Can We Still Get Any Loans In?

Started by Mince n Tatties, March 13, 2016, 10:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

Quote from: westcliff white on March 13, 2016, 04:02:08 PM
Quote from: MJG on March 13, 2016, 03:58:27 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on March 13, 2016, 03:39:21 PM
Quote from: Riversider on March 13, 2016, 03:14:53 PM
O'hara was on the bench so that's midfield covered , Amorebietta was on the pitch so that's left back covered,
So sorry, Richards, Baird and Ream as subs for a home match makes no sense whatsoever, we had SIX defensive subs at home to Burnley and only one offensive sub (Matt Smith) don't call that a balanced bench !
The loan signings that we brought in should have all been good enough to start, none of Baird, Ince or Labyad are good enough to do that.
Big wasted opportunity for me.

What makes you say that? Agree about Baird but Ince started every game for Brighton in a season they finished 5th. and Labyad came here with a huge reputation. How can you judge either of them after literally around 40 minutes of football??
I've watched Labyad in his two u21 appearances and has done nothing of note.
when I was living and working in Brussels for 3 years I saw a bit of dutch football at weekends, going to games most weekends. Labyad can play, he has some issues attitude wise that's for sure but strict managers have dealt with that with him. I would say he needs a manager (and maybe fans) who believes in him

+1 +1. Hope to see the lad given a chance soon.
STH H3

Riversider

Quote from: MJG on March 13, 2016, 04:02:20 PM
Now if you wanted to argue why did we have three cm's on the bench Tuesday than I would agree
Ok have it your way then, ( if you honestly think Baird was brought back as a cm)
What was the point of signing Baird and using a valuable loan signing when we already have O'Hara and Ince ?
Whatever way you look at it we didn't need Baird he was bought in to appease a small group of fans .

MJG

O'hara was on the bench so that's midfield covered , Amorebietta was on the pitch so that's left back covered,
So sorry, Richards, Baird and Ream as subs for a home match makes no sense whatsoever, we had SIX defensive subs at home to Burnley and only one offensive sub (Matt Smith) don't call that a balanced bench !
The loan signings that we brought in should have all been good enough to start, none of Baird, Ince or Labyad are good enough to do that.

What makes you say that? Agree about Baird but Ince started every game for Brighton in a season they finished 5th. and Labyad came here with a huge reputation. How can you judge either of them after literally around 40 minutes of football??
when I was living and working in Brussels for 3 years I saw a bit of dutch football at weekends, going to games most weekends. Labyad can play, he has some issues attitude wise that's for sure but strict managers have dealt with that with him. I would say he needs a manager (and maybe fans) who believes in him
I understand that,  just saying what I have witnessed plus his two cameos in first team. Christ I  hope he has something to offer because we need it.

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on March 13, 2016, 04:51:37 PM

I understand that,  just saying what I have witnessed plus his two cameos in first team. Christ I  hope he has something to offer because we need it.
I was just adding to your comments MJG, not contradicting them. He has talent it needs harnessing
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

As for Aluko apparently he isn't available for loan, we tried earlier this month apparently
Every day is a Fulham day

Mince n Tatties

These loans we have in,are they down to Rigg?
If they were the managers choice surely he'd
play them..If they were the managers choice then
he is not a very good judge.

Jims Dentist

Aluko was a really good prospect in the day, but do not see him as a solution.
To let Smith go out on loan without giving him a proper chance ( as Symons did last season ), would be suicide.
Am fast losing faith with The Joker.

Jims Dentist

Aluko was a really good prospect in the day, but do not see him as a solution.
To let Smith go out on loan without giving him a proper chance ( as Symons did last season ), would be suicide.
Am fast losing faith with The Joker.

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 13, 2016, 05:38:50 PM

My guess (no substance behind this) is that Labyad wasnt down to Slavi, as he has been a long term target. It's confirmed that Madl was a stats signing. And I would guess that Ince was down a recommendation from some of Slavis back-room staff (As they worked with Ince at Brighton under Garcia) Not sure tho.
STH H3

J

Quote from: @jolslover on March 13, 2016, 07:51:30 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 13, 2016, 05:38:50 PM

My guess (no substance behind this) is that Labyad wasnt down to Slavi, as he has been a long term target. It's confirmed that Madl was a stats signing. And I would guess that Ince was down a recommendation from some of Slavis back-room staff (As they worked with Ince at Brighton under Garcia) Not sure tho.

Where was it confirmed madl was a stats signing? I've seen people mention this but no evidence beyond repeating assumptions from other posters. Not meaning any offence to you I just am curious to get this info