watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

% Attendances (in order) of football stadiums 2015-16

Started by daib0, March 18, 2016, 02:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daib0

Here goes for this season up to this point - the highest percentages of the fullest stadiums and all others in order:

Thoughts?

Surprise teams?

Disappointments?

Over to you ...

A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

St Eve

Bit misleading. Teams like Sheffield Wednesday have great crowds but due to the size of their stadium are only half full

grandad

Although you have spent a lot of time producing this it does not tell a lot. Too many variables.
Where there's a will there's a wife

rubbernecca

Thanks for this - surprised by Middlesbrough's relatively lowish crowds.

It definitely doesn't make a case for expanding Craven Cottage!

daib0

A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

Wolf

Somewhat negated by different clubs approaches. Some declare the number actually inside the stadium, some the number of match tickets sold plus all season tickets. I've been in the control room of a Championship match when the crowd was given as 20,500 but there were 15,100 through the turnstiles.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: daib0 on March 18, 2016, 04:09:44 PM

brought to my attention:

Arsenal's REAL Attendance Figures: How Many Actually Turn Up To Matches

http://angryofislington.com/2014/08/15/arsenals-real-attendance-figures-how-many-actually-turn-up-to-matches

Brighton fans said exactly the same thing last season. On paper they were the best supported club in the division but they sold a significant number of season tickets which despite being counted in matchday attendances were never or sparingly used.

Bit of a standing joke down there, a Brighton fan told me they would announce a game on a cold wet night was 25k when everyone knew there were about 16,000 present

Zendra

Our average attendance figure is about mid table in the Championship which is not bad going bearing in mind the last 2/3 years. A successful team would push it to 20 + I reckon

Travers Barney

Sheff Utd's average crowd requires some attention/review...maybe they had some mitigating things earlier in the year that I have missed but seems low.

coyw
We are the whites

WayneKerrins

why is there a chelski mega store advert on here?

grandad

Quote from: WayneKerrins on March 19, 2016, 10:00:18 AM
why is there a chelski mega store advert on here?

Install AdBlocker, it gets rid of all those annoying banner ads.
Where there's a will there's a wife