watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We are suffering from "too good to go down" syndrome

Started by BedsFFC, March 14, 2016, 10:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

I think SJ has done a good job. We are playing better.

Ive seen 3 games. In all 3, we have started as the better team and then slacked off.

Most opposition think we are easy pickings or there for the taking. The fact is, we are pretty good and because of that, we take the initial momentum.

What then happens is we think, "we are better than you" and they think "you're better than we thought", then they shift into fighting harder and its this we can't handle.

Its a mental thing.

Our strength's are better than most teams but our weakest points are very fragile.

This is probably SJ's biggest task. He definataly needs our support.

Right now, as fans, we are really important.

We can moan, boo and remember better days or we can be the 12th man and get this team over the line and build for next season.

Ladies & Gentleman, put all negative feelings aside for 2 months and cheer the boys on.

Whatever happens, the first 11 that starts next season will be very different

COYSW

Lighthouse

I think those who start a post with 'I think SJ has done a good job' think we are too good to go down. He hasn't and we are not playing better. Just keeping the ball for longer and doing nothing with it. We still let in soft goals and we don't turn up for 45 minutes.

Sadly I never suffer from too good to go down. But then being depressive and negative and pessimistic has sadly been the more realistic option with Fulham of late.

Let us hope it improves.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Snibbo

It's a cliche but, the only real measure is the scoreboard. On that measure SJ is an abject failure. The squad is at least as good (or bad) as under Kit, arguably better. If SJ is a better manager, he should be getting better results. He isn't.

RaySmith

Results are all that matters.

Kit was criticised for the dour football he played, especially at the end of last season, but he kept us up, and wasn't far from the play-offs when he was sacked.

We are just too vulnerable defensively, though often look great attacking, and score some lovely goals.

Not much point in going on about the past all the time, but when Roy came in the first thing he did was make us hard to beat - his first buy was an unknown  centre-half - Hangeland. Roy wasn't, and isn't, young and cool looking, is a bit of an old geezer in fact, whose football is  seen as boring and unadventurous by many.

Liverpool, and many England fans,  hate him, but he was the right man for Fulham. with his organisation, and emphasis on defending from the front, and being supremely disciplined and well drilled. He can make a team of ordinary players achieve great things.

davew

I agree with all the posts on this topic except the original poster, sorry!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Yamus

The reason we don't play so well in the second half I think could be that their manager changes their tactics, our manager does the same but not until the 82nd minute.

Reznor

I have thought we are on a downward spiral for years.Whoever the manager is has become irrelevant. Our owner is dire and thus relegations are always on the cards. I am totally convinced as long as Khan is the owner League 2 football could easily become a reality. Look at other clubs who have rubbish owners. Villa are the latest club to do a 'Fulham'.