watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who was at fault for the two goals

Started by The Swan, March 14, 2016, 10:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Who was at fault for us conceding the two goals on Saturday.

Although we did not play well for 70 minutes of the match we still should have been able to hang on for a win.

Citys first goal came from a misplaced pass from Garbutt. He passed the ball straight to their number 22. This player was five yards into our half. He went on a run with only Parker tracking him.

This player turned Parker advanced a few yards and shot into the left corner of the goal. Two of our players moved to close him down but they were too late.

The winning goal came from a foul committed by a combination of Cairney and Madl.

The free kick was well taken but our wall did not jump and our keeper was too far over to the right side of his goal.
The Swan

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: The Swan on March 14, 2016, 10:36:12 PM
Who was at fault for us conceding the two goals on Saturday.

Although we did not play well for 70 minutes of the match we still should have been able to hang on for a win.

Citys first goal came from a misplaced pass from Garbutt. He passed the ball straight to their number 22. This player was five yards into our half. He went on a run with only Parker tracking him.

This player turned Parker advanced a few yards and shot into the left corner of the goal. Two of our players moved to close him down but they were too late.

The winning goal came from a foul committed by a combination of Cairney and Madl.

The free kick was well taken but our wall did not jump and our keeper was too far over to the right side of his goal.

You've just answered your own question.

And you have answered correctly !

These kind of errors are inherent in our team and have been for too long.

H4usuallysitting

The problem was (like the Burnley game) we didn't take our chances - we should of been 2 or 3 up before City scored....and we should of been 3 - 1 up against Burnley by half time......yes we score goals, but no we don't bury teams

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 14, 2016, 11:15:23 PM
The problem was (like the Burnley game) we didn't take our chances - we should of been 2 or 3 up before City scored....and we should of been 3 - 1 up against Burnley by half time......yes we score goals, but no we don't bury teams

That may be true but its misleading regards the over all seasons performance.

Any successful team i.e. top two has to be consistent over the season and you can't keep running the risk of outscoring the opposition in high scoring games.

A winning mentality starts with a miserly defence and the ability to win 1-0 and 2-1 when the other team refuse to lie down.   

HatterDon

It was me. I'm sorry guys, it was me.  :012: :012: :012: :012: :012:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

bobbo

Swan got got it precisely right but the ball is given away by all teams on many occasions during every game , the difference however is giving it away by poor play or  uneccesarily . And of course the free kick in front of the area was just one of many like that we give away.yes as the player was lining up to take it I nudged my buddy and said its going in that left hand corner look at the gap, and sure enough - been around too long - anyone want Saturday's results on Friday?
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Oakeshott

"anyone want Saturday's results on Friday?"

Only if it is good news.

Chutney

Madl backed off to essentially the corner flag when the Bristol City player ran at him for the first goal, left Burn completely isolated, it was shocking defending. I can't see his loan being made permanent.
C O Y W

nose

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on March 14, 2016, 11:49:00 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 14, 2016, 11:15:23 PM

That may be true but its misleading regards the over all seasons performance.

Any successful team i.e. top two has to be consistent over the season and you can't keep running the risk of outscoring the opposition in high scoring games.

A winning mentality starts with a miserly defence and the ability to win 1-0 and 2-1 when the other team refuse to lie down.   

I agree with that entirely, you have to always build from the back, only barcelona are able to outscore teams and even they have a brilliant defence!

nose

Quote from: Chutney on March 15, 2016, 12:54:10 PM
Madl backed off to essentially the corner flag when the Bristol City player ran at him for the first goal, left Burn completely isolated, it was shocking defending. I can't see his loan being made permanent.
Quote from: bobbo on March 15, 2016, 09:53:14 AM
Swan got got it precisely right but the ball is given away by all teams on many occasions during every game , the difference however is giving it away by poor play or  uneccesarily . And of course the free kick in front of the area was just one of many like that we give away.yes as the player was lining up to take it I nudged my buddy and said its going in that left hand corner look at the gap, and sure enough - been around too long - anyone want Saturday's results on Friday?

garbutt's loss of possesion was unforgiveable and bordered on criminal negligance. It was unnecesary and totally avoidable and to compound it he had earlier wasted a chance for us to score by shooting selfishly, glory hunting,  rather than passing. He is a menanace because of his selfish attitude and lack of team ethic.

The second goal started when amore charged out of defence leaving burn exposed, and he in turn lost his balance meaning that their player was foolishly upended in a dangerous position.

Individual incorrect decision making/errors made by poor players.

Garbutt more than any other cost us, he should have cut the ball back, we would have had a second, but the idea of glory overwhelmed him. That is why we are unfortunate enough to have him and why everton loaned him out.

The fact we do not have a decent , or even ordinary left back on the books is criminal. I would settle for ordinary and not prone to stupid errrors because of a mistaken belief that you are better than you really are.

HatterDon

every goal scored is the result of a mistake. This is the oldest and most self-evident statement in football. EVERY GOAL!!!!!!!!

If a perfect game of football were ever played -- that is, none of the 22 players on the pitch makes a mistake for 90+ minutes -- the result has to be 0-0.

The only reason for these weekly [and sometimes twice weekly] attacks on our players to to scapegoat. It reminds me of the little hate rings 14 year old girls have. Each week there's a new target, and everything is her fault. Next week, it's someone new. Last week Madl was a gift from God Almighty and the savior of our defense. This week he's the main reason why we're losing.

If you're looking for perfection, not only do you have to stop following Fulham, but also all other sports, not to mention life itself.

We are a Championship side with a squad good enough to be mid-table. We're hitting under our weight at the moment, but the fact is that we have second-tier professionals wearing our kits. You want something better? You want to follow a team filled with top drawer players who excel and outclass their opponents every week? Choose any from this list, then:

Barcelona
Real Madrid
Celtic
Sporting
FC Bayern
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

filham

I came away from the match thinking that Garbutt was the villain of the afternoon but then realised that for the whole second half we had been outplayed and that it was only a matter of time before somehow Bristol City would score a goal or two. All of our players were responsible for the defeat, we had been  totally outplayed as a team.

Difficult to see how we can put things right, we are being outplayed one way or another week in week out.

Jem

Quote from: HatterDon on March 15, 2016, 06:47:43 PM
every goal scored is the result of a mistake. This is the oldest and most self-evident statement in football. EVERY GOAL!!!!!!!!

If a perfect game of football were ever played -- that is, none of the 22 players on the pitch makes a mistake for 90+ minutes -- the result has to be 0-0.

The only reason for these weekly [and sometimes twice weekly] attacks on our players to to scapegoat. It reminds me of the little hate rings 14 year old girls have. Each week there's a new target, and everything is her fault. Next week, it's someone new. Last week Madl was a gift from God Almighty and the savior of our defense. This week he's the main reason why we're losing.

If you're looking for perfection, not only do you have to stop following Fulham, but also all other sports, not to mention life itself.

We are a Championship side with a squad good enough to be mid-table. We're hitting under our weight at the moment, but the fact is that we have second-tier professionals wearing our kits. You want something better? You want to follow a team filled with top drawer players who excel and outclass their opponents every week? Choose any from this list, then:

Barcelona
Real Madrid
Celtic
Sporting
FC Bayern
Breath of fresh air!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

nose

Quote from: Jem on March 15, 2016, 09:33:43 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on March 15, 2016, 06:47:43 PM

Barcelona
Real Madrid
Celtic
Sporting
FC Bayern
Breath of fresh air!

there are mistakes and mistakes
avoidable ones caused by lack of brain power and other ones caused by being outplayed by the opposition
in our case IMO four of the last five we conceded, maybe all five were down to player stupidity and/or selfishness. garbutt was being himself, gloryhunting and showboating for the sake of his self egrandisment.. not the betterment of the team... amore's rush was stupidity....  individual protection comes from individuals acting as unified entity....  the collective is endangered by individual thoughtless actions    from the 7 samurai (well the quote is something like that anyway).

two games in a row the players, not the manager, the players killed us by being individually stupid/selfish.
anybody at the game will have seen that. we outplayed the opposition pretty much twice, had the lead in both games but wholy avoidable errors of judgement, by the players, not the manager, not bad luck not the referee, the players, assembeled by the previous manager and mike rigg.... those players, they killed us!