News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What Must Our Strikers Think Of Our Defence.

Started by Mince n Tatties, March 08, 2016, 09:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chutney

Quote from: MJG on March 10, 2016, 02:36:52 PM
Quote from: Chutney on March 10, 2016, 02:18:53 PM
Time and Time again I've seen McCormack and Dembele look at eachother in disbelief as our defence gift the opposition easy goals. They must hate it!
Re watch the Garbutt foul up at Blackburn for the penalty. I think its Ohara's reaction and its a classic

I noticed that, He looked almost impressed by the stupidity!
C O Y W

nose

Amazing comments as usual
Football being a team game comprises the 11 on the pitch
You attack as a team and defend as a team and that means everybody has to do their job at all tim,es. It is clear the forwards do not support the rest of the team when out of possesion.
It is clear that our forwards, especially one of them, cannot hold the ball, so it comes back too quickly and easilly
It is clear we do not really have a proper defensive holding midfield player, the best we have is baird and it was an error V Burnley not to play him
The centre of our midfield remains too soft
and it is clear our defence is a bit too slow and it was unfortunate madl didn't perform as well as he had on the night

In short it is all of them that are at fault IMO. The squad is not that good, i am astonished people keep saying about the quality we have. we don't, or iof we do it is certainly not balanced across all the positions.

my opinion at the start of the season was that because of what the board did we would finish in the bottom eight and be in a relegation battle, it seemed to me obvious and I unfortunately kept being told how good we were and to expect a push for the play offs.

We have one very good player, if ross were not in the team I think we would already be down, most of the rest are at best ordinary.

FulhamStu

Look at Burnley.  Why do they concede so few, it's because they defend as a team.  When we pushed them Tuesday, they would have7 or 8 back in defence.  We normally have 3'withothers chasing back too late or at walking pace.  Jokanovic has decided that we are poor defensively so has taken the view that attack is the best form of defence.  I am a fan of Joka however so far his attack strategy is not getting the points.  Rotherham on the other hand have just got 6 points v 2 top teams by not conceding a goal.  Could we do that with Cairney. Dembele etc, I doubt it.  We may have better players technically but we lack in other areas like concentration, bottle and agression, I am sure this is why Joka clearly likes Tunnicliffe.

Carborundum

Quote from: FulhamStu on March 10, 2016, 04:22:35 PM
Look at Burnley.  Why do they concede so few, it's because they defend as a team.  When we pushed them Tuesday, they would have7 or 8 back in defence.  We normally have 3'withothers chasing back too late or at walking pace.  Jokanovic has decided that we are poor defensively so has taken the view that attack is the best form of defence.  I am a fan of Joka however so far his attack strategy is not getting the points.  Rotherham on the other hand have just got 6 points v 2 top teams by not conceding a goal.  Could we do that with Cairney. Dembele etc, I doubt it.  We may have better players technically but we lack in other areas like concentration, bottle and agression, I am sure this is why Joka clearly likes Tunnicliffe.
That's an excellent analysis.  If the midfielders are not pulling their weight any back 4 will struggle in the division. 

SP

Think the strikers evened it up a bit today, those 3 chances squandered inside 10 minutes while leading 1-0 in the second half killed us.  As for Garbutt's conversion...

Luka

Can't belive what I'm reading.
Dembele squandered so many opportunities today being offside and then missed a one on one.
He wasted time throwing the ball away when they had a free kick despite us neededing a win and his slow walk off at the end was a waste of valuable time.
The kid was a disgrace!!

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Chutney on March 10, 2016, 02:18:53 PM
Time and Time again I've seen McCormack and Dembele look at eachother in disbelief as our defence gift the opposition easy goals. They must hate it!

Probably they must feel like the defence do about the missed goal chances, the offsides and the failures to hold on to the ball.