News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Time Winds Down on Nine Player Contracts (Interesting article)

Started by Wimbledon_White, March 15, 2016, 06:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wimbledon_White

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2016/3/15/11237388/time-winds-down-on-nine-player-contracts

MJG - one for you old boy.

Very interesting take on a few players; nothing too revolutionary in here - most of it is common consensus I reckon.

Anyway, I thought I would share for others to see too.

Enjoy.

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

gang

Hyndman and Burn are the only ones on my keep list, perhaps Parker in a coaching role always admired his honesty.

MJG

There are also a few of the 21's like Evans and Donnelly out of contract. Will be all change that's for sure no matter what happens

FPT

The comments on Jesse Joronen I don't like, he's more than worth two years at least. He's 22 years old (two years younger than Marcus Bettinelli) and has been judged good enough to move to League Two twice, the first of which was as Marcus Bettinelli's replacement at Accrington Stanley before dislocating his knee. He's been at Fulham for seven years, it would feel brutal to release him when he's still such a baby in age as a goalkeeper. I like the potential in Jesse Joronen too, I think he could become a really good goalkeeper.

Also, the point the writer makes of Hyndman, "If it's first team action Hyndman's after, however, he would be wise to heed the lesson of Patrick Roberts and consider spending another couple of years at Craven Cottage." Because Emerson Hyndman has been blessed with masses of first team minutes this season (just four starts). What's more frustrating is that I believe that Emerson is fully capable of playing consistently at this level, and I feel he knows he has ability, and I feel he knows he could get paid a lot more to do - at the very least - the same as he is at Fulham.

Jamie O'Hara probably should get a new deal if both Parker and Hyndman are to leave. At the worst, he's experienced depth with strong playmaking abilities. If we were to let all three go (plus Ince and Baird back to their parent clubs), I'm sure we couldn't find/afford all three replacements to be better than O'Hara. He's probably better suited to a bench role but a very decent option to have.

Dan Burn deserves a new deal, even if like O'Hara, it's just depth. I think he's earned it, and I imagine he's pretty cheap. He's a good personality to have around the club and worth continuing to develop. He's a Championship quality centre half for sure.

I agree with pretty much everything, though I would chuck Alex Kacaniklic, the same as he's said he wants to leave. "See you later pal." Regressed more than any other Fulham player that I can remember.

My releases has us building on top of:

Bettinelli, Lonergan, Joronen, Stekelenburg,

Fredericks, Richards, Grimmer

Amorebieta, Stearman, Ream, Burn, Bodurov,

Kavanagh,

Pringle, Williams,

Cairney, Tunnicliffe, Christensen, O'Hara, Mattila

McCormack, Mitroglou, Dembele (?), Woodrow, Smith,

- And then bare in mind things like an option to buy Michael Madl, an option to extend Zakaria Labyad's loan for another year. Potentially sales/loans of Maarten Stekelenburg, Nikolay Bodurov, Richard Stearman, Tim Ream, Ben Pringle, Sakari Mattila, Kostas Mitroglou and Matt Smith. I know Slavisa Jokanovic is a fan of using young players and developing young players, so it'll be interesting to see what he does with the likes of Jack Grimmer, George Williams or anyone we've not even thought about yet.

Sorry to go on, and on a barely related tangent, but that would probably see us needing to buy or loan at least one player in most positions. Some good questions for the management, and I hope they realise their needs and are weighing up options already.

JOND999

don't rate Burn at all.  no ball skills whatsoever.  tall, that's it.

JDH101

We need 11 new players. Unless Ross decides to stay. Then we only need 10.

..FOF..

Quote from: JDH101 on March 16, 2016, 01:31:32 AM
We need 11 new players. Unless Ross decides to stay. Then we only need 10.

I agree with this because I believe we also need a complete change of mindset.

Some of the current players are still carrying the baggage of our past failure to get a promotion.

Unfortunately, this will also most likely means that the new players will need more time to gel as a team.

Snibbo

If we get relegated, we'll have far less choice of players. The best will leave for a Championship club. We'll be left with the aged or the very young. God I'm full of doom and gloom at the moment.

davew

Quote from: Snibbo on March 16, 2016, 04:46:35 AM
If we get relegated, we'll have far less choice of players. The best will leave for a Championship club. We'll be left with the aged or the very young. God I'm full of doom and gloom at the moment.
Don't worry it will only last 9 more matches!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

aaronmcguigan

Why was Liam Donnelly brought back from loan if he's only being used in U21? Surely he'd have more of a chance to earn a new contract showing what he's worth in competitive fixtures like he was doing at Crawley?