watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Aston Villa ready to drop

Started by SP, March 01, 2016, 08:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Already trailing at home to Everton by 2.  A game to look forward to next season, 7,000 Villa fans at the Cottage?

Fulham76

About time they dropped, they're always hanging around the bottom of the league.

Buffalo76

They've been completely hopeless all season. Would be amazed if they manage to get out of this now. They'll take big numbers away next season that's for sure.

Wimbledon_White

Anyone fancy Rudy Gestede as a decent option for us?

I'd rather have him than Smith or Woodrow.

WoodyFFC73

The assumption being that will remain in this division. Last week I thought we probably would. Today, I'm really not so sure, feels more precarious than last season to me. Lets hope we do play Villa next year....

Bill2

Quote from: SP on March 01, 2016, 08:18:46 PM
Already trailing at home to Everton by 2.  A game to look forward to next season, 7,000 Villa fans at the Cottage?
I am not sure I want 7000 away supporters at any match. I think we should limit the away numbers to the minimum.
I know it is throwing money away but when they make more noise than we do it can hardly be good for team moral.

Burt

It doesn't look good for them, does it?

Unlike last time they were relegated, which was within a few seasons of them being European Champions, this has been a bit more predictable...

MikeW

I was at the game last night.  Villa really are truly dreadful.  Mismanagement started with O'Neill leaving according to the fans.  He finished top six twice but when Chairman refused funds to push on he threw a strop & left and downhill ever since.  The worst was Sherwood by all accounts.  Arrogant and clueless.

On what I saw the team Villa put out (last night) would drop straight through our League.  No fight in them, not very robust.

Good job we avoided Sherwood.  Gestad was better than Agbonlahore but he's way off the pace these days.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Club owned by an American. Funny that....
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

SP

Quote from: Bill2 on March 02, 2016, 12:39:27 PM
I am not sure I want 7000 away supporters at any match. I think we should limit the away numbers to the minimum.
I know it is throwing money away but when they make more noise than we do it can hardly be good for team moral.

I agree the sentiment but there'd be an (even biggar) gaping hole in our accounts if the 4,000 away fans didn't arrive most weeks.

MJG

Quote from: Bill2 on March 02, 2016, 12:39:27 PM
Over the season you are talking about maybe 1-2M in gate money from away fans. Might not sound a lot but the difference in paying one/two players a decent wage or not when you break it down.