watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reading Fan Chat – Reading v Fulham

Started by daib0, March 04, 2016, 12:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daib0

As always, it's friendly greetings from daib0, quite a few of you  know me a fair bit by now from Inter-Forum games! When I'm not the neutral 'gamesmaster' guy I'm a Royals fan -  and so I wondered if I could get a bit of chat going once again to report back to the guys and gals on my forum. These are always hugely appreciated as our previous collaborations have always proven, so here goes, a few pointers here but any comments (that are reproducible!) always welcome!:

A] Any useful new incoming talented players this season? Could you mention a few of your hottest talents to inform the RR members?

B] Our own season is a funny tale ... Reading started fairly well, reaching the giddy heights of second in mid-October before embarking on a nasty slump.
Yourselves seem to be on, dare I say, a rather modest season – how do you think it will go from now on then?  Where do you see yourselves finishing – by both your head and heart? I believe relegation shouldn't be a real worry, I believe the bottom three are there on merits ...

C] We Royals  have suffered that slump I've mentioned, and blamed in part for that awkward episiode culminating with the sacking of then manager Steve Clarke in events which connected us –in retrospect how do you view now those supposed Fulham negotiations of our ex-manager?  Anyway, it's a welcome back for Brian McDermott, the man who last got us up to the Premier league and, well,  an FA Cup last 8 for a championship team not firing on all cylinders is not that bad. So from a neutral, any thoughts of the Royals of recent times (reproducible please!), and where do you think we'll go from here?

D] Looking back to our last game – I imagine some Cottagers must have thought "we're down and out" but to give full credit ... what an amazing comeback that was! Surely that has to be up there as your favourite game of the season so far?

E] Looking ahead to this game – even if you're leaving a prediction elsewhere, could you give me just a quick indication of how you see the play going? I would have thought that it would be quite open, anything could happen. If I go for a Reading win it's because our home form is much superior to our away form. But I imagine you'll see it differently?

As always, I promise that any snippets used will be credited by reference to your forum, and the individual member in question. As a mod myself on RR, it's always guaranteed no 'wind ups' on our forum. Our match presentation here laden with info on Fulham and full respect proves that: http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/10421999/1 I've also done a little report singing your praises as the best Forum site for Fulham both for home and away fans ...

In fact, any questions for us in return, just get back and I'll do my best lads ...

Cheers,

daib0 (David), and the team on 'Royals Rendezvous'
A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

WhiteJC

A] Any useful new incoming talented players this season? Could you mention a few of your hottest talents to inform the RR members?

I'd have to say that Madel is the one player who has stood out

B] Our own season is a funny tale ... Reading started fairly well, reaching the giddy heights of second in mid-October before embarking on a nasty slump.
Yourselves seem to be on, dare I say, a rather modest season – how do you think it will go from now on then?  Where do you see yourselves finishing – by both your head and heart? I believe relegation shouldn't be a real worry, I believe the bottom three are there on merits ...

I think most of us have given up on this season and are hoping that next will be far far better

C] We Royals  have suffered that slump I've mentioned, and blamed in part for that awkward episiode culminating with the sacking of then manager Steve Clarke in events which connected us –in retrospect how do you view now those supposed Fulham negotiations of our ex-manager?  Anyway, it's a welcome back for Brian McDermott, the man who last got us up to the Premier league and, well,  an FA Cup last 8 for a championship team not firing on all cylinders is not that bad. So from a neutral, any thoughts of the Royals of recent times (reproducible please!), and where do you think we'll go from here?
Steve Clark proved himself to be an idiot, he had a really good thing going with Reading, I'm guessing pound notes clouded his judgement and we Fulham didn't agree to his expectations he'd kinda burnt his bridges. For the rest of this season I think you're in a slightly better boat than we are, I would imagine most of you are looking forward to a better season next time

D] Looking back to our last game – I imagine some Cottagers must have thought "we're down and out" but to give full credit ... what an amazing comeback that was! Surely that has to be up there as your favourite game of the season so far?
not even close I'm afraid, the QPR games have been the stand out ones

E] Looking ahead to this game – even if you're leaving a prediction elsewhere, could you give me just a quick indication of how you see the play going? I would have thought that it would be quite open, anything could happen. If I go for a Reading win it's because our home form is much superior to our away form. But I imagine you'll see it differently?
it all depends on which Fulham turn up, if we play like we can, the QPR games proved we can? then you are in for a difficult afternoon, if we play like we did last weekend then we'll have the difficult afternoon!

HatterDon

nice to see you back in these environs, Mr. d!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

snarks

I would have to agree that Madl has been one of the better signings this year, certainly since the last game between the teams. Although as per usual Fulham seem to have far better players than the league position would show. Cairney, Hyndman (when and if he players) Dembele as well as the more established players have all shown elements of something special.

Fulham will finish out of the bottom 3, but whether they top last seasons position is one that may not happen. Still next season is always there with it's promised ... I wait to be dashed on the shores hope in ruins come November next season.

I didn't want Steve Clarke, but thought he was foolish to even interview. he was clearly going to sour his position once he did, and then to back out showed very poor judgement. I think both clubs are better without him.

As has been said, not even close, Both QPR games and the first half away at Bristol are my standout performances. The sudden rush of goals against Reading in that game was great, but boy did it show all the Hallmarks of Kit Symonds time at the club, inconsistency. (I should just add I liked Kit, but I'm not so blind I couldn't see his faults)

The team against QPR away and Hull at home (even though Fulham lost) showed a marked improvement, the games against Blackburn away and Middlesborough at home did not. If Fulham give it their all they can be great, if they dial it in oh boy you'll have a relaxed afternoon. (I don't predict - my 100% failure rate makes it not worthwhile)

Southcoastffc

I think that the lack of response to your questions reflects the apathy many fans have re Fulham this season.  We just want the season over and done with in the hope that we get a change in the Summer (some hints that the owner and coach will bring that about.) There is a general feeling that coach Slavisa Jokanovic will do well by us in time and once he has more reliable material to work with.

Andrew Lonergan (keeper) has proved useful, especially as young Marcus Betinelli was injured in the Autumn.  Michael Madl (centre back or defensive midfield) looks a very sound January acquisition. Tom Cairney (midfield) blows a bit hot and cold but when he's hot he sizzles!  McCormack and Dembele are both good bets to score.

B] Our own season is a funny tale ... Reading started fairly well, reaching the giddy heights of second in mid-October before embarking on a nasty slump. Yourselves seem to be on, dare I say, a rather modest season – how do you think it will go from now on then?  Where do you see yourselves finishing – by both your head and heart? I believe relegation shouldn't be a real worry, I believe the bottom three are there on merits ...  

We hope we can just have a very uneventful, safe, end to the season. With12 games to go, we need pick up a few more wins to keep the 7 point gap above the drop zone.  We SHOULD be fine, but we are Fulham.....

What a chump Clarke is!  We clearly dodged a bullet there.   Reading seem (to me at least) to be destined to remain a mid-table Championship team pretty much year in year out., with occasional 'days in the sun' - (good luck in the cup by the way) - a bit like us although if our American owner ever gets to understand, and wants to have success in, soccerball we could be a lower-mid Prem club again.

Favourite game of the season - no way!   Just another ordinary Fulham game. QPR home, QPR away,  Bristol City away to name but 3 .   Bear in mind that we are 2nd top scorers in the Champ (and have  joint 3rd worst defensive record) - that's our season in a nutshell

It very much depends on which Fulham turn up.  We could easily win or lose 3 nil. I think a lot of our fans would really love to see a dour 1 nil away win.  I would, or a nil nil!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

FPT

A] Tom Cairney has been excellent of late, and strong all season really but the appointment of Slavisa Jokanovic has seen Cairney move up a level. Michael Madl looks an excellent addition at centre back; Madl, Dan Burn and Fernando Amorebieta have improved our defence performance wise in a back three. Ross McCormack (four games without a goal) and Moussa Dembele (one in 2016) have been out form recently, though this is as long as Ross has gone without a goal this season – one more surpasses the start of the season where he was anonymous.

B] I think midtable; we've got a nice enough run in fixture wise to finish quite comfortably to finish at proper the lower end of 11th-15th.  Our most difficult opponents are visiting the Cottage (not that it means the same thing in recent years). I'm not worried about relegation; the continuation of some structure, strong performances and seeing potential to improve into next season will be nice.

C] One of my good friends is a Royal, so I keep an eye out. I'm glad we didn't go for Steve Clarke, he made himself look a fool and I think will struggle for a job for a while longer after openly flirting with us.

As for now, I think Reading have some really good footballers, Chris Gunter is one of the best full backs in the division and Ollie Norwood is excellent to name two in particular. What's happened to Matej Vydra at the MadStad though? Hasn't seemed to get going unfortunately for you. I felt Paul McShane and Stephen Quinn were excellent additions from Hull and Yann Kermorgant is a lovely no.9, and although in his dwindling years his style allows him to get even better as he gets older. The core is there for a promotion pushing squad, and I think you'll really be in that conversation in two seasons.

D] It was a great game. But to batter QPR home and away in such a dominant manner was much more fun. Bristol City away was also great fun. That Reading game was certainly memorable though.

E] I think it'll be a good, old school game of football. We'll try to keep hold of the ball and I think Ollie Norwood would lead the Reading team in trying to get it back. Ola John vs. Ryan Fredericks down that side will be a bloody entertaining battle, two of the quickest players in the division. This game will have chances and it may end up in a similar manner to Charlton, though I think we're more professional and better on the ball to hold, for example, a two goal lead if it came. After being poor against Middlesbrough, Jokanovic will have our boys up for it. It'll be entertaining and flowing I'm sure, and I'm looking forward to it.

filham

Fulham should be treating the Reading game with uppermost importance, we lost last time out and next week we a facing another likely defeat when table topping Burnley visit the Cottage, so defeat at Reading could well mean three defeats on the bounce. That situation would not be easy to recover from.

daib0

thanks so much everyone, those are really good and detailed replies - in fact some of the best we have had all season.

Here's to a great and entertaining game of football, whatever the result ...  :047:
A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

Whitesideup

Quote from: daib0 on March 04, 2016, 10:52:10 PM
thanks so much everyone, those are really good and detailed replies - in fact some of the best we have had all season.

Here's to a great and entertaining game of football, whatever the result ...  :047:
Well, may I just add that Reading was one of my favourite games.Yes of course it's great to beat a local rival and make them look like they should be in a division below us, but for me it was the change of fortunes. I thought Reading played really well to go 2 up, and there we are thinking we are deep in the mire when it all changed around. And even after that Reading hardly mustered an attack of any note. I think you were third at the time and we were (still are) really struggling, so it was a very timely burst of form .. and I loved it. This is a tough game for us as you are now back to good form, and as other posters have said, we could get mullered .. or we could do the mullering. We just don't know. We just hope our manager has learnt from the last debacle against Boro.