more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Moussa Dembele

Started by Chutney, March 13, 2016, 03:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: nose on March 14, 2016, 01:27:20 PM
i do not accept this argument he is young and has a lot to learn.
His problem is stuff he should already know, like how to control a ball, head a ball, turn a defender.
The errors he makes are not because of age. They are not the sort born of lack of experience.

He has been used to being bigger and stronger than those around him and as such has relied on that. When playing with adults, they are all big and strong so it will come down to ability and I am afraid that is what is lacking.
We see him lose possesion over and over game after game just because of that... then couple in he is not the most dynamic, he does not put in the effort.

I want fulham to succeed I do not critisise for the sake of it. when he has played well i have said so, it is just far to infrequent.
so experience means nowt then,  players come ready made out of a package at first team football eh?

The Enclosurite

Quote from: nose on March 14, 2016, 01:19:56 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 14, 2016, 10:33:14 AM
Quote from: Statto on March 13, 2016, 07:40:13 PM
Cant ever recall a Fulham player being booed off in my several hundred games attended over several decades... Anyone else?

No, but I can remember Michael Brown being booed onto the pitch.

and mikey conroy when he first played ...when he got a yellow the crowd chanted for it to be a red card

You beat me to it - I was just about to write the same thing about Micky Conroy.  Still one of my biggest match day memories, can't recall it ever happening anywhere else.
¡COYW!

MikeW

TWFL - a bit harsh on Smith?  If they ever gave him a chance it might help his cause.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

nose

Quote from: MJG on March 14, 2016, 01:40:31 PM
Quote from: nose on March 14, 2016, 01:27:20 PM
i do not accept this argument he is young and has a lot to learn.
His problem is stuff he should already know, like how to control a ball, head a ball, turn a defender.
The errors he makes are not because of age. They are not the sort born of lack of experience.

He has been used to being bigger and stronger than those around him and as such has relied on that. When playing with adults, they are all big and strong so it will come down to ability and I am afraid that is what is lacking.
We see him lose possesion over and over game after game just because of that... then couple in he is not the most dynamic, he does not put in the effort.

I want fulham to succeed I do not critisise for the sake of it. when he has played well i have said so, it is just far to infrequent.
so experience means nowt then,  players come ready made out of a package at first team football eh?

That is exactly what i did not say, I feel sure you have misintepreted.

Experience is what makes a player with ability or potential better. But 19, for a player that has been through all the accademies and youth systems and devoted himself to the game means the basics should be in place. First touch, denying space to defenders, winning headers, turning a defender with your back to goal... I expect that as a minimum, he hasn't got that ability.

What we saw a few times on saturday was his ability to run at pace with power to get past his man, but then he hasn't the first idea what to do, unless ross is close on hand to help him. As you said we do not see eye to eye, but I suspect at some point you will come round. That or he will have to start performing better.

Whitesideup

Cant ever recall a Fulham player being booed off in my several hundred games attended over several decades... Anyone else?

There were cheers of relief when Andy Cole was substituted.....

EJL

Quote from: Whitesideup on March 15, 2016, 12:08:14 AM

There were cheers of relief when Andy Cole was substituted.....
Ruiz several times. Jeered mainly.