watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jokanovic

Started by mike_corkcity12, March 05, 2016, 06:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwian

How can we play so well, and still lose, I know, it's the penalty decision but I thought it was one of our best performances all season
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Have you seen our squad?

There answers your question.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Chutney

When Kit Symons was here, we blamed the manager for the results, and claimed we had a good enough squad for the play offs.

Now with Jokanovic, we blame the squad for the results, and claim that the manager is good enough for the play offs.

Perhaps the squad was to blame all along?

It must be said that in hindsight, if we are being fair, Symons was doing a cracking job with the exact same players available to SJ.
C O Y W

ffccaz

Have every confidence in Jokanovic - even watching him animated on the touch line is refreshing. We can't deny the football has improved roll on the summer transfer window.

Frackleheath

Jokanovic has to be given a chance to go through a transfer window in his own right. He came in and inherited the leftovers from previous mis-management and then the transfer embargo was put on the club.
Why does everyone keep mentioning Warburton? Yes, he's probably a decent manager (it's hard to tell with Scottish league football!) , but why would he leave a club with 40,000 at every home game and almost certainly, European football possibilities in a year's time!!!
I'd worry more about the people at the top of our club and not the current management!

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Chutney on March 10, 2016, 09:32:13 AM
When Kit Symons was here, we blamed the manager for the results, and claimed we had a good enough squad for the play offs.

Now with Jokanovic, we blame the squad for the results, and claim that the manager is good enough for the play offs.

Perhaps the squad was to blame all along?

It must be said that in hindsight, if we are being fair, Symons was doing a cracking job with the exact same players available to SJ.

I believe the problem is with the squad and, sadly, that is what did Kit in - in that it was incapable of meeting the benchmark set for him. So, everyone who had a hand in the signing of the players had a hand in his demise. I don't believe Rigg ever wanted Kit to be manager (not saying there was sabotage) but, he had to let the situation play itself out.

Individually, these players are all more than capable and have every right to play in this league and succeed. But, somehow, together, they become less than the sum of the parts more often than more. Perhaps that's all a mentality that's been born out of the last three or so seasons. Perhaps it's just that the partnerships on the field (CB to CB, CM to CM, LM to LB, etc) weren't considered as they should have been during Kit's build out of the squad.

But, the squad has to be rebuilt yet again.

I hope that Jokanovic can do it and I sincerely hope that he gets a long term deal with the club. It's time to stick with one man to try and build something.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude