News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The only way I can see us staying up.........

Started by Fulham Tup North, March 14, 2016, 08:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

092.gif  .......Would be to face the remaining 9 games with a 5-4-1 set-up.
Ensure we do not concede (Difficult for us I know), Swamp the Midfield and play a solo Striker.
McCormack is not a solo striker, which means we would have to rely upon Dembele.
Take nine 0-0's and just hope that 46 points is enough to stay up.
We cannot continue to play the same style we have been doing, where we go forward, score and then try to defend, only to fail miserably.  Once a team equalises or takes the lead into the 2nd half, we lose our heads and fold.  There is no reason for it, other than a dreadful lack of confidence in each other.  We take the lead then try to defend far to deeply.
If 46 points would be enough I don't know, but if we continue to keep playing the same way, we will be lucky to get another 4 points and 41 will see us sent down.
Am I being unfair?   079.gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Sgt Fulham

We couldn't hold a 0-0 with our whole 25 man squad on the pitch tbh

davew

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on March 14, 2016, 08:48:31 PM
092.gif  .......Would be to face the remaining 9 games with a 5-4-1 set-up.
Ensure we do not concede (Difficult for us I know), Swamp the Midfield and play a solo Striker.
McCormack is not a solo striker, which means we would have to rely upon Dembele.
Take nine 0-0's and just hope that 46 points is enough to stay up.
We cannot continue to play the same style we have been doing, where we go forward, score and then try to defend, only to fail miserably.  Once a team equalises or takes the lead into the 2nd half, we lose our heads and fold.  There is no reason for it, other than a dreadful lack of confidence in each other.  We take the lead then try to defend far to deeply.
If 46 points would be enough I don't know, but if we continue to keep playing the same way, we will be lucky to get another 4 points and 41 will see us sent down.
Am I being unfair?   079.gif
It isn't a lack of confidence, it is a lack of ability, effort, determination and pride to play for FFC! The other reasons why we keep failing to win have already been well documented on the forum. I think 41 points would be a reasonable and realistic target, relegation yes, but another 4 points nevertheless!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mince n Tatties

The West Brompton Piano school
Girls Under 10s would score against us...

SP

Had a strong gut feeling before last Saturday that we'd lose to Bristol City but stay up, I still feel that way.  Just disapointed I didn't follow through with the Sky £20 free bet for new customers on BCFC @ 2/1.  Never mind, there's always next week but I have a feeling we'll get something at St Andrews against the odds.

Wearethewhites

The only way I can see us staying up is by winning games. 2-1, 3-2, 4-3, what ever.

Our ability to kill off games, and repeatedly miss chances is worse than our frail defense.

Cairney scores just before half time v Burnley, it's game over. Should have been out of sight half time v Bristol City as well.

If we try and just defend, we won't stay up, haven't got the team for that. 

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: SP on March 14, 2016, 09:22:16 PM
Had a strong gut feeling before last Saturday that we'd lose to Bristol City but stay up, I still feel that way.  Just disapointed I didn't follow through with the Sky £20 free bet for new customers on BCFC @ 2/1.  Never mind, there's always next week but I have a feeling we'll get something at St Andrews against the odds.

I'm hoping I get a couple of early birdies to put
me back in contention.
Who's a clever boy then,backed Charles Swartchel before
final round on Sunday.
He was 5 shots of lead,won after playoff 25/1...Get in there.

filham

Jocanovic has tried numerous players and different tactics, all have failed, can't see where we go from here except down.
Unless of course lowly MK Dons and Bolton fold against us and Brentford relax and give us three points and teams below us fail to get a point a game, all to add up to not so great an escape but a minor miracle.

NJFulham

nose

I don't think the tactics are failing at all. I think he has got that right, it is obvious 3 5 2 suits our squad best.
But at the risk of upsetting individuals that seem to learn nothing, indiviodual errors and performances are what is killing us. On saturday dembele's one on one miss, garbutt blasting over when a cut back was all that was required, garbuts suicidal loss of possesion leading to the equliser, and amore needlesly charging out of defence pulling everyone out of position, that led to the free kick....that is what killed us..... the players not the tactics. sure city came back at us in the second half but we were catching them on the break over and over, individuals playing for themselves with no proper team ethic cost us dear. 

Against burnley the tactics worked well but individual errors of the poor players in our squad absolutely destroyed the good work. make no mistake, what we have now is an absolutely crystal clear vision of how lacking the squad is.

Aaron

Quote from: NJFulham on March 15, 2016, 11:30:36 AM
2 wins and 4 draws is probably enough.

Which is also essentially what we've managed from our last nine..  Doesn't sound unobtainable.

Edit: Although 3 wins in 23 doesn't inspire much confidence.