News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What Must Our Strikers Think Of Our Defence.

Started by Mince n Tatties, March 08, 2016, 09:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

2nd top scores in League and we are where
we are.
If they scored 6 our USELESS defence would
let in 7..
God I'm depressed..

GrahamG

Horses for courses. Look at Rotherham's form since they appointed a manager who knows this league.

Artful Dodger

Quote from: GrahamG on March 08, 2016, 09:44:50 PM
Horses for courses. Look at Rotherham's form since they appointed a manager who knows this league.
Appointing a new manager isn't a guarantee of improved form.....we should know!!

Mince is right though....another 4 goals in 2 games and we manage a single point - must drive the forwards mad as it certainly drives me mad!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 08, 2016, 09:42:08 PM
we are.
let in 7..
God I'm depressed..
How come it took you so long to join my state of mind?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: davew on March 08, 2016, 10:08:01 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 08, 2016, 09:42:08 PM
we are.
let in 7..
God I'm depressed..
How come it took you so long to join my state of mind?

My friend said to me the other day,it must be awful
having a surname like Depressant
I said I can live with it,It's far worse for my Auntie..

domprague

Too true.
If we had a decent defence we'd be promoted. Without Ross and Moussa, we'd be bottom.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Artful Dodger on March 08, 2016, 10:03:36 PM
Quote from: GrahamG on March 08, 2016, 09:44:50 PM
Appointing a new manager isn't a guarantee of improved form.....we should know!!

Mince is right though....another 4 goals in 2 games and we manage a single point - must drive the forwards mad as it certainly drives me mad!

Appointing a new manager ? Well that depends on the manager. Rotherhams new manager knows English football like the back of his hand, been there and done it, for a long time, a real football man that divides opinion but gets results because of his knowledge and experience. Fulham go abroad and are still waiting for a change of fortune, I wonder why.   .
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Domino1879

Our strikers need to understand that they are the first line of our defense.

filham

Our strikers must think "wish we could play a team with a defence like ours every week"

..FOF..

Quote from: Domino1879 on March 09, 2016, 10:20:44 PM
Our strikers need to understand that they are the first line of our defense.

I agree.

Joka still needs time to change the mindset of the whole team.

A few goals against us have a clear cut mistakes from our midfield players.

If we were to analyse more in-depth, some goals might be attributed to mistakes by our attacking players during opposition's set pieces.

I'm afraid that time when the mental aspect can be fixed won't come anytime sooner this season.

I am expecting a huge overhaul of players next season if Khan still have the money and we are not relegated.

ffc73

That they must work as hard as Nugent at Boro or Vokes and Gray at Burnley to press opposition defenders and mid fielders and so be part of a team unit defending from the front

Our forwards did it for 45 minutes on Tuesday night but the top top strikers do it for 46 games

alfie

I read a comment on here the other day saying basically How can Rotheram be better than us when we have better players, but do we i ask, i have seen this type of comment a few times, but why because we are Fulham we assume that our players are better than others teams.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

win-dup

McCormack threw his hands in the air when Burnley got their free header for their first goal - says it all really. No wonder he wants to leave.

MJG

Come on most of us will have played in teams and seen players do things and think (Or shout) WTF are you doing. I suspect that's pretty much what our guys do sometimes.

hovewhite

have we got better players than rotheram maybe we haven't with the exception of mousa and ross,im beginning to wonder!!!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: win-dup on March 10, 2016, 12:12:12 PM
McCormack threw his hands in the air when Burnley got their free header for their first goal - says it all really. No wonder he wants to leave.

And when did he say he wants to leave.

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 10, 2016, 01:38:47 PM
Quote from: win-dup on March 10, 2016, 12:12:12 PM

And when did he say he wants to leave.
Publicly never, in house....well

Sgt Fulham

Rotherham looked like a Sunday league team both times we played them. They're a bit like the Sunderland of the Championship really. While I dont want to trash them it must be said they were battered by Boro, who hit the post and crossbar multiple times and somehow won. I sometimes find myaelf asking where our luck is!

Chutney

Time and Time again I've seen McCormack and Dembele look at eachother in disbelief as our defence gift the opposition easy goals. They must hate it!
C O Y W

MJG

Quote from: Chutney on March 10, 2016, 02:18:53 PM
Time and Time again I've seen McCormack and Dembele look at eachother in disbelief as our defence gift the opposition easy goals. They must hate it!
Re watch the Garbutt foul up at Blackburn for the penalty. I think its Ohara's reaction and its a classic