News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SJ quite clearly stated it was a must win game. What now ?

Started by howitis, March 13, 2016, 08:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

wooly,

Until we get a new squad of players we are not going to go on a sustained good run. There is not a manager in the world that can make that happen. What warnock can do is galavinse a workmanlike team but we do not have that, we have a bunch of prima donnas that think they are better than they are.

Even on this MB the fiction written about the so called 'quality' of squad and in particular the bigging up of a few of the players defies belief. I can only draw my own conclusions as to who is saying such nonsense and why.

To remind you, last summer, as we started the season i said we would be in a relegation scrap, and we are. It was as easy to predict as anything I have ever done. The squad is unbalanced and we have a stay away owner that shows no leadership (that has plenty to do with it).

I do like the new manager, but he has been dealt a poor hand with no chance to strengthen in the way roy was able in 2007/8. He will do well, but I am not certain what he can do to turn this round. If Kit would have stayed, we would have been in much the same state, of that I have no doubt.

Lighthouse

I take over as manager on the factory floor. My predecessor was sacked because he didn't manage to consistently have the work force pump out 1000 screws a minute. When I take over, my work force is confused because it took so long for me to be appointed.

However I now have the workforce pumping out 30 screws a minute. But fortunately many people blame the work force and the previous manager.  I am well liked and am untouchable.

Makes no sense to me at all either. Ironically the opposite is true and sacking me wouldn't help but I have to take much of the responsibility of screwing up the screws.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

nose

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 14, 2016, 01:58:04 PM
I take over as manager on the factory floor. My predecessor was sacked because he didn't manage to consistently have the work force pump out 1000 screws a minute. When I take over, my work force is confused because it took so long for me to be appointed.

However I now have the workforce pumping out 30 screws a minute. But fortunately many people blame the work force and the previous manager.  I am well liked and am untouchable.

Makes no sense to me at all either. Ironically the opposite is true and sacking me wouldn't help but I have to take much of the responsibility of screwing up the screws.

Funny but wrong. A better analogy is if you have cancer, the doctor that cures it may appear to be doing nothing or making it worse at first, or in our case he has no scalpel or medicine because the previous surgeon got blunt blades and spent all the money in doing so.

joca has a proven track record and IMO will absolutely come good, even roy had along winless start BUT he had the opportunity to improve the squad. May i remind you we were as good as down twice with roy, once at man city, 2 0 down with our best striker on the bench and at portsmouth we were 15ish minutes from doom when danny popped up.

We had a team that tried then, to many of the current team are not team players, they are posers that we should be well rid of.

ToodlesMcToot

Yep. A 5th manager in the space of a season would surely do wonders.....turn things right 'round. The new manager "bounce" comes from having otherwise capable players being held down by their manager in some way. These players aren't and haven't been held down. They need someone lift them up which can't be done by anyone once the whistle blows.

We don't have "character" players who can lead them, lift them. Right now they are the embodiment of the classic Mike Tyson quote, "Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth." So long as no one punches back, they play like title contenders. The moment someone punches back, the wind goes out of their sails.

What needs to change can't be changed until the season ends.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Tonywa

What I think has been so worrying is that we have dominated the first half of the last three games and have not got a result from any of them. If we can't get results from a winning position, when we are playing well it bodes ill for the next nine games.  Of course I hope we will do it and still think there's enough talent in the squad for us to be considerably higher in the table, but I have rarely been so depressed and angry after a game as I was on Saturday.