watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lineup vs. Birmingham?

Started by @jolslover, March 13, 2016, 02:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

So this should be interesting, What would your line-up be vs. Birmingham?

To tell the truth, I have no idea what my lineup would be. Although I know Matt Smith wouldnt be near it!, Anyway what do you guys think?
STH H3

glenhodgso

I'd start with Marcus Bettinelli ...

St Eve

Yeah Smith was awful yesterday. Frankly his 5-10 minute cameos have not been good either. No effort like the 11 yesterday and we don't need a tall guy to help out our great defence.

NJFulham

It will likely be the same as yesterday

RaySmith

Betts in goal.

Maybe Smith, or Woodrow if fit, up front with Ross.

Chutney

Dembele should never play for us again after hi antics after being substituted, the boy has no respect for the fans and couldn't care less if we go down.
C O Y W

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on March 13, 2016, 03:24:22 PM
Drop the people who won't be here next year (Garbutt, Dembele), keep it simple (4-4-2) and pick the players who are good on paper (Stearman, Ream, Pringle if we can recall him) because none of them have been any good on the pitch

Why, Stearman Ream and Pringle have all been bad this season. Why would you want to play them. Pringle is a winger who is so slow and cant beat a man. Stearman has been a donkey this year. And fair enough Ream may deserve a shot but theres clearly a reason Slavi hasnt been playing him!. Agree about drafting Betts in.

and with regards to Smith. When he is on the pitch we play terrible football, He is a donkey who is no use to the team unless the ball is up in the air and for people suggesting Cauley. Fair enough he runs about *abit* more than Dembele but he is clearly the worse footballer. I'm not against giving Cauley a shot but surely we should play our best players?
STH H3

Classic94

Back to basics:

(4-4-2) Bettinelli, Richards, Madl, Burn, Amorebieta, Fredericks, Ince, Parker, Garbutt, McCormack, Woodrow

No place for Dembele and Cairney is not the man we need in a scrap.

@jolslover

Quote from: Classic94 on March 13, 2016, 04:16:06 PM
Back to basics:

(4-4-2) Bettinelli, Richards, Madl, Burn, Amorebieta, Fredericks, Ince, Parker, Garbutt, McCormack, Woodrow

Fair, fair Love tom Cairney but doubt hes the man we need in a scrap. This doesnt sound to bad actually.
STH H3

JackyFulham90

I think we need some changes for sure

Bettenelli
Richards Madl Ream Amorebieta
Fredericks Ince Parker Cairney
                McCormack Smith   

Subs - Lonergan,  Stearman, Garbutt, Tunnicliffe , Labyad , O'Hara,  Woodrow

Bill2

Quote from: @jolslover on March 13, 2016, 04:26:45 PM
Quote from: Classic94 on March 13, 2016, 04:16:06 PM
Back to basics:

Fair, fair Love tom Cairney but doubt hes the man we need in a scrap. This doesnt sound to bad actually.
We need Tom Cairney on the pitch, maybe not for the full 90 as he looked off the pace at the end, but he like a lot of the others put in a great shift for the first 45

westcliff white

For me Cairney has to play as does Dembele. How anyone can want to break up the most lethal partnership in the championship I just don't understand. Yes he walked of yesterday, yes he didn't have the best of games but aside from Fredericks he is the only player with pace in the starting 11 at present.

Our problem is stopping goals not scoring them, so if we are to break them up then it has to be to improve the defensive side of the game neither Smith or Woodrow would do that.

Every day is a Fulham day

ffcthereligion

Why have we all gone off Lonergan? Id pick him over Bettinelli every day of the week.

Lonergan

Stearman Burn Ream
Richards                                    Garbutt (painful to type his inclusion)
                     Baird
          Hyndman       Cairney

Dembele        McCormack

Im anticipating a reaction of 'I want some of what you've been smoking' to this line up but I can tell you I didnt take much pleasure reading it back either

MJG

Drop the people who won't be here next year (Garbutt, Dembele), keep it simple (4-4-2) and pick the players who are good on paper (Stearman, Ream, Pringle if we can recall him) because none of them have been any good on the pitch
from yesterday's 18 you would drop Burn,  Garbutt, Madl, Dembele, Hyndman,  OHara, Parker. None of which have contracts currently for next year.

J.Perkins

Bettinelli

Richards Madl Nando Garbutt

Fred Parker Ince Tunners

McCormack Smith

MJG

Quote from: Statto on March 13, 2016, 05:14:00 PM
Quote from: MJG on March 13, 2016, 05:08:14 PM
from yesterday's 18 you would drop Burn,  Garbutt, Madl, Dembele, Hyndman,  OHara, Parker. None of which have contracts currently for next year.

no i said drop the people who wont be here next year and that's exactly what i meant
well currently they won't be here

MJG

Quote from: Statto on March 13, 2016, 05:32:34 PM
Quote from: MJG on March 13, 2016, 05:23:21 PM
Quote from: Statto on March 13, 2016, 05:14:00 PM
Quote from: MJG on March 13, 2016, 05:08:14 PM

no i said drop the people who wont be here next year and that's exactly what i meant
well currently they won't be here
no idea what point you're trying to make but to save my sunday let's just say you made it
quote.. Drop the people who won't be here.. Unquote.

nose

why not play a talented player like woodrow, that would send a message that being able to trap a ball, keep possesion, pass itquickly and intelligently  and work hard counts. and not pick failed players that are over payed and lazy.

3 5 2 suits best
the back three has to remain
my 5 are fred ohara tunny and baird
woodrow and ross

my team will win at birmingham if selected and woody is fit

MJG

Quote from: nose on March 13, 2016, 05:43:06 PM
why not play a talented player like woodrow, that would send a message that being able to trap a ball, keep possesion, pass itquickly and intelligently  and work hard counts. and not pick failed players that are over payed and lazy.

3 5 2 suits best
the back three has to remain
my 5 are fred ohara tunny and baird
woodrow and ross

my team will win at birmingham if selected and woody is fit
Baird  is only a defender apparently

One Martin Thomas

I think you go 4 3 3 and blitz them.

Dembele and Woodrow with Ross just behind.

Parker and Tunnicliffe in midfield with Hyndman.

Garbutt, Madl, Ream, Fredricks or Richards.

... i said yesterday, we cannot defend, so score more !!!  The only thing I may do is put Tunnicliffe at rightback and put OHara in.  I would also like to see what Richards can do as a defensive midfielder as he cannot be as useless as all that... try him in his favoured position.