watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Moussa Dembele

Started by Chutney, March 13, 2016, 03:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chutney

The lack of class and respect he demonstrated by strolling off yesterday was disgraceful. I never want to see him pull on a Fulham shirt again.

C O Y W

Blanco

Quote from: Chutney on March 13, 2016, 03:36:41 PM
The lack of class and respect he demonstrated by strolling off yesterday was disgraceful. I never want to see him pull on a Fulham shirt again.

How else do players walk to the changing room after a poor loss? I haven't actually seen him walking off so I'm just going on what you said.

MJG

OK he should have run off,  but I don't think it's disrespect,  I just think it's a 19 year old who did not comprehend the situation and was disappointed,  especially with that chance he had.
But hey your going to tell me I'm wrong but I don't care, it's just a possible explanation.

Bill2

Quote from: Statto on March 13, 2016, 04:46:34 PM
Quote from: Blanco on March 13, 2016, 04:27:51 PM
Quote from: Chutney on March 13, 2016, 03:36:41 PM

How else do players walk to the changing room after a poor loss? I haven't actually seen him walking off so I'm just going on what you said.

This was when he was subbed off with 5 min left, when we should have been chasing the winner
To be fair he did nothing for most of the previous 85 and never looked like scoring except for the one big chance which he did not even get a shot away. Not one of his best performances.

gang

He was replaced for his performance and when he left the field he looked like a small child who  had been chastised for missbehaving. He took an age to leave the pitch, never looked up to acknowledge the  crowd and sulkt.

If it is true that Tottenham want him next year he won't be very popular with that attitude.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on March 13, 2016, 04:52:51 PM
Quote from: MJG on March 13, 2016, 04:47:52 PM
OK he should have run off,  but I don't think it's disrespect,  I just think it's a 19 year old who did not comprehend the situation and was disappointed,  especially with that chance he had.
But hey your going to tell me I'm wrong but I don't care, it's just a possible explanation.

I think you're quite right, he doesn't comprehend the situation. but that's exactly why, like the op, i'd be content if he didn't play again this season
in any other season he would have not played as much. Only one u20 year old has played more minutes in the championship. I'm all for playing youngsters,  but it's a balance and I think along with the pressure it's got a bit much. And of course his situation  hasn't helped.

GrahamG

He slow walk off the pitch was in keeping with his slow progress around the pitch for the previous 85 minutes.

MJG

Quote from: GrahamG on March 13, 2016, 05:29:34 PM
He slow walk off the pitch was in keeping with his slow progress around the pitch for the previous 85 minutes.
I know people are angry at him,  but first half he worked bloody hard and chashed a lot of balls down.  But let's not let actual reality blur a bit of hate.

nose

he played much the same as every week.
we are endlessly told how good he is but that is wrong.
woodrow is genuinely a top player but the desire to get a fee meant the board insisted dembele play and sent lackeys to big him up. the attempt to up hios fee was against the best end result for the club.

I know MJG has herically defended him but evben a 19 year old would know to get off quickly when 2 1 down. his behaviour was a discgrace, his continued and un questioned selection unbelievable.

a season where i thought our management might just improve, we got worse. the owner stays away showing no leadership, the ceo remains in place and rigg? what is the point of him.

we do now have a top manager and I amn certain if the ceo and rigg are shackled we will be promoted next season but unfortunately i cannot now guarantee out of what division.

MJG

Quote from: nose on March 13, 2016, 05:38:46 PM
woodrow is genuinely a top player but the desire to get a fee meant the board insisted dembele play and sent lackeys to big him up. the attempt to up hios fee was against the best end result for the club.

I know MJG has herically defended him but evben a 19 year old would know to get off quickly when 2 1 down. his behaviour was a discgrace, his continued and un questioned selection unbelievable.

a season where i thought our management might just improve, we got worse. the owner stays away showing no leadership, the ceo remains in place and rigg? what is the point of him.

we do now have a top manager and I amn certain if the ceo and rigg are shackled we will be promoted next season but unfortunately i cannot now guarantee out of what division.

you should listen to Jokanovic from yesterday's radio London post match interview. He clearly states both him and Ross are his best options and players. He has had 3 strikers to choose from up till yesterday and with the type of game he wants to play it's dembele over Smith every day of the week.
Woodrow is now another one and if he had been around then im sure both him and MD would have shared a lot of game time,  even allowed Ross a few minutes rest.
I don't agree with you over Dembele but that's not going to change from either party.

chiefo

Was 1.1 when he went off. My take it on it was that we were setting for the draw, this despite being a must win game. Moussa took his time for that reason. ( imo)

Mince n Tatties

All Strikers sulk,it's in their nature I'm afraid.

@jolslover

Quote from: gang on March 13, 2016, 04:49:53 PM
He was replaced for his performance and when he left the field he looked like a small child who  had been chastised for missbehaving. He took an age to leave the pitch, never looked up to acknowledge the  crowd and sulkt.

If it is true that Tottenham want him next year he won't be very popular with that attitude.

He did actually clap the fans when he was taken off. So he did acknowledge the fans. Stopped when fans started booing him ofcourse.
STH H3

bobbo

It said it all he wants away
1975 just leaving home full of hope

nose

Quote from: MJG on March 13, 2016, 05:46:11 PM
Quote from: nose on March 13, 2016, 05:38:46 PM

you should listen to Jokanovic from yesterday's radio London post match interview. He clearly states both him and Ross are his best options and players. He has had 3 strikers to choose from up till yesterday and with the type of game he wants to play it's dembele over Smith every day of the week.
Woodrow is now another one and if he had been around then im sure both him and MD would have shared a lot of game time,  even allowed Ross a few minutes rest.
I don't agree with you over Dembele but that's not going to change from either party.

no I agree we will not see eye to eye and that is not a big deal it is the nature of being a supporter.
i didn't hear that report but i have heard him speak on the subject before... but there is the evidence of my eyes too

Baszab

He has downed his tools ...and that's a fact plain for everyone to see yesterday

Play Cauley who actually cares and tries

gang

Quote from: @jolslover on March 13, 2016, 05:58:25 PM
Quote from: gang on March 13, 2016, 04:49:53 PM

He did actually clap the fans when he was taken off. So he did acknowledge the fans. Stopped when fans started booing him ofcourse.

I wonder why they booed him, perhaps it was his performance or attitude, Both have been bad recently.

MJG

No boos from where I was sat until he did not step it up to leave the pitch.

King_Crud

If 16,,000 people can see he needs to get off quickly and he can't then he's either thick or rude

@jolslover

Quote from: MJG on March 13, 2016, 07:29:30 PM
No boos from where I was sat until he did not step it up to leave the pitch.

Yh thats what I meant. boos started because he wasnt leaving quick enough

Not boos but I remember Bryan Ruiz got cheered off once?
STH H3