watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (19/03/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 19, 2016, 08:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham boss jokes about tactics against Birmingham City – but injury news is no laughing matter

Joka turns into joker ahead of vital clash with Blues as Whites hope to ease their Championship relegation worries

Plan: Slavisa Jokanovic

Maybe it needs a bit of levity at a time like this.

And perhaps Slavisa Jokanovic can be forgiven for suggesting his Fulham side make so many mistakes he's going to give the ball to Birmingham City and hope they muck up first.

But the Whites gaffer was deadly serious when he claimed Championship salvation lies in simplicity and cutting out daft errors.

Joka would love his side to play silky football, as former boss Kit Symons used to put it, but if it needs someone to put their laces through the ball in a moment of crisis, that will do nicely.

"I have to offer the team a more simple plan and be more effective," he said

"We cannot be confused like sometimes in the last game against Bristol City.

"Maybe, we are going to give them the ball and wait for them to counter-attack. They are a team waiting for us to make a mistake, so..." he said with tongue firmly in cheek.

We need to play for longer – all the way to the final whistle.

We mustn't make unnecessary mistakes but make the right clearance of 60 yards and not six if we have to. This might be the solution we need."

Neither the ankle knocks suffered by midfielders Alex Kacaniklic and Chris Baird two weeks ago have totally cleared.

"We are still assessing them," Jokanovic added.

Otherwise, Fulham have a clean bill of health as they seek revenge for the 5-2 Blues mauling in November that cost Symons his job.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-jokes-tactics-against-11057373?

WhiteJC

Birmingham City Factfile

In the final game before the international break, Fulham travel to Birmingham City on Saturday (3pm) looking to move away from the relegation zone.

The opposition

Blues are still well in contention for the Play-Offs, but some patchy form of late has left them sitting four points behind Sheffield Wednesday, who currently occupy sixth spot.

Narrow 1-0 successes against Bolton Wanderers and Hull City at St Andrew's are the only wins they've taken from the previous eight outings. A shyness in front of goal hasn't helped, as they've found the back of the net on just three occasions in that spell.

Indeed, only Preston North End have scored fewer goals that Birmingham in the top half of the Sky Bet Championship, although we don't need any reminding that they had no issues in that department when we faced them at Craven Cottage earlier in the season.

Team news

Diego Fabbrini is the only new injury concern for Blues with a bruised toe. There was, though, positive news about James Vaughan and Nicolai Brock-Madsen, who have recovered from their respective calf and hamstring problems.

Tickets

Fulham fans will be able to purchase tickets on the day at the same price; £20 for adults, concessions from £5.

Travel

Trains from London can take as little as one hour 20 minutes, with the ground no more than a couple of miles from any of Birmingham's main three train stations. Driving is also a feasible option, as St Andrew's should be less than two hours away once you've come off the M25.

Weather

It should be overcast yet dry in Birmingham on Saturday, although temperatures could be as low as five degrees come kick-off.

Pre-match

There are plenty of pubs a stone's throw from Birmingham's train stations. The Briar Rose Wetherspoons is often a popular choice among away fans.

Coral match odds

Birmingham: 23/20

Draw: 12/5

Fulham: 23/10

(Odds subject to change)

Last time we met

A 5-2 loss at Craven Cottage ended up costing Kit Symons his job back in November. The visitors were 3-0 up with little more than half an hour played through Stephen Gleeson's powerful strike, a Paul Caddis penalty, and Jon Toral's rasping effort. A long-range Jamie O'Hara free-kick then smacked the crossbar, but Fulham's task was made harder still shortly after the restart when James Husband was shown two yellow cards within a matter of seconds. Substitute Matt Smith was then unlucky to see his shot came back off the post, but the Whites did reduce the deficit when Alexander Kačaniklić netted from a tight angle. Clayton Donaldson restored the three-goal advantage when he turned in a rebound late on, and there were still more goals to come as Ross McCormack finished smartly from 20 yards, before Viv Solomon-Otabor had the final say in the fifth minute of stoppage time.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/march/18/birmingham-city-factfile?

WhiteJC

The Visitors - Fulham

With the goal scoring troubles on the road, Blues will be glad to return to business at St. Andrew`s where Fulham are the visitors.

CURRENT FORM

Since the turn of 2016, Blues have won five, drew four and lost three in the Championship, scoring 17 with eight conceded. The home from remains strong, winning four from their last five. Blues currently sit in 9th place with 55 points - four shy on the play-offs with a game in hand.

Fulham arrive at St. Andrew`s with only two wins from their last 13 Championship games. In their 18 away games, the Cottagers have picked up 17 points (3 wins, 8 draws, 7 defeats). Inconsistency has been the downfall of a squad that boasts unarguable talent. They sit 20th in the table on 37 points, just one ahead of the bottom three.

WHAT TO EXPECT FROM FULHAM

After appointing Slavisa Jokanovic as Kit Symons` replacement in December, the Fulham faithful were filled with optimism. But the Yugoslavian has found the reins difficult and has made safety a priority this term.

Ross McCormack has 21 goals and Moussa Dembele has contributed with 14 which makes their struggles even more baffling. But only one team (Charlton) have conceded more goals that Fulham who have shipped 63.

The style of football is decent and their squad has enough talent to warrant a better league position - but Fulham`s failure to defend has put them in grave danger of dropping to League One. Six years ago today, Fulham thrashed Juventus 4-1 at Craven Cottage in the Europa League.

HOME COMFORTS?...

Thank goodness we`re back at St. Andrew`s. Blues` form in B9 has been good, their form away from home has been poor. For the first time in several weeks, Blues` play-off destiny is out of their hands. Four points separate Blues from the top six but they do have a game in hand - at home to Leeds.

Gary Rowett will hope the home form can carry his troops through while he looks to rectify the scoring troubles on the road.

THOUGHTS FROM VITAL FULHAM

Matters in recent weeks, whereby Fulham have lost three home games on the bounce, against Middlesbrough, Burnley and Bristol City, have seen Fulham drop into the relegation fight.

From feeling that we were comfortably safe, we now find that our form has left us in the perilous position whereby we`re only a point off of the relegation battle.

With a tough away fixture against Birmingham City coming up this weekend, the possibility exists that come the end of the weekend, Fulham could be in the bottom three, what we`d call real squeaky-bum time.

However, whilst our plight is looking as if a relegation dog-fight is well and truly on the cards, it seems that one player is being protected from the anguish hurt and emotional damage a relegation battle causes.

Our friends over at GetWestLondon are implying that Slavisa Jokanovic is taking steps to protect our young American midfielder Emerson Hyndman, who is just 19.

Personally, I reckon it`s time for all hands to the pump, relegation is not something we need, want or should have to suffer! - Andrew Joyce (fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk)

THE FANS VIEWS

@JamieVaide - Seems like only a year ago that we were celebrating the fifth anniversary of the win over Juventus. #FFC

@dankentproducer - 6 years ago today we dominated juventus and now we are about to get relegated to league one #ffc

@samfulham - Happy Fulham 4 Juve 1 day! Now to be chronically depressed at how far in the wrong way we've gone since then #ffc

Read more: http://www.birmingham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=439614#ixzz43Knuabk9

WhiteJC

Fabbrini 50/50 for Fulham

Gary Rowett says that Diego Fabbrini will be given a late fitness test ahead of tomorrow's home game against Fulham.

The Italian forward has been suffering from a badly bruised toe, which he further injured in training earlier this week.

"Diego got a kick on the toe on Monday and has missed most of training this week," said the Blues boss.

"He's been struggling because he had a bruised toe when he first came to the Club, but it wasn't sufficient enough not to sign him of course and he was okay to play.

"He's just been managing that pain and he's had to cut a big hole out of his boot so it alleviates the pressure and he's been training and playing like that.

"He got a whack in the game before Wolves, and he got a whack in training Monday.

"We're at a point now where we either inject it and try and get him through the next game, or we leave him and try and make sure he's ready when we come back off the international break, so we'll make that decision this morning."

On a more positive note both James Vaughan and Nicolai Brock-Madsen have returned to full training after recovering from their respective injuries.

That means that the only other player who remains sidelined is Neal Eardley (cruciate ligament).

Read more at http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/diego-fabbrini-birmingham-city-3013240.aspx#Yz4eDsGvQ7QWYH18.99

WhiteJC

International Call-Ups

Details of the Fulham players called up for international duty. Any further call-ups will be detailed on fulhamfc.com in due course.

Senior squad

Nikolay Bodurov (out on loan) – Bulgaria (Friendlies)

Jesse Joronen – Finland (Friendlies)

Jazz Richards – Wales (Friendlies)

George Williams (out on loan) – Wales (Friendlies)

Under-21s

Liam Donnelly – Northern Ireland (UEFA U21 Qualifiers)

Jordan Evans (out on loan) – Wales (UEFA U21 Qualifiers)

Jack Grimmer (out on loan) – Scotland (UEFA U21 Qualifiers)

Sean Kavanagh (out on loan) – Republic of Ireland (UEFA U21 Qualifier)

Marek Rodák – Slovakia (UEFA U21 Qualifier)

Under-20s

Moussa Dembélé – France (Friendly)

Under-17s

Dennis Adeniran – England (Elite Round Qualifiers)

Mikolaj Kwietniewski – Poland (Elite Round Qualifiers)

Ryan Sessegnon – England (Elite Round Qualifiers)

Under-16s

Matt O'Riley – England (Montaigu Tournament)

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/march/18/international-call-ups?

WhiteJC

Birmingham City v Fulham

Venue: St. Andrew's Stadium

BBC coverage
How to follow:
Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website

TEAM NEWS
Birmingham striker Diego Fabbrini may miss out with a bruised toe, an injury he has carried since he signed for the Blues in January.

James Vaughan (calf) and Nicolai Brock-Madsen (thigh) are both available.

Fulham defender Chris Baird is hoping to shake off the knock he suffered in the recent draw at Reading and play for the first time in three games.

Striker Cauley Woodrow, back from a broken bone in his foot, is looking to start after returning last weekend.

MATCH FACTS
Birmingham, who beat Fulham 5-2 earlier in the season, are looking to do the double over them for the first time since 1991/92 when both teams competed in the third tier.
The Cottagers have won four of their last seven to trips to St. Andrew's in all competitions (D1 L2), including winning each of the last two.
Birmingham have won six and lost one of the last seven league games at St. Andrew's, keeping five clean sheets in the process.
Ross McCormack has scored in three consecutive Championship appearances for the second time this season (also in November, four apps).
Indeed, during both runs he scored vs Reading, Burnley and Bristol City and in the run back in November, his fourth consecutive goal was against the Blues.
Fulham have won only one of their last 11 away matches (D5 L5) - versus local rivals QPR in February.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35791100

WhiteJC

Fredericks: All Minds On Birmingham

Ryan Fredericks believes the Fulham squad have moved on from the result against Bristol City and insists all minds are focused on Birmingham City.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/march/18/fredericks-birmingham-preview?

WhiteJC

Preview: Blues v Fulham

A full match preview ahead of Saturday's Sky Bet Championship fixture between Blues and Fulham at St. Andrew's (3pm kick-off).

Gary Rowett on the timing of the international break coming after the Fulham game...
"Saturday's game is obviously going to be a huge game in terms of we need to start winning games quickly. You could have a pretty good argument to say our game in hand is at home, and if we were to replicate the home form we have shown over the last six-seven games then if we won that game we would be one point off the play-offs with ten games to go. When I said at the start of the season 'If we can be in touching distance of the play-offs', genuinely I was talking about five-six points, somewhere where there is still something to play for. But we are very much still in the mix, which I think is a fantastic achievement. As much as we really need to win Saturday's game, I think every team needs to win their next game. That two week break I don't think is a bad thing for us. We come back off that with fresh players, ready to go with a decent squad."

Gary Rowett asked if he was disappointed with Blues only ppicking up a point in their last game against Wolves...
"I don't think I did come away disappointed, I came away feeling we should have won. I thought we played well in the second half, we were dominant and with the chances we created - that's all you can ask. I spoke to them through the week, I was a little bit tougher with them last week, and I made them do certain things which we have not done before. We have always tried to give a little bit of licence to the players but I made them do certain things and we were quite open with that. And they did exactly what we asked them to do. The hard bit in this division is to finish those chances off."

Gary Rowett on Blues' need to maintain their excellent home form...
"We've got to maintain the form we've shown at home. We've won six out of the last seven and I think we're second in the home form charts over the last ten games in a division full of fantastic teams. Over the last ten games I think we've taken more points than two of the teams in the play-off places at the minute. We're pretty pleased with where we are."

Gary Rowett on what he expects from Fulham...
"It is a really strange game to prepare for because of course you work out how you can stop the opposition and exploit spaces. Down there we defended really well and sometimes with our team the better we defend, the more space there is to attack. With Fulham they score as many goals as anyone else in this division. I think they are second top scorers. They've got three players in their team that I'm sure almost everyone in the Championship would sign in Dembele, McCormack and Tom Cairney who can really cause you problems. In a lot of the games I've seen them they pass the ball terrifically well and as well as anyone in the division. But then on the flip side they've not defended anywhere near as well. Although this is one in which both teams have to win, I don't necessarily think the best way of winning it is just to become an open free-for-all game and just hope that you score more than them. Because if they're one of the top scorers, that might be a dangerous way of approaching the game."

Fulham boss Slaviša Jokanović's comments...
"I am confident we have enough quality in the team to resolve the situation that we are in. At the same time, I understand why fans are unhappy in this situation, it's completely natural but it's a moment for us to be all together, and it's a moment to support my team and push hard to resolve this situation. We need to be more solid, more competitive, and we must compete until the last seconds of the game. Generally, this team played many good games of football; this team had better possession of the ball than the top teams in the Championship. We shoot more times than the opposite team shoot in the goal. It's simple, it's not enough. We don't find what is more important in football; the result. We've been working this week on simplifying things and trying to be more effective than we have been. I expect we will have to be stronger, more solid, and concentrate more. This team scored many goals, and we need to find some security for the back, and it's important we get a clean sheet."

Blues team news...
Diego Fabbrini will be given a late fitness test after further injuring a badly bruised toe. James Vaughan and Nicolai Brock-Madsen have both returned to full training after recovering from their respective calf and thigh injuries. Neal Eardley (cruciate ligament) is the only Blues player definitely out.

Ticket news...
Tickets are on general sale. For prices and purchasing options, please click here for more details.

Match officials...
Darren Handley will take charge of Saturday's game at St. Andrew's. So far this season the Lancashire-based official has refereed 26 games, where he has produced a total of 91 yellow cards and four reds. The last time he refereed a Blues match was our Championship home fixture against Norwich City in January 2015. That game ended in a 0-0 draw, with two Norwich players being the only ones cautioned. Mr Handley will be assisted by Dean Treleaven and Joe Simpson.

Supporter behaviour...
The Club urges all supporters to refrain from anti-social behaviour and conduct themselves in the correct manner at all our games, inside and outside the ground. The overwhelming majority of our support is well behaved, law-abiding and the passionate backing the team receives is greatly appreciated. However, as a Club we have a zero tolerance policy in regard to anti-social behaviour and spectator misconduct. This includes - amongst other things - drunkenness, throwing of coins and use and carrying of pyrotechnics (flares, smoke bombs).In particular, the throwing of coins and other missiles is extremely dangerous and is not tolerated whatsoever. This is a very serious offence and any supporter identified to have committed this and other such acts will banned by the Club and also subject to the possibility of criminal prosecution. Birmingham City Football Club will continue to work closely with the police, football authorities and ground authorities to stamp out all types spectator misconduct. We would also like to remind supporters that if there are incidents of this nature in the future the Football Association have the power to impose a serious financial penalty on the Club and order matches to be played behind closed doors. The Club urges all supporters to assist us and help eradicate unlawful practices. Thank you.

Form guide - last five league games...
Blues: WLWLD
Fulham: DLDLL

Last five meetings Blues and Fulham...
Championship 07 November 2015  Fulham  2 - 5  Blues     
Championship 07 February 2015   Fulham  1 - 1  Blues     
Championship 27 September 2014   Blues  1 - 2  Fulham     
Premier League 15 May 2011   Blues  0 - 2  Fulham     
Premier League 27 November 2010   Fulham  1 - 1  Blues

Line-ups last league game...
Blues (v Wolves): Kuszczak, Caddis, Morrison, Spector, Grounds, Gleeson, Davis, Cotterill, Kieftenbeld (Maghoma 55), Toral, Donaldson.
Subs not used:  Legzdins, Robinson, Fabbrini, Arthur, Buckley, Shotton.

Fulham (v Bristol City): Lonergan, Madl, Burn, Amorebieta, Fredericks, Cairney, Parker (O'Hara 80), Tunnicliffe, Garbutt (Ream 77), McCormack, Dembele (Woodrow 85).
Subs not used:  Bettinelli, Richards, Smith, Hyndman.

Betting...
If you want to place a bet on the game, use Sky Bet, the official sponsors of the Football League. A win for Blues is priced at 11/10, the draw at 12/5 and a Fulham victory at 12/5.

Other Sky Bet Championship games this weekend...
Saturday 19 March
Derby v Nottm Forest 12:30   
Brentford v Blackburn 15:00   
Bristol City v Bolton 15:00   
Burnley v Wolves 15:00   
Ipswich v Rotherham 15:00   
Leeds v  Huddersfield 15:00   
MK Dons v Brighton 15:00   
Preston v QPR 15:00   
Reading v Cardiff 15:00   
Sheff Wed v Charlton 15:00 

Read more at http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/birmingham-city-fulham-3011694.aspx#kJPlWWfQMej0A3Vx.99

WhiteJC

Unbelievable Jeff!

Club representatives will join Jeff Stelling when he visits Craven Cottage as part of his epic charity walk for Prostate Cancer UK.

The long-standing host of Sky's Soccer Saturday will complete 10 walking marathons in as many days, from boyhood club Hartlepool United to Wembley between 21-30 March.

Clocking in at more than 250 miles, Jeff's Men United March will see the 60-year-old check in on 31 football clubs. He'll be at the home of the Whites on 30th March during his final 26-mile stretch from AFC Wimbledon to Wembley. Fulham fans can join Jeff for the full day, or on a shorter six-mile section from Brentford's Griffin Park to Stevenage Road, and raise money to help fight prostate cancer. Places are very limited and by application only at menunitedmarch.org

Jeff said: "I deal in statistics – but the ones we're dealing with here are shocking. One man dies every hour from this disease, that's six in the course of Soccer Saturday every week. One in eight men will get prostate cancer, and for black men the odds are even worse at one in four.

"Within the next 10 years Prostate Cancer UK believes they'll find the answers to make this disease something men and their loved ones no longer fear. I've met the scientists who pledge to do this and I can see how dedicated they are. But do to this we need to raise vital funds - and I need everyone to support me and all the men affected by prostate cancer by visiting menunitedmarch.org and pledging their support."

Prostate Cancer UK is the Official Charity Partner of The Football League.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/march/18/unbelievable-jeff?

WhiteJC

Birmingham v Fulham: What the bookies are backing

What odds the bookies are offering for the Blues match against Fulham this weekend

Birmingham City take on Fulham this weekend after picking up just one point from their last two fixtures.

Gary Rowett will be hoping his men can get their playoff push back on track against a Fulham side sliding towards the drop zone

The Cottagers have won just two matches since the turn of the year and are hovering one point above the bottom three.

The Blues are favourites to take the three points at 6/5, with a draw at 5/2 - the visitors are further out 21/10.

In terms of scores however, the result favoured by SkyBet is a 1-1 tie at 5/1, followed by a Birmingham 1-0 or 2-1 win at 15/2.

A Fulham 1-0 win is at 9/1, with a Birmingham 2-0 victory at 10/1 and 0-0 and 2-2 draws both at 11/1.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-v-fulham-what-bookies-11062364?

WhiteJC

Ipswich Town's Ben Pringle reflects on his Rotherham United rollercoaster ride

Ben Pringle celebrates his goal at Huddersfield during the first half

Ipswich Town loanee Ben Pringle has reflected on the turbulent bookends to his four-year career at Rotherham ahead of the south Yorkshire side's visit to Portman Road tomorrow.

The Blues, just a point adrift of the Championship play-off places following Tuesday night's 2-0 home win over Blackburn, face a resurgent Millers team.

Experienced boss Neil Warnock came out of retirement to take over at The New York Stadium last month and has overseen impressive wins over Brentford, Sheffield Wednesday and Middlesbrough, as well as a dramatic come-from-behind 3-3 draw with Derby.

It's another chapter in a rollercoaster few years for a club that was in League Two just three years ago, midfielder Pringle having played a major part in their two promotions and successful fight against the drop prior to a Bosman switch to Fulham last summer.

"I wasn't playing regularly for Derby in the Championship, so I decided to drop down to League Two," explained the 26-year-old.

"Andy Scott signed me there. He sold me the dream but my first year there ended up being an absolute nightmare. For some reason I wasn't his cup of tea and it was the worst time in my career.

"I was asking him what I needed to do to improve and get in the team and the answer was something different every week. At one stage, I didn't have a day off in six weeks through my own choice. I didn't want to give him any reason to say I wasn't working hard enough.

"As time went on I think it just got personal. I wasn't even in the squad. It got to the point when I was going to leave. I was getting paid up but on the day that I was going to leave, the manager called me in and said 'I need you to play'. It was said as though nothing had happened over the 
previous eight months.

"As much as you feel like rebelling in that situation and saying no, you have to be professional. I didn't really think I had a choice. I was on the bench, went on and scored.

"Two weeks later Andy was sacked. I felt relieved, but I still shook his hand on his last day and we've moved on. That situation happens in football all the time."

He continued: "I played virtually every match there when Steve Evans was the manager. There were about eight or nine of us who were regulars in the side for two or three seasons.

"He liked me so I was lucky but for the lads who would come in and play two or three games and then get left out, or annoy him over something, it must have been difficult for them.

"If you got on the wrong side of him, he could turn very easily and make life difficult for you. On his day, he could be a nightmare to deal with. You had to adjust to what he was like but as I said, I was lucky, he liked me!"

On his departure, Pringle added: "There were six or seven of us who said to the club after we got promoted at Wembley that we would happily sign if they gave us a fair deal.

"We had come from League Two so we weren't on the highest wages and we were just looking for a fair reward but the club stalled and we got to January last year and nothing had been spoken about at all.

"Rotherham tried to cash in and told me they had accepted a bid from Millwall. They were below us in the league though, they were bottom I think. The club wanted me to go there but I refused to do that."

Having started the first six games of his loan spell at Town, Pringle could return to the team tomorrow after dropping to the bench in midweek.

"I came here to play football," he said. "It's a different mentality here because Ipswich are up near the top of the league while at Fulham, it was all about staying clear of the relegation places. That's a nice change and I'm enjoying it."

http://www.sudburymercury.co.uk/sport/ipswich_town_s_ben_pringle_reflects_on_his_rotherham_united_rollercoaster_ride_1_4462846

WhiteJC

Birmingham City v Fulham: Will Blues versus the Cottagers be resistible or irresistible?

Can Blues maintain their perfect pre-international break record?

Birmingham City have the chance to claw their way back into the play-off picture at home to troubled Fulham this weekend.

Here are some things to look out for at St Andrew's.

To what extent will Blues still be in the play-off race by 5pm?
Regardless of what happens elsewhere victory keeps them in the hunt going into the penultimate month of the season, particularly with a game in hand.

But if they lose further ground it could be difficult to claw back a six or seven point deficit on sixth place, much less Derby in fifth.

Play-off bound teams need to be hitting their stride at this stage of the season, not having one game on, one game off.

The irresistible force comes up against the immovable object.
Which will prevail? Fulham's potent attacking game, including the league's second top scorer Ross McCormack and the gifted Moussa Dembele which has plundered 56 goals this term. McCormack and Dembele have 31 between them.

Or will they find Blues' defence too tough a nut to crack? Blues have kept five clean sheets in their last seven home games. Tomasz Kuszczak has kept the third most in the league, it doesn't seem to matter who's playing with Michael Morrison.

The resistible force versus the movable object.
On the flip side Blues' goals have dried to a trickle. They haven't notched in any of their last five away matches - and have only bagged three goals in the last three home matches, two 1-0 victories over Bolton and Hull and one in a losing effort to Sheffield Wednesday.

But if there's a defence you want to have a crack at it's Fulham's. Only Charlton have conceded more than Fulham's 63.

All of which means it could be 0-0, 5-5 or anything in between.

The battle of the battlers
Has David Davis done enough to keep his place in the side.

The scrapper made an excellent return to the team at Wolves in what was his first start since January 30.

But the hurly-burly of a local derby suited his skill-set, can he be as effective in a home match where goals will be required?

If Gary Rowett thinks so he could start instead of Maikel Kieftenbeld or the Blues boss could go really conservative and start with all three central midfielders.

Can Blues retain their outstanding pre-international break record?
For some reason Birmingham love emptying the tank in the fixture before an international match.

They've won at MK Dons, Leeds and Fulham in their final fixture before a lay-off so far this season, can they make it a Grand Slam at home to the Whites?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-v-fulham-blues-11063910?

WhiteJC

One To Watch: Moussa Dembele

Tomorrow Birmingham City play host to Fulham in the hope that we can start a string of great results after a few disappointing set backs such as the defeat to Blackburn. The away side has a familiar face amongst its squad with Dan Burn, the ex BCFC loanee playing for the Cottagers.

Now, the game will not be easy by any stretch of the imagination and we really need to be on our toes in order to cut out the defensive errors that cost us so dearly in that mid week match that I mentioned above. We have defended resolutely for most of the season but it just shows that lapses in concentration can lose you games.

In terms of choosing my one to watch this week, it was exceedingly difficult. Despite being an inconsistent team, Fulham has several star players who could cause major problems if they're in the starting 11 come Saturday. McCormack and Cairney have been on fire in front of goal in recent weeks and the experience of Parker, Baird and O'Hara compliment the likes of Fredericks. But the man that I have chosen for the one to watch this week is Moussa Dembele.

Dembele is often overlooked due to his namesake who plays for Tottenham Hotspur. Many have joked in the press about the name being the same, often implying that the Spurs man is by far superior. This may have been the case in years gone by, but I would be very surprised if Moussa Dembele of Fulham hasn't attracted interest from the Premier League.

His stats, which I have acquired from a very extensive range on the Fulham website, shows just how influential he is for the team. In 38 appearances (31 starts) he has scored 14 goals which is a brilliant return considering he is often the assister to the in form McCormack.
Dribbles (Successful)30
Corners Won   25
Chances Created   28
Assists   4
Touches   1,303
Passes (Successful) 525
Through Balls   2

However, this doesn't show the true picture to what he is capable of. He is as strong as an ox despite not looking like the most physical player. I admire how well he holds the ball up but he also has the pace to get in behind strikers. In this respect he reminds me of Ighalo, the Watford striker. He is also very very good in the air and will score a lot of goals. All of his 14 goals have come from inside of the box which shows how well he gets into goal scoring opportunities.

Read more: http://www.birmingham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=439733#ixzz43Ktu1kDc