News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Temporary new manager while Jokanvoic takes a back seat until summer?

Started by Plodder, March 12, 2016, 06:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plodder

Is there a case now (without dispensing with Jokanovic) for bringing in a Pearson/Warnock type manager on a nine game contract, and telling Jokanovic to take a back seat until the summer, when he can build his own squad/team? I am reluctant to suggest this, as we have had a plethora of managers and coaches, but it might be the way to save us from an ignominious relegation. I don't see Jokanovic as a "scrapper" who can instil the necessary bite.

Jims Dentist

Joka,s possession game is costing us.
The opposition just get numbers behind the ball, let us pass it all over the pitch, apart from the danger zone, then when we inevitably lose the ball just pick us of on the counter.
He will not change these tactics until the games are all but lost.
Other teams fear us more when we eventually bring on Smith and play more direct.

fulhamben

Quote from: Jims Dentist on March 12, 2016, 06:33:46 PM
The opposition just get numbers behind the ball, let us pass it all over the pitch, apart from the danger zone, then when we inevitably lose the ball just pick us of on the counter.
Other teams fear us more when we eventually bring on Smith and play more direct.
what team fears that? Zero goals and zero points gained in a game in which Smith came off the bench. In theory it should work, whilst in the real world it hasn't, not once
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on March 12, 2016, 06:35:37 PM
Quote from: Jims Dentist on March 12, 2016, 06:33:46 PM
what team fears that? Zero goals and zero points gained in a game in which Smith came off the bench. In theory it should work, whilst in the real world it hasn't, not once

Doesn't work like that as I've said on a other post.
He might have come on and scored 3 you will never know.
Of course he wouldn't have,so try something else and stop
putting him on the Bench if all he is going to get is 5 min.
Losing faith in this guy,he only had Watford playing one way.
Can he actually change things to win a game,is he up for
a Relegation scrap..I fear for us..

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Plodder on March 12, 2016, 06:18:47 PM
Is there a case now (without dispensing with Jokanovic) for bringing in a Pearson/Warnock type manager on a nine game contract, and telling Jokanovic to take a back seat until the summer, when he can build his own squad/team? I am reluctant to suggest this, as we have had a plethora of managers and coaches, but it might be the way to save us from an ignominious relegation. I don't see Jokanovic as a "scrapper" who can instil the necessary bite.

Whilst your suggestion makes a strange sort of unconventional sense, what you're actually suggesting is tantamount to a vote of no confidence in Jokanovic.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 12, 2016, 08:47:32 PM
The real answer is to bring in a Pearson or a Warnock, because that's the type of Manager this club is crying out for, but don't know it. Then show Jok the door and say unfortunately it is not working, but thanks for your efforts and here is a cheque to soften the blow. Otherwise this time next season will be staring down the relegation barrel again.
You can't be serious what to Division 2, no I can't accept that!!! We are FFC and have a divine right to expect to be at the top (not really) but thanks to MAF we enjoyed quite a few years there!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Baszab

Stupid topic agreed - why bother taking SJ back in the summer ?
He's no bloody good now

Plodder

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on March 12, 2016, 09:56:53 PM
What a stupid topic!

Why is it a stupid topic?

Presumably Khan et al saw Jokanovic as the manager best suited to building over a long term a team capable of challengign for a return to the top flight.  This may involve a different set of managerial skills from galvanising a struggling team for a limited period to stave off relegation.  If the latter can be achieved, it buys time for Jokanovic to build his squad and playing style in the summer.

It is just a thought based on our recent performances, and anyone is welcome to disagree, but it is not a "stupid" idea.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Plodder on March 12, 2016, 10:30:32 PM
What a stupid topic!

I don't want to be rude but you can't be serious putting forward such a bonkers proposal.  So Mr Jokanovic will pull out the deck chair and take a powder until next season?

After witnessing today's shambles I cant raise the effort to explain anymore, sorry.

Plodder

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on March 12, 2016, 10:52:39 PM
What a stupid topic!

I don't want to be rude but you can't be serious putting forward such a bonkers proposal.  So Mr Jokanovic will pull out the deck chair and take a powder until next season?

After witnessing today's shambles I cant raise the effort to explain anymore, sorry.

It's an idea worthy of consideration, for reasons I have set out.  There are counter arguments which can be made.  That is why they call these "discussion" boards.  If you really think an idea is "stupid" or "bonkers", please have the courtesy to take the time to explain why, or refrain from commenting.  Otherwise we can all just spend the time calling each other "stupid" without the incovenience of discussing things.

J

Quote from: Plodder on March 12, 2016, 11:13:46 PM
What a stupid topic!

It's an idea worthy of consideration, for reasons I have set out.  There are counter arguments which can be made.  That is why they call these "discussion" boards.  If you really think an idea is "stupid" or "bonkers", please have the courtesy to take the time to explain why, or refrain from commenting.  Otherwise we can all just spend the time calling each other "stupid" without the incovenience of discussing things.

It is literally the least workable idea ever

Plodder

Quote from: J on March 12, 2016, 11:22:42 PM
What a stupid topic!

No, it is not "literally the least workable idea ever".  You (indeed I) might think it is unlikely that Jokanovic would agree to it; but that doesn't mean the idea itself is unworkable.

nose

Quote from: Baszab on March 12, 2016, 10:02:07 PM
Stupid topic agreed - why bother taking SJ back in the summer ?
He's no bloody good now

unfortunately the squad your man assembled is shambolic. we have a grossly unballanced poor set of players... the manager is going to be brilliant, but needs a complete new set of players...sorry. why we had such a rotten set and purchased such second raters in summer is beyond me, maybe you can answer that I certainly cannot but joca is very good, the players were totally at fault today, garbut shooting over at 1 0, giving the ball away for theequaliser the terminally hopelss but overated dembele, usless more or less start to finish, one on one with the golakeeper and failed to even get any sort of shot away. cairney? looks like he hasn'tr heard of the word effort or the expression first touch. the overated captain, never managing a simple first time pass, shall i go on?

When the manager is reduced to bringing back amore, you know things are bad!

but joca is certainly not the problem, the problem started long before. i have said since summer come march we will be in a relegation scrap, it was obvious, we are. if kit would have been here we would have had a similar number of points, probably less. any manager? we have a vastly unbalanced squad, it is hopeless. if you want the real villian of the poeace it is the owner, nice bloke, but not a clue, we have gone backwards very fast since his arrival, he appoints good PR people but the ceo and mike rigg should have been long gone, they couldn't even manage to sell ruiz properly.

however i am totally confident that we will be promoted next season if we keep joca, but i am not quite sure form what division!

Plodder

EJL

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 12, 2016, 06:46:51 PM
Losing faith in this guy,he only had Watford playing one way.

This is just plain wrong. Ask any Watford fan and they'll rave about his ability to change systems and make good subs. Why it hasn't happened here, who knows? He's changed a game once with his halftime switch-up when he brought on Baird against Charlton and went to a back-three. Perhaps he doesn't have the pool of players to choose from?

J

Quote from: Plodder on March 12, 2016, 11:33:40 PM
Quote from: J on March 12, 2016, 11:22:42 PM
What a stupid topic!

No, it is not "literally the least workable idea ever".  You (indeed I) might think it is unlikely that Jokanovic would agree to it; but that doesn't mean the idea itself is unworkable.

Let's be honest, he definitely wouldn't agree to it would he? He would leave and not come back. So whether you mean it or not you are basically suggesting we consider sacking him

love4ffc

This thread is being locked due members being inconsiderate towards other members.  Yes the club is in a shamble but that doesn't need to carry over to the forum. 

Telling people that their topics are stupid, that they are stupid or as on another thread idiots will not be tolerated. 

The Mod Squad
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?