News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Doom & Gloom - but did anyone really have us down to take points last night?

Started by Robbie, March 09, 2016, 02:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Sorry to say, I didn't.
Bristol, MK, Preston, Cardiff, Brentford .. will determine our fate.

WoodyFFC73

The Baron of Ward

I'm a new member as the Fulham messageboard has been swamped. I also live in Australia but have been a FFC supporter for 40 years (lived in UK and a season ticket holder many years and flew back toooo many times!)

My gripe is the supporters that hated Symons. Now I agree he was not the greatest manger had a lack of experience bit for Christ sake we were 11th in the table when he got sacked. See what has happened. I know the new manager comes highly regarded and yes we have been close but with Kit we were still scoring loads and poo at the back. We were poo but 11th. Now look at the mess we are in.

I almost want us to go down and star again (I dont but you get my drift). I will tell you all with certainty we will lose Dembele and maybe Mac (extended contact so more money for us). These two guys gel together, A better defence we would be in the play offs. Will we buy good replacements!! Look at our record. We may stay up but next season is not looking all that good if those two guys go.

And another thing. I liked Pringle . he goes to Ipswich and hes doing great. And Smith ... well frankly I feel sorry for the lad he never got a chance.

Abuse on my post expected and welcome if constructive COYW> Oh yes I see every game live with my cheeky media box but have to get up at 4AM!!

jarv

I, optimistically, had us down for a point. Especially when we went 2-1 up.... fp.gif

Kent Cassandra

No I didn't and I am pleased to say that there is not a lot of doom and gloom on here today.  Other than the result a very enjoyable game of football.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: The Baron of Ward on March 09, 2016, 03:31:17 PM
I'm a new member as the Fulham messageboard has been swamped. I also live in Australia but have been a FFC supporter for 40 years (lived in UK and a season ticket holder many years and flew back toooo many times!)

My gripe is the supporters that hated Symons. Now I agree he was not the greatest manger had a lack of experience bit for Christ sake we were 11th in the table when he got sacked. See what has happened. I know the new manager comes highly regarded and yes we have been close but with Kit we were still scoring loads and poo at the back. We were poo but 11th. Now look at the mess we are in.

I almost want us to go down and star again (I dont but you get my drift). I will tell you all with certainty we will lose Dembele and maybe Mac (extended contact so more money for us). These two guys gel together, A better defence we would be in the play offs. Will we buy good replacements!! Look at our record. We may stay up but next season is not looking all that good if those two guys go.

And another thing. I liked Pringle . he goes to Ipswich and hes doing great. And Smith ... well frankly I feel sorry for the lad he never got a chance.

Abuse on my post expected and welcome if constructive COYW> Oh yes I see every game live with my cheeky media box but have to get up at 4AM!!

Who hated Symons? People liked Symons but many thought that he would not be the answer in the long term.

Anyway, whatever our views, it was not in the power of the supporters to sack him.

We may have been 11th under Symons but nobody can know where we would be now of he was still in charge.

The interrim between the sacking of Symons and the arrival of Jokanovic with the uncertainty and various coaches set us back.

"I almost want us to go down and start again"? Just writing that down destroys your credibility.

Neither Pringle and Smith have not yet had any particularly good performances for us. It is easy to say give them a chance but you neglect to say who would they replace. MCCormack? Dembele? Cairney? They have all had some fairly ordinary performances but do you really believe either Pringle or Smith have done anything so far to take their place?

Burt

Being glass half full, I had us down for a narrow win...

A combination of the team being up for it (which they were), and Burnley not playing well of late (even though they have still ground out wins).

Unfortunately it was the "ground out wins" bit that let me down... A moral victory, even if it was pointless!

filham

Quote from: The Baron of Ward on March 09, 2016, 03:31:17 PM

No didn't really expect a win against Burnley but had hopes for a draw, However fully expected Rotherham to lose to Hull and that is the result that has highlighted the fact that we are now in a relegation fight

Pringle had 13 starts before Christmas and did little to show that he was worth a place in the team.

A defeat on Saturday and I will be seriously wondering if the club were right to sack Kit at that stage.

We are all waiting for Jocanovic to produce results, we thought the win at QPR was an upturn in form but that proved to be a false dawn.

ROKERITE

I did, but defeat hasn't plunged me into doom and gloom. Your darkest hour has passed. I always believed Symons was a bad appointment, I think Jokanovic is a good one. I think you'll stay up this season and be near the other end of the table next.
Mind, I'll be disappointed if you don't have a good win against Bristol City. I think their managerial change was a much more dubious one.

GrahamG

I think the tone of this thread says everything about our current plight. Nobody associated with the club expects to get anything out of any match against a top-half team. It has been like that for three seasons and basically means we have to do brilliantly against the teams in our half of the division. In the prem we got the odd win against Man U and Arsenal but now we say - "what can you expect against Burnley, Middlesbrough, Sheff Wed, Hull, Derby, Brighton, Birmingham etc"? This might be realistic but what a load of defeatist and self-fulfilling doom. (btw - at a quick count we have 2 points from 12 games against the teams I listed!)

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: GrahamG on March 09, 2016, 09:57:13 PM
I think the tone of this thread says everything about our current plight. Nobody associated with the club expects to get anything out of any match against a top-half team. It has been like that for three seasons and basically means we have to do brilliantly against the teams in our half of the division. In the prem we got the odd win against Man U and Arsenal but now we say - "what can you expect against Burnley, Middlesbrough, Sheff Wed, Hull, Derby, Brighton, Birmingham etc"? This might be realistic but what a load of defeatist and self-fulfilling doom. (btw - at a quick count we have 2 points from 12 games against the teams I listed!)

Few will have expected a win against Burnley. That is only common sense given the respective current forms of the two teams and their attacking and defensive records.

It is just realism.

That doesn't mean that we, the fans, or the team thought that they could not get the win, especially after we came back to take the lead.

ron

Quote from: Burt on March 09, 2016, 05:06:25 PM
Being glass half full, I had us down for a narrow win...

A combination of the team being up for it (which they were), and Burnley not playing well of late (even though they have still ground out wins).

Unfortunately it was the "ground out wins" bit that let me down... A moral victory, even if it was pointless!

Sadly, moral victories are generally pointless in both senses.....

Southdowns White

One of my Customers is a Burnley season ticket holder, he was there on Tuesday with about 10 friends and they all thought we were one of the better teams they have played this season, Garbutt and Dembele in the first half really impressed them, they were not impressed with our defence but pleased about our weakness as it helped them gain another 3 points. I was also asked about Fredricks positioning in our team as they thought he was dangerous going forward but looked slightly lost when defending at times and what is his personal favoured position, does anyone know the answer to this.

ROKERITE

Quote from: ROKERITE on March 09, 2016, 06:29:16 PM
I did, but defeat hasn't plunged me into doom and gloom. Your darkest hour has passed. I always believed Symons was a bad appointment, I think Jokanovic is a good one. I think you'll stay up this season and be near the other end of the table next.
Mind, I'll be disappointed if you don't have a good win against Bristol City. I think their managerial change was a much more dubious one.

Now that has brought on the doom and gloom. I was sure you'd thrash Bristol City and your failure to win has cost me a considerable amount of money. I still think you'll pull clear but that was a shockingly bad result.