watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (01/03/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 01, 2016, 07:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Stoke City transfer gossip: Manager Mark Hughes lining up move for Fulham defender

Fulham's Dan Burn, right, played against Stoke City earlier this season in the Capital One Cup.

STOKE CITY'S lack of numbers at the back could be the reason manager Mark Hughes is showing an interest in Fulham defender Dan Burn.

According to the Sun, Hughes is planning a summer swoop for the 23-year-old centre-half.

They say Hughes is looking to bring in a British centre-half following the success of Ryan Shawcross and the manager has been watching Burn and identified him as a potential signing.

Hughes got a good look at him earlier in the season when Stoke beat Fulham 1-0 in the third round of the Capital One Cup at Craven Cottage back in September.

He has experience of playing in the Premier League with the Cottagers.

Read more: http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stoke-City-transfer-gossip-Manager-Mark-Hughes/story-28828023-detail/story.html#ixzz41dUeXGQu
Follow us: @SentinelStaffs on Twitter | sentinelstaffs on Facebook

WhiteJC

Fulham defender demands repeat of QPR and Charlton showings as defeat to Boro leaves Whites in danger

Madl knows Fulham have what it takes to survive in the Championship and is keen to see consistency in performances

Vienna waltz: Michael Madl celebrates

Fulham defender Michael Madl has backed the Cottagers to beat the Championship drop despite defeat to high-flying Middlesbrough on Saturday.

The Whites are lingering in 20th, just seven points above the relegation zone, after strikes from Albert Adomah and Grant Leadbitter condemned them to their first defeat in three.

But Madl - who signed for Fulham on loan from Sturm Graz in January - knows his new side have enough about them to stay up.

He said: "For sure we want to stay up. We need to count as many points as we can and see where we are after the last game.

"We need more points and have the quality in this team to win more games. We know we can beat nearly every team in this league. I don't think we are looking over our shoulder.

"I think if we play like we did against Charlton and QPR then we are a really good Championship team. We need to show this every time for 90 minutes."

Madl has been a big success since joining the club, with the Whites winning twice and drawing once in his five appearances.

Albert Adomah's third minute goal unsettled the Whites on the weekend, before Leadbitter's penalty put the game to bed after just twenty minutes.

And the Austrian centre-back admits the Whites struggled to recover after a disastrous start.

The 27-year-old added: "It was a really bad start. To be losing 1-0 after a few minutes, especially against a team like Middlesbrough was very hard.

"We tried everything in the second half but it was not enough.

"They are well organised and play very good on the counter attack. Being 2-0 up after 20 minutes was perfect for them and difficult for us."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-defender-demands-repeat-qpr-10964216?

WhiteJC

Madl: Clear Targets

Michael Madl lamented conceding two early goals against a solid Middlesbrough outfit and targets increased consistency.

Michael Madl admitted it was an uphill battle for Fulham to re-establish themselves in the encounter with Middlesbrough after the Whites found themselves 2-0 down early on.

Fulham fell behind to an early Albert Adomah header and were then cut even further adrift as Grant Leadbitter converted a penalty in the 20th minute.

Fulham pressed hard to get back into the match with a flurry of chances near the end of the first half. Moussa Dembélé had a spectacular overhead kick tipped over by Dimitrios  Konstantopoulos and then Madl had a goalbound header cleared off the line by Ritchie De Laet. Despite the fight shown, Austrian defender Madl was quick to admit the damage was done early on.

"It was a really bad start," Madl reflected. "After three or four minutes we went down. That makes things very hard, especially against a team like Middlesbrough. We tried everything to get back into the game, particularly in the second half but it wasn't enough.

"Middlesbrough were very organised. They are a very good defensive team but are also very good on the counter. Going up 2-0 in 20 minutes is perfect for them but for us it was very difficult."

With teams below Fulham earning wins over the weekend, Madl expressed his desire to pick up points on a more consistent basis.   

"We really need to get as many points as possible," Madl said. "It's clear that we need more points. We have the quality in this team and I don't see us having a problem winning more games.

"Within this team we have enough confidence. We know we can beat any team on our day. We don't want to be looking over our shoulder all the time. We feel positive that we can win games and pick up more points.

"If we play like we showed against Charlton in the second half and against QPR we can beat anyone. We need to show those kind of performances every time and for 90 minutes. We need to work really hard to get to that point."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/29/madl-uphill-battle?

WhiteJC

City handed another Fulham allocation

Big numbers travelling to Craven Cottage on March 12th.
City have been handed a further allocation of tickets for the trip to Fulham on Saturday, March 12th (3pm).

The club's first visit to Craven Cottage since 1997 has caught the imagination of supporters, with 2,900 tickets now sold.

The allocation handed to City has now increased for a second time, with a total of 3,918 tickets. They remain on general sale online or by phone to 0117 963 0600.

Meanwhile, 350 tickets have been sold for the trip to Wolves on Tuesday, March 8th (7.45pm).

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/city-handed-another-fulham-allocation-2979759.aspx#v0OLlEX8S0dmR6xy.99

WhiteJC

Get your tickets for Saturday's clash with the Cottagers

Reading vs Fulham: Saturday 5th March, 3pm

Fulham will be visiting the Madejski Stadium on Saturday 5th March for a 3pm kick off, and you can make sure you're here to see us take on Slavisa Jokanovic's side this weekend!

With our last home defeat back in December, eight goals scored in our last three games and the team having won three on the bounce this game is not to be missed!

Reading have infact suffered had only one defeat in their last nine games and are building towards an end of season push which will be familiar to Royals fans under the stewardship of Brian McDermott.

The last three performances that the Royals have delivered, have captivated fans both home and away. A fantastic 3-1 victory over Premier League outfit West Bromwich Albion in the FA Cup, was followed by a hard fought three points against Rotherham in midweek. Saturday's seven goal thriller against Charlton will give the Reading faithful real confidence ahead of next weekend!

The Royals, who overcame Fulham 3-0 the last time the two teams met at the Mad Stad, will be looking for a similar performance to last season when they welcome the Cottagers on Saturday.

Check out our highlights of the seven goal thriller against Charlton here

Buy your tickets as early as you can and save up to £3 per ticket by booking before midday on Saturday 5th March.

Last postage is 3pm on Thursday 3rd March so make sure you order your tickets by then to avoid queuing on the Saturday.

To book tickets and for more information, click here, call 0118 968 1313 or visit the Ticket Office at Madejski Stadium in person.

Read more at http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/get-your-tickets-fulham-game-2979686.aspx#Pa1YtgRRY0sO0Rr7.99

WhiteJC

Former Fulham midfielder looking forward to Crawley Town 'challenge'

DEBUT: Lyle Della-Verde - Photo by James Boardman

NEW signing Lyle Della-Verde is looking forward to the "challenge" of playing for Crawley Town, with the former Fulham player admitting his aim is to play in every game.

The attacking midfielder, who was a free agent after leaving League One side Fleetwood Town, joined the Reds on Friday on a month-long contract.

The 21-year-old made his Crawley debut with 15 minutes remaining of Saturday's 2-0 defeat to Leyton Orient, and now Della-Verde is hoping to work his way into Mark Yates' starting XI>

"I'm delighted to make my debut for the club but obviously I'm not happy with the result," he said.

"I was happy at Fleetwood; I played a few games and I was enjoying the challenge but things didn't work out and that's football. Now I'm at Crawley and that's another challenge in the Football League and I'm happy to be here.

"I want to play every game that is available. I want to play on the Saturday and on the Tuesday. I want to play every game and that's my aim, that's my ambition. I will work hard and hopefully I can do that.

"I can play wide, either flank, or through the middle. I'm happy with all three. It was good to come on and hopefully I can push on now and push for a start. My aim is to be starting games."

A friend of Bobson Bawling's, Della-Verde is hoping to settle in fast at the Checkatrade Stadium.

"I knew a bit about the club before I came here; I knew people who had played for the club and someone who plays for the club," the midfielder said. "I will work hard for the team first and foremost. I will give it my all for the club. I am an attacking player and I like create chances and score and assist goals. It's a good club and a good set of lads."

Read more: http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/Fulham-midfielder-looking-forward-Crawley-Town/story-28829430-detail/story.html#ixzz41dYV8Cdl
Follow us: @crawley_news on Twitter | crawleynews on Facebook

WhiteJC

Leicester can easily beat £1.3m wage figure to sign striker

Konstantinos Mitroglou must accept a pay cut  if he wants to stay at Benfica. The Fulham player, who's on loan in Portugal until the end of the season, is expected to be permanently signed by the Lisbon club until May, but needs to agree his personal terms first.

According to O Jogo, Mitroglou used to earn £1.8m per season at Fulham. He accepted to have his annual salary reduced to £1m to prove himself in the Portuguese league this year. Now, Benfica want him to accept £1.3m per year after they sign him.

Benfica will have to use their buying option and spend €7m (£5.5m) on the Fulham striker. The club are completely content to do this, since Mitroglou has 17 goals in 32 games this season and has shown that he worths this amount. 

Last week, we covered another story from O Jogo, which said that Leicester could pay Mitroglou much more than any Portuguese club, and the Foxes have been scouting the Greek player.

The reported annual salary that Benfica are willing to pay him have raised from £786k to £1.3m since last week's story, which seems to be a decent update for Mitrogolou to stay at Estádio da Luz.

If Leicester were really keen then they could easily trump that figure.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/leicester-can-easily-beat-1-3m-wage-figure-to-sign-striker

WhiteJC

Barnsley eye up two Championship defenders on loan

Barnsley are eyeing up Fulham defender Shaun Hutchinson on a loan deal until the end of the season, according to The Sun.

Hutchinson does not seem to be in Slavisa Jokanovic's plans at Fulham, featuring only three times since the former Watford manager took over at the end of December.  Hutchinson has not played for Fulham since the middle of January, in a league game against Huddersfield Town.

The centre-back, 25, was signed by Fulham from Motherwell in June 2014 but has struggled to hold down a first-team place at the club.  Fulham may therefore be open to loaning Hutchinson out, with Barnsley hoping to benefit.

Barnsley won 2-1 away at Crewe at the weekend, taking the club up to ninth place in the table.  Despite their good form this year, the club are looking for a defender to add to their ranks.

It is believed that if a deal for Hutchinson doesn't come off, Barnsley will turn their attention to MK Dons defender Antony Kay, who made nearly 200 appearances for Barnsley in seven years at the club between 2000 and 2007.

http://the72.co.uk/48864/barnsley-eye-up-two-championship-defenders-on-loan/?

WhiteJC

U21s Host Stoke

Fulham Under-21s welcome Stoke City to Craven Cottage on Wednesday evening (7pm).

It's the second time that the teams have met at a First Team ground this season, with the Whites taking three points away from the Britannia Stadium back in September.

Josh Walker marked his U21 debut with a brace in Staffordshire, and although the Potters pulled one back late on through Dominic Telford, Peter Grant's boys held on to secure a solid win.

They go into Wednesday's encounter in good form having gone through February unbeaten. Their most recent outing saw them deliver an outstanding performance all over the pitch to dispatch Newcastle United on their own patch; Mikolaj Kwietniewski and Stephen Humphrys (2) did the damage on Tyneside in a 3-0 win.

Stoke are in decent nick as well after winning their previous two outings 2-1 against Newcastle and West Bromwich Albion, with Telford on target in both.

Fans are encouraged to attend Wednesday's fixture, with tickets available to purchase on the gate priced at £3 adults and £1 concessions. Season Ticket Holders can attend free of charge.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/march/01/u21s-host-stoke?