News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I cannot accept it is not Khan's full responsibility.

Started by Reznor, March 13, 2016, 06:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reznor

I keep reading on here people defending Khan and I just do not get it. I don't know if it's the fact that some people have this weird respect for someone just because they are super wealthy as you do get these people in life. In most things in life and especially in business the buck has to stop at the top. If I bought a tv(Macintosh) and a Playstation 4(Rigg) into my house and they continuely did not work my children would rightly complain to me. I would not turn around to them and say 'Hey, I bought these in to do a job, I'm not changing them even though they are failing, you'll have to live with it'. Unless I was some sort of idiot I would replace the tv and Playstation with ones that do the job they were supposed to do. I know this is a strange comparison but it's early and I'm tired and have woken up with Fulham's demise under Khan on my mind. It is the same in my work. If somebody is contstantly failing in their role they are eventually removed and a replacement is brought in. I cannot go along with the Khan apologists who even sound sympathetic to him. It is he who employs the chancer Rigg and if Khan cannot see the destruction he is bringing to this historic club then he is just as much, if not more responsible. Khan is a corporate business man and sees you and me as customers and in modern football this is what we are. I choose to behave like a customer now so if the product I'm being spoon fed is awful I choose not to keep paying for it. I sometimes find myself thinking that our demise under Khan has been so speedy that it must be deliberate but I really can't see what his end game would be if this were the case so I convince myself that he's probably just useless. I have believed for well over a year now that nothing good will come of Mr Khan's ownership and in my mind I just hope he decides to sell up at some point soon. If we are relegated I fully expect more of the same next season with the same conversations  going on here with people still convinced it's not Khan's fault. When will some realise the fault lays with him, when we eventually drop out of league football altogether?

Oakeshott

Reznor

It is clearly mainly Khan's fault - he owns the club and he takes all the main decisions (including from whom to take advice). But consider this.

After a lengthy period when the club was directionless, he appointed S, an appointment more or less universally welcomed as the guy had led the transformation of another Championship club we would normally (and reasonably) have thought of as a smaller outfit than us. So. unlike his previous three substantive appointments - Rene, Magath and Kit - he appointed someone with successful directly relevant experience.

Give S a few games to get to know the players/ strengths and weaknesses and it was reasonable to expect improvement, and at times that improvement seemed to be there - with the team looking more a unit and more purposeful than it usually had under Kit. But after the high point of the destruction of QPR, there have been too many gutless performances whether whole games (Blackburn) or halves (such as yesterday's second half). That should not be happening. We can lose points for numerous reasons that are acceptable and incur no blame to anyone - such as those lost at Leeds. But when a team folds as tamely as we did yesterday, the blame in my view cannot fairly be put at Khan's door (or indeed Rigg's) but stays fairly and squarely with the head coach.

Yes, S has only the players he has, and no doubt if we stay up we won't see several in Fulham shirts next season. Yes, he has little chance to strengthen the squad in January due to the embargo. But despite the signs of apparent improvement, objectively his results, even allowing for the first few matches as "getting to know" the squad, have been no better, and probably worse, than the hapless Kit was getting. After the match yesterday S called for the team to man up. Actually it is he who has to man up and show us that he is worthy of his reputation. He needs to instill more discipline into the defence, make it clear that he will not tolerate repeated individual errors (if, for example, Amorebieta gives away one more stupid penalty or free kick he should NOT play again), and not tolerate lack of effort (Dembele has scored plenty but too often coasts, knowing he has nothing to lose - both Cauley (admittedly unavailable in recent weeks) and Matt give commitment).

It may be that Khan will prove to have appointed another lemon in S. But this time at least he did so when he was entitled to expect he had made a good appointment and I for one can't blame him for this appointment. So while he, Khan, takes the blame for taking us from the Premiership to the lower depths of the Championship, should we be relegated this season I see that as down to S, not Khan (Rigg or Mac), and I don't see him (Khan) as having any sane option but to let S get on with his job and (like the rest of us) hope he comes good.

Reznor

Quote from: Oakeshott on March 13, 2016, 07:02:30 AM
Reznor

It is clearly mainly Khan's fault - he owns the club and he takes all the main decisions (including from whom to take advice). But consider this.

After a lengthy period when the club was directionless, he appointed S, an appointment more or less universally welcomed as the guy had led the transformation of another Championship club we would normally (and reasonably) have thought of as a smaller outfit than us. So. unlike his previous three substantive appointments - Rene, Magath and Kit - he appointed someone with successful directly relevant experience.

Give S a few games to get to know the players/ strengths and weaknesses and it was reasonable to expect improvement, and at times that improvement seemed to be there - with the team looking more a unit and more purposeful than it usually had under Kit. But after the high point of the destruction of QPR, there have been too many gutless performances whether whole games (Blackburn) or halves (such as yesterday's second half). That should not be happening. We can lose points for numerous reasons that are acceptable and incur no blame to anyone - such as those lost at Leeds. But when a team folds as tamely as we did yesterday, the blame in my view cannot fairly be put at Khan's door (or indeed Rigg's) but stays fairly and squarely with the head coach.

Yes, S has only the players he has, and no doubt if we stay up we won't see several in Fulham shirts next season. Yes, he has little chance to strengthen the squad in January due to the embargo. But despite the signs of apparent improvement, objectively his results, even allowing for the first few matches as "getting to know" the squad, have been no better, and probably worse, than the hapless Kit was getting. After the match yesterday S called for the team to man up. Actually it is he who has to man up and show us that he is worthy of his reputation. He needs to instill more discipline into the defence, make it clear that he will not tolerate repeated individual errors (if, for example, Amorebieta gives away one more stupid penalty or free kick he should NOT play again), and not tolerate lack of effort (Dembele has scored plenty but too often coasts, knowing he has nothing to lose - both Cauley (admittedly unavailable in recent weeks) and Matt give commitment).

It may be that Khan will prove to have appointed another lemon in S. But this time at least he did so when he was entitled to expect he had made a good appointment and I for one can't blame him for this appointment. So while he, Khan, takes the blame for taking us from the Premiership to the lower depths of the Championship, should we be relegated this season I see that as down to S, not Khan (Rigg or Mac), and I don't see him (Khan) as having any sane option but to let S get on with his job and (like the rest of us) hope he comes good.

I think Jokanovic is a good manager and am not wanting his removal. He is working under an awful regime. I personally believe Guardiola couldn't manage our team at the moment with figures like Rigg pulling the strings at the club.

Oakeshott

Where is the evidence that Rigg, and not S, has any influence on team selection, pre match planning or mid-match adjustments? Those are down squarely to S and his personally appointed assistants.

Reznor

Quote from: Oakeshott on March 13, 2016, 07:22:58 AM
Where is the evidence that Rigg, and not S, has any influence on team selection, pre match planning or mid-match adjustments? Those are down squarely to S and his personally appointed assistants.

I'm a of the belief that an atmosphere of failure can take a grip of a football/club or business. Surely you have worked somewhere in your life at some stage where under certain ownership everything seems to fail and no matter what some individuals do nothing lifts the gloom. Of course Jokanovic is making errors but as I've already said, in my own opinion there is a stench over Fulham Football Club at the moment and it is emonating from the very top of the club. I feel we've gone way passed talking about the if's and but's about a manager's performance now. How many more managers do people need to fail before the penny drops that the problems lay elsewhere. Look at Manchester Utd now. They have much hated owners at the moment and their management merry-go-round will be in full swing again in the summer.

Oakeshott

"Surely you have worked somewhere in your life at some stage where under certain ownership everything seems to fail and no matter what some individuals do"

Obviously the person at the top sets the tone, for better or worse. But my experience of organisations is that even when that person seems to be a negative influence most folk down the hierarchy get on with their jobs and deliver satisfactory results.

I have, for example, been a customer of Barclays Bank for over 50 years and in that time have seen the apparent focus of the bank shift from domestic banking to merchant banking and back, with various CEOs coming and going with their reputations enhanced or diminished. But I've always had good service at the levels with whom I've inter-acted (otherwise I'd have changed banks). The NHS, within which I've had much more intimate experience as an employee and an employee of the Department of Health, has also had a succession of more or less competent heads (whether ministers or bureaucrats) but I've never found any correlation between my perception of the capabilities of the man or woman at the top and the services my family and I have received as patients/relations of patients.

It is too simplistic to put everything down as Khan's responsibility - though certainly much of it is.

Reznor

Quote from: Oakeshott on March 13, 2016, 08:27:26 AM
"Surely you have worked somewhere in your life at some stage where under certain ownership everything seems to fail and no matter what some individuals do"

Obviously the person at the top sets the tone, for better or worse. But my experience of organisations is that even when that person seems to be a negative influence most folk down the hierarchy get on with their jobs and deliver satisfactory results.

I have, for example, been a customer of Barclays Bank for over 50 years and in that time have seen the apparent focus of the bank shift from domestic banking to merchant banking and back, with various CEOs coming and going with their reputations enhanced or diminished. But I've always had good service at the levels with whom I've inter-acted (otherwise I'd have changed banks). The NHS, within which I've had much more intimate experience as an employee and an employee of the Department of Health, has also had a succession of more or less competent heads (whether ministers or bureaucrats) but I've never found any correlation between my perception of the capabilities of the man or woman at the top and the services my family and I have received as patients/relations of patients.

It is too simplistic to put everything down as Khan's responsibility - though certainly much of it is.
[/quot

The NHS is isn't a great example to use as we all know the individual care we get is often excellent but when you look at the bigger picture things are failing. The care I normally recieve from my GP is usually excellent but over the lsst 2 years my average waiting time for an appointment has gone to nearer 2 weeks than the 2 days it used to be. Anyway, we are going off on a tangent now, lol. Plus Fulham is important to me but obviously not on a par with the health care of us as a society.

Reznor

Saying that,Fulham FC may cause me some stress related illnesses soon that the NHS may have to be involved with. Lol.

Wimbledon_White

Sack Ali Mac?

Are you not happy with the standard of commercial contracts the club has generated? Is the planned developments of the Motspur not to your liking? Would you prefer a different main contractor or something?

It's just he doesn't have any responsibility over footballing matters anymore; he is purely business side.

grandad

Our problems go back further than the perion of Khan´s tenure.
When MAF was in full flow he said that the Fayad dynasty would last for ever, that he would pass control to his sons, that Fulham was in his blood.
Why then did he decide to sell after our historic 2010 Europa Cup season?. At the time we had a squad that needed massive investment. Very little was spent. We just relied on loanees & out of contract players.
Why did MAF invest millions in getting us to the Premiership & then on a whim  cast us aside leaving us bereft of a squad capable of keeping our status?
It is not as if he needed to get his money back, which he did, for his retirement. He could have found a younger person to take over control whilst still being part of his beloved Fulham.
Khan was found but it is obvious he was not fully briefed about our prospects & the effects of FFP regulations.We will never know how Khan was found & who duped him. I truly feel sorry for him.
I can´t see Khan being able to sell on the club without losing a fortune so he will have to tough it out. He needs to bring on to the board people who know the English game. Slavisa has to be convinced that the squad will be rebuilt whether we remain in the division or get relegated.
It is senseless shouting "Khan Out". Who on earth would buy the club & make the necessary investment in a new squad? Do we really want an owner such as Tan, Venkey or other undesirables.
It is going to be a hard tough ride but one I will still be going along with no matter where we end up.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Reznor

Quote from: grandad on March 13, 2016, 09:38:40 AM
When MAF was in full flow he said that the Fayad dynasty would last for ever, that he would pass control to his sons, that Fulham was in his blood.
Why then did he decide to sell after our historic 2010 Europa Cup season?. At the time we had a squad that needed massive investment. Very little was spent. We just relied on loanees & out of contract players.
Why did MAF invest millions in getting us to the Premiership & then on a whim  cast us aside leaving us bereft of a squad capable of keeping our status?
It is not as if he needed to get his money back, which he did, for his retirement. He could have found a younger person to take over control whilst still being part of his beloved Fulham.
Khan was found but it is obvious he was not fully briefed about our prospects & the effects of FFP regulations.We will never know how Khan was found & who duped him. I truly feel sorry for him.
I can´t see Khan being able to sell on the club without losing a fortune so he will have to tough it out. He needs to bring on to the board people who know the English game. Slavisa has to be convinced that the squad will be rebuilt whether we remain in the division or get relegated.
It is senseless shouting "Khan Out". Who on earth would buy the club & make the necessary investment in a new squad? Do we really want an owner such as Tan, Venkey or other undesirables.
It is going to be a hard tough ride but one I will still be going along with no matter where we end up.

I have no sympathy for Mr Khan. If he spent £200 000 000 on something without full and proper investigation then he's a fool. I, like you and most other long standing supporters will be here long after(health permitting) the dust settles and Mr Khan has sold up.

MJG

one of those far too sensible posts,  agree it's too simple to blame ONE person.

MJG

Quote from: Reznor on March 13, 2016, 09:47:41 AM

I have no sympathy for Mr Khan. If he spent £200 000 000 on something without full and proper investigation then he's a fool. I, like you and most other long standing supporters will be here long after(health permitting) the dust settles and Mr Khan has sold up.
it's been interesting reading bits about the takeover of Liverpool by John Henry and his group.  They watched one game,  that's was their research.  Many owners come into football blind of what it really needs. Even fans make mistakes as owners.

Fulham76

Out of interest, how much should MAF have spent after our Europa league final to satisfy you? This isn't the first time I've read your comments on the subject & each time you seem to put the blame completely on MAF!

After the Europa league season we immediately bought dembele, Senderos, Sidwell, Kaca & some others. 2011 another mixture & young players & experienced ones in Kasami, Riise, Pogrebniak, Ruiz, Dan Burn & again plenty of others, including the hefty salary that Diarra was on, even though he was a free agent.
The next summer he bought Degagha, Richardson, Berbatov & signed others, including Rodellega on a reported £75k a week.

It does look like MAF wanted out, and who can blame him, he was about 80 & is entitled to retire. As for there always being an Al Fayed at the club, well who knows, maybe the kids didn't fancy it. And despite recouping all his money from the sale, he left us debt free & in a much better position than when he took over.

And to suggest that MAF 'duped' a multi billionaire businessman into buying the club is laughable! Seriously, I really did laugh when I read that.

Reznor

Quote from: Fulham76 on March 13, 2016, 10:19:24 AM

Out of interest, how much should MAF have spent after our Europa league final to satisfy you? This isn't the first time I've read your comments on the subject & each time you seem to put the blame completely on MAF!

After the Europa league season we immediately bought dembele, Senderos, Sidwell, Kaca & some others. 2011 another mixture & young players & experienced ones in Kasami, Riise, Pogrebniak, Ruiz, Dan Burn & again plenty of others, including the hefty salary that Diarra was on, even though he was a free agent.
The next summer he bought Degagha, Richardson, Berbatov & signed others, including Rodellega on a reported £75k a week.

It does look like MAF wanted out, and who can blame him, he was about 80 & is entitled to retire. As for there always being an Al Fayed at the club, well who knows, maybe the kids didn't fancy it. And despite recouping all his money from the sale, he left us debt free & in a much better position than when he took over.

And to suggest that MAF 'duped' a multi billionaire businessman into buying the club is laughable! Seriously, I really did laugh when I read that.

+1. I don't get people having it in for Fyad. He left the club debt free and in a far far better state than when he took it over and at the end of the day what more do people want from someone then that. He didn't leave it with a shoddy ground in need of huge investment, oh silly me, that was when he first took over!!