely stayed up the year before. Not a pot to urinate in....
when adams took over for the idiot branfoot... the first game after 15 or 20 mins I said i thought that we would go up the season following because i instantly saw how he changed the team and the style. we played with a high tempo and played to suit the players we had.... the season before was when he inherited the team from branfoot, we had good players but branfoot was a one man walking disaster area, if you remeber the southampton fans sent fulham fans their branfoot out t shirts. and he was nasty too!

Adams was a breath of fresh air, it was obvious. joca gives me the same feeling, he knows what he ois doing, the board could be a fly in the ointment but i trust joca!!!!!

Lighthouse

Love but don't understand the optimism. Nothing to suggest we will not be in the same position this time next season. Nice that the odd win and the odd good performance can change attitudes.

Sadly not mine.  fp.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

nose

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 26, 2016, 11:55:49 PM
Love but don't understand the optimism. Nothing to suggest we will not be in the same position this time next season. Nice that the odd win and the odd good performance can change attitudes.

Sadly not mine.  fp.gif

that is the thing
it is not the result as such but the style and method
i am sticking my neck out based on what i have seen and how I can project that into the future
i understand others may be less optimisitic and with good reason BUT providing, as I said, the baord do not do amything stupid (and they might) i am certain we will do brilliantly
take into account the stick i had for turning on jol within a couple of weeks of him starting (actually i never wanted him) and am generally very quick to turn on people who do not cut it....    i think this manager is the business.... wait and see... be amazed

RaySmith

My optimism is tempered with caution, based on experience.

It'll be great if the positive forecasts come true, but I feel I should be ready for at least some ups and downs along the way, just to protect myself from too much disappointment.

Still, I'm prepared to go with the optimistic spirit while it's here, and hope for more  good results and performances from Fulham, starting with today.
COYW!

nose

Quote from: RaySmith on February 27, 2016, 04:31:10 AM
My optimism is tempered with caution, based on experience.

It'll be great if the positive forecasts come true, but I feel I should be ready for at least some ups and downs along the way, just to protect myself from too much disappointment.

Still, I'm prepared to go with the optimistic spirit while it's here, and hope for more  good results and performances from Fulham, starting with today.
COYW!

i cannot help it, even if we lose badly today I am so very confident and it feels good!!!!

Wearethewhites

Look at how long it's taken the Derby's Boro's of this division to build a promotion campaign. Bit different when you drop and keep hold of your quality, then I'd say Promotion would be nailed on under Jockanovic, but it's not that easy.

Unless some fantastic work is done from now, until the end of the season, and into the summer, then I feel we'll spend the next 2 seasons in the Championship building.

Tough division next season with the teams coming down and the changed to the FFP.

Playoffs at most for me will be a massive achievement.

filham

With a ten point cushion above the relegation zone we are all on a seasonal mini high at the moment. Let us return to this thread at 5pm tonight. I hope the feelings will then be the same.

nose

Quote from: Wearethewhites on February 27, 2016, 11:13:04 AM
Look at how long it's taken the Derby's Boro's of this division to build a promotion campaign. Bit different when you drop and keep hold of your quality, then I'd say Promotion would be nailed on under Jockanovic, but it's not that easy.

Unless some fantastic work is done from now, until the end of the season, and into the summer, then I feel we'll spend the next 2 seasons in the Championship building.

Tough division next season with the teams coming down and the changed to the FFP.

Playoffs at most for me will be a massive achievement.

I do nor accept wat u say even though i understand
With the right leader and right players we can storm the division

I am usually negative but i am certain we can genuinely feel optimistic
I never felt last or at the start  of this season we would be in anything but a relegation battle.  And that is wat happened

I refuse, refuse to have my upbeat assesment of next season doused!

nose

just to be clear the boro performance was not good enough
the manger, who i love, got the line up, tactics and formation wrong and the players were lack luster.

however i am just as optimisitic for next season as before. the manager has a poor squad and i am sure he will do the necessary in the summer. we are desparately in need of proper full backs, wingers and woodrow.

amor was totally missed and i was of the opinion if would have been playing the first goal would not have haoppened, stearman and burn were awful. 

if ross had a proper partner, woodrow, that would have made such a difference. buit we just do not currently have enough decent players. boro were strong but not that inspiring... we should have been better

alfie

Quote from: nose on February 28, 2016, 09:23:22 AM
the manger, who i love, got the line up, tactics and formation wrong and the players were lack luster.

however i am just as optimisitic for next season as before. the manager has a poor squad and i am sure he will do the necessary in the summer. we are desparately in need of proper full backs, wingers and woodrow.

amor was totally missed and i was of the opinion if would have been playing the first goal would not have haoppened, stearman and burn were awful. 

if ross had a proper partner, woodrow, that would have made such a difference. buit we just do not currently have enough decent players. boro were strong but not that inspiring... we should have been better

Funny though i thought Stearman was having a reasonable game, seemed to me to be the one defender that was trying, for once i thought Burn was the liability, still that is what opinions are about.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

Quote from: filham on February 27, 2016, 11:22:45 AM
With a ten point cushion above the relegation zone we are all on a seasonal mini high at the moment. Let us return to this thread at 5pm tonight. I hope the feelings will then be the same.

Oh dear, some of the teams below us are now showing a bit of life and with Reading away next week followed by top of the table Burnley at the Cottage we are again conscious that we are not far enough away from the relegation zone.

MJG

Quote from: filham on February 28, 2016, 10:28:43 AM
Quote from: filham on February 27, 2016, 11:22:45 AM

Oh dear, some of the teams below us are now showing a bit of life and with Reading away next week followed by top of the table Burnley at the Cottage we are again conscious that we are not far enough away from the relegation zone.
They may be showing life, but so are we. None of them form wise are above us over the last 6 games.

nose

Quote from: alfie on February 28, 2016, 09:40:01 AM
Quote from: nose on February 28, 2016, 09:23:22 AM

Funny though i thought Stearman was having a reasonable game, seemed to me to be the one defender that was trying, for once i thought Burn was the liability, still that is what opinions are about.

burn was definitely a liability no argument but i do not think steerman was doing the job that amore does and needed to be done and the whole balance was upset..IMO but yes Burn had what I think we can agree was a shocker

Forever Fulham

Well, I believe in the new manager.  I, too, am oddly confident that we have a positive future under him.  It just feels right.  Go on, beat me up all you like.  I think he's the real deal, and I support him.  As for all the talk about Stearman -- I just don't think he's a quality player.  I like Burn.  I like Ream.  I see a place for Amorebieta.  I like Madl.  They just need time to really get to know each other on the pitch.  We score for fun when the defense holds and optimism runs through the eleven.