News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SJ quite clearly stated it was a must win game. What now ?

Started by howitis, March 13, 2016, 08:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

It's a measure of his relationship with the players that performances and results are just not happening. This really is do or die time and a decision needs to be made quickly. The merry go round of managerial appointments has been embarrassing but alone it is not a reason to stick with SJ.
Results wise he has had no impact whatsoever and this club cannot afford to get relegated. Many on here have referred to the impact Warnock has had and it's valid. That turnaround to even give them a chance of survival has been nothing less than amazing.
The delay in appointing a manager after Kits departure was very damaging and I think it was clear for the players that this was not an appointment that management had wanted from the outset. The appt of Gray as well as defensive coach seems almost laughable now.
I'm not sure that anyone would fancy this job until the end of the season but for me we need to do something decisively for a change.

J.Perkins

Quote from: howitis on March 13, 2016, 08:40:13 AM
It's a measure of his relationship with the players that performances and results are just not happening. This really is do or die time and a decision needs to be made quickly. The merry go round of managerial appointments has been embarrassing but alone it is not a reason to stick with SJ.
Results wise he has had no impact whatsoever and this club cannot afford to get relegated. Many on here have referred to the impact Warnock has had and it's valid. That turnaround to even give them a chance of survival has been nothing less than amazing.
The delay in appointing a manager after Kits departure was very damaging and I think it was clear for the players that this was not an appointment that management had wanted from the outset. The appt of Gray as well as defensive coach seems almost laughable now.
I'm not sure that anyone would fancy this job until the end of the season but for me we need to do something decisively for a change.

If we sack SJ now, it will be the most ludicrous decision from the club in my tenure of supporting them.

He is trying to mould this bunch of spineless twats into a side that can compete. The side has proven it can compete against all levels of teams, it's just the players themselves can't see it out.

We lost a lot of games from long shots, panicky defending and by missing a load of easy chances. SJ is doing his job fine, the players are accountable.

Snibbo

Quote from: J.Perkins on March 13, 2016, 08:59:33 AM
SJ is doing his job fine
I don't see any solid evidence of this i.e. we keep on bloody losing

Fulham 442

Quote from: Snibbo on March 13, 2016, 09:02:29 AM
SJ is doing his job fine
I don't see any solid evidence of this i.e. we keep on bloody losing

If we sack SJ now, it will be the most ludicrous decision from the club in my tenure of supporting them.

He is trying to mould this bunch of spineless twats into a side that can compete. The side has proven it can compete against all levels of teams, it's just the players themselves can't see it out.

We lost a lot of games from long shots, panicky defending and by missing a load of easy chances. SJ is doing his job fine, the players are accountable.

Agree completely.

ROKERITE

I agree. Jokanovic has only been at Fulham three months. If the players are underachieving or if as some are suggesting "he's lost the dressing-room" it suggests something deeply wrong at the club, rather than a manager who took Watford into The Premier League less than a year ago doesn't know what he's doing.

Wimbledon_White

Didn't he have a shed load of Udinese players on loan at Watford?

H4usuallysitting

The most recent ludicrous decision was waiting around 10 weeks to employ him......who runs a club (or any business) that hasn't lined up a replacement....the most recent was Newcastle they waited about a minute before replacing Mr Ego.......yes i do blame the manager/coach as he sets the team up and apparently picks the players - but collectively the club is a total mess

MJG

I've seet plenty of fulham managers lose the dressing room. That's not what I'm seeing here. It's a combination of factors but that's not one of them.

Chutney

SJ made shocking decisions yesterday and sat watching us for 70 mins. He needs to improve.
C O Y W

MJG

Quote from: Chutney on March 13, 2016, 03:33:40 PM
SJ made shocking decisions yesterday and sat watching us for 70 mins. He needs to improve.
he wasn't sat down at all. Why say that when it's clearly false

J.Perkins

He was on his feet all game commanding the players. He had no realistic impact subs to make, and it wasn't the tactics that were wrong. It was the players.

Lighthouse

Quote from: J.Perkins on March 13, 2016, 05:17:45 PM

He was on his feet all game commanding the players. He had no realistic impact subs to make, and it wasn't the tactics that were wrong. It was the players.

So who is responsible for the good first half?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

J.Perkins

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 13, 2016, 05:18:56 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on March 13, 2016, 05:17:45 PM

So who is responsible for the good first half?

The players were good in the 1st half. They were far from it in the 2nd. With no pressure, they're fine. Against the wall, hopeless.

nose

what now was the question

the answer is we need to win the next game

Wearethewhites

What now? Well, he needs to start winning games, starting at Birmingham.

Bill2

Quote from: Wearethewhites on March 13, 2016, 05:24:14 PM
What now? Well, he needs to start winning games, starting at Birmingham.
I suppose that this is stating the obvious, but it is spot on. A win on Saturday will do the confidence no end of good, but don't expect Birmingham to roll over, they still smell a play off place.

We have the players, need to convert the chances which we have had numerous ones and I mean good chances where on other days you would expect to score and the midfield need to work even harder for the full 90.

Jims Dentist

Apart from the influential Parker only being able to do70 mins, the substitutions yesterday didn't help one jot.
This is in contrast to Bristol City' half time changes.

Burt

You have got to believe we are still in with a shout.

Yes, I was disappointed after Tuesday night as we were the better side by a long way and came away empty-handed.

And yes, I was disappointed yesterday as we were the worse side by a long way and came away empty-handed. Where was the fight? As soon as they equalised the body language from the players was one of clueless defeat, and I turned to my brother and said we were going to lose, and sure enough we did. I have not seen such a gutless 45 minutes for a long time. We should have matched or beaten City in character and desire but in the end we were not worthy to be on the same pitch as them.

The only thing I cling to is that we can play well, and there are such fine margins involved - if only Cairney had scored just before half time against Burnley, if only Dembele had scored his 1 on 1 in the second half yesterday... At least we are creating "if only" scenarios. I would be more worried if even these weren't happening.

What next is a battling display in our remaining matches. This is what the sides below us are putting together now. We need to do the same.

Mince n Tatties

Jacko has to be given time,but I'm getting
restless.
Sometimes managers and players don't fit,and also
managers and clubs.
Sean O'Driscoll has just gone from Walsall after just
15 games..

Chutney

Quote from: MJG on March 13, 2016, 04:54:48 PM
he wasn't sat down at all. Why say that when it's clearly false

Didn't mean physically sat, I meant that he watched us fail for 70 mins (give or take a few mins as we're clearly being pedantic) without changing things to try and counter what Bristol were doing. That is poor management, in what was a must win game. I expect better.
C O Y W