more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

PR

Started by nose, March 19, 2016, 05:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

i believe we need more pr and half time announcements
i think mr khan should abandon the football and concentrate on having a nice web site, pretty ads on buses and amazing invitations to buy seson tckets

I think i want more videos of the chairman looking concerned at motspur park.

OR

Perhaps mr khan can be persuaded to pull his finger out, understand the next game is more important since any since we played portsmouth and turn up, sit in the chairman's seat for the whole 90 minutes. His lack of vision and leadership is stunning.... looking at Leicester makes me so unhappy, we were in so much better a position than them when mr khan arrived and now we are on the verge of league one, in the end he is totally responsible because he has employed all the wrong people, kept them in place till now and the board are totally, i repeat, totally useless.... Joca is the first ray of light but we have a squad that is third rate at best, the fiction writers on the MB that say we have quality should be ashamed of themselves for peddling that myth. 
Leicester show what can be done with a proper owner and a bit of imagination.

Depressing and it is what i predicted at the start of the season, everyone else seemed to think we could make the playoffs, even the negligent board!

GrahamG

There might be the odd word I disagree with (Joca is at best unconvincing as yet) but in the main....   +1

H4usuallysitting

I still think we have a good squad and good individual players - but, we are a team and are not organised - and while Joca picks a different team each week we will stay the same......I'm not convinced by Joca, but I really want him to succeed

H4usuallysitting

Should read....not a team

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 19, 2016, 05:36:38 PM
Should read....not a team

You can correct a post. Just press Modify above your post.

jarv

Clearly we all want Joca to succeed, Khan to succeed, the players to succeed. It's like owning your favourite old car. You love it, you want it to pass the mot, start cleaning up the rust and all you find is......more rust.  (I have personal experience).

No matter what, it is time to replace the rusty, leaking defence and move on next season. Even in division 3.

nose

what I am sure you all realise I am saying here is look at leicester and what they did with focus and imagination.

since this owner arrived we have brilliant PR, lovely film of the owner recently at Motspur park, wonderful season ticket packs with notepads etc.... and a shambles in the running of the team.

apersonally i now think we have the right manager and hopefully in summer we will get the right players too. From day one I have disagreed with so many on the MB about the perceived quality of the squad, i think i am being proved right. Joca cannot do the ipmossible and woth this squad it is impossible. we have a couplke of players that have such fiction written about their ability Dickens and shakspear woiuld be proud. Only ross is actually consistently any good, he has vision and talent and must be wondering how he came from the mad house at leeds to the assylum here.

the board are entirely and wholy responsible for this shambles and the owner has allowed it and continues to allow it. I have supoported him because i believe his heart is well placed but if he does not show up for 90 minutes V MK dons then I personally (and I feel sure he isn't in the slightest bothered) will call for him to go whatever the result!  We need proper leadership and have none, what is the point of an owner that isn't interested at all. I do not want another promo video, time he showed up, the whole situationat fulham is as ridiculous as blackburn or leeds, possibly worse!

ron

This board at times is, just as they say about second marriages 'the triumph of hope over experience'. I'm as guilty as anyone else at times, but the evidence is stacking up that Khan is a disinterested 'absentee landlord' (and deserves the reputation that such people gained years ago), while his appointees do little as the ship heads towards the rocks.. SJ was hired as a breath of fresh air who was charged with the responsibility of altering the ship's course despite...despite.... the best efforts of the remaining officers to run it aground ....by using the players to be an effective crew. He is failing in this as the club drops further down the league ladder. He may come good in time to come, but that wasn't his first duty.

What to do? ... the situation is now serious enough to consider all options, such as promoting him to director of football and bringing in an old pro of a manager (If we are still worried about the cost of constructive dismissal, which is chicken feed against the cost of relegation to the third division), or changing him for someone else who may ignite the vital spark, and a few three pointers.

Another change? of course it's not what any of us wants...but anyone has to admit that he looks lost in the position is in, and the clock ticks on.....   

nose

Quote from: ron on March 20, 2016, 11:43:32 AM
This board at times is, just as they say about second marriages 'the triumph of hope over experience'. I'm as guilty as anyone else at times, but the evidence is stacking up that Khan is a disinterested 'absentee landlord' (and deserves the reputation that such people gained years ago), while his appointees do little as the ship heads towards the rocks.. SJ was hired as a breath of fresh air who was charged with the responsibility of altering the ship's course despite...despite.... the best efforts of the remaining officers to run it aground ....by using the players to be an effective crew. He is failing in this as the club drops further down the league ladder. He may come good in time to come, but that wasn't his first duty.

What to do? ... the situation is now serious enough to consider all options, such as promoting him to director of football and bringing in an old pro of a manager (If we are still worried about the cost of constructive dismissal, which is chicken feed against the cost of relegation to the third division), or changing him for someone else who may ignite the vital spark, and a few three pointers.

Another change? of course it's not what any of us wants...but anyone has to admit that he looks lost in the position is in, and the clock ticks on.....   

i do not happen to think any more changes would be helpful
i do think the results have been extremely disapointing but the team is playing better
i also believe if we keep joca, we will be promoted next season, i have said so for a while and remain with that view... he seems to know what he is doing BUT there is no way this bunch of players is any good

alfie

Quote from: nose on March 20, 2016, 11:15:28 AM
what I am sure you all realise I am saying here is look at leicester and what they did with focus and imagination.

since this owner arrived we have brilliant PR, lovely film of the owner recently at Motspur park, wonderful season ticket packs with notepads etc.... and a shambles in the running of the team.

apersonally i now think we have the right manager and hopefully in summer we will get the right players too. From day one I have disagreed with so many on the MB about the perceived quality of the squad, i think i am being proved right. Joca cannot do the ipmossible and woth this squad it is impossible. we have a couplke of players that have such fiction written about their ability Dickens and shakspear woiuld be proud. Only ross is actually consistently any good, he has vision and talent and must be wondering how he came from the mad house at leeds to the assylum here.

the board are entirely and wholy responsible for this shambles and the owner has allowed it and continues to allow it. I have supoported him because i believe his heart is well placed but if he does not show up for 90 minutes V MK dons then I personally (and I feel sure he isn't in the slightest bothered) will call for him to go whatever the result!  We need proper leadership and have none, what is the point of an owner that isn't interested at all. I do not want another promo video, time he showed up, the whole situationat fulham is as ridiculous as blackburn or leeds, possibly worse!
The point about him showing up goes on and on, but how would him sitting up in the directors box for 90 minutes make a difference to the players, on the pitch, I realise and accept that this is your opinion and fair play to you, but my boss coming and sitting watching me for 90 minutes or so would make no difference to the way i work, the errors that give away last minute goals can only be changed by the players, when MAF moved to Switzerland he very rarely came, Khan lives even further away.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

nose

Quote from: alfie on March 20, 2016, 02:53:17 PM

The point about him showing up goes on and on, but how would him sitting up in the directors box for 90 minutes make a difference to the players, on the pitch, I realise and accept that this is your opinion and fair play to you, but my boss coming and sitting watching me for 90 minutes or so would make no difference to the way i work, the errors that give away last minute goals can only be changed by the players, when MAF moved to Switzerland he very rarely came, Khan lives even further away.

when Maf wasa the manager he turned up when he was needed
First rule of War and management, when things are going wrong, expose yourself, lead from the front, show leadership. Be present, unite the troops, fisrt day at any second rate management course would teach you that.
Being absent when it is going worng is sending bad messages to the team and the crowd, it spells couldn't care less and neglect.
It's not so much my opinion, i couldn't care less for myself, I just happen to run a very successful long term business and this much I do know.

Mr Khan, has created a shambles out of a relatively base and to put it right he has to come hiumself and impose his will on the management and the team.
MAF would be here, he would be visible and he would be trying to inspire.
Standard management stuff.

nose

oh and alfie, i know we don'at always see eye to eyte, but sometimes we do. in this case I am absolutely certain of what i say, this isn't team selection or what player is better than another. we both want the same thing, no doubt about that and i am 100% certain the owner turning up to the game would have made a difference and still might. it's what he has to do.

davew

I think they should read out the top 10 posts made on this forum in the week, with suitable prizes!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Reznor

Quote from: nose on March 20, 2016, 09:26:43 PM
Quote from: alfie on March 20, 2016, 02:53:17 PM

when Maf wasa the manager he turned up when he was needed
First rule of War and management, when things are going wrong, expose yourself, lead from the front, show leadership. Be present, unite the troops, fisrt day at any second rate management course would teach you that.
Being absent when it is going worng is sending bad messages to the team and the crowd, it spells couldn't care less and neglect.
It's not so much my opinion, i couldn't care less for myself, I just happen to run a very successful long term business and this much I do know.

Mr Khan, has created a shambles out of a relatively base and to put it right he has to come hiumself and impose his will on the management and the team.
MAF would be here, he would be visible and he would be trying to inspire.
Standard management stuff.

Khan is ridiculous. He is sugar coated in corporate hundreds and thousands. If he does turn up he'll probably wear a big hat advertising Florida Holidays, watch 60 minutes and then attend a meeting going over his idea for the latest promotional idea, 'Revival, Survival. The Fulham Way' Bumper stickers!

Southdowns White

If the club could get the product right on the pitch he wouldn't need a ridiculous marketing department as our ground and shop would be full up every week. we wouldn't need to offer free travel to Brighton and other places as when we have something to play for we turn up in our thousands.

Logicalman

Nose, I don't disagree with most of what you say, but this turning up for 90 minutes isn't really the answer, is it? As exhibit one I give you Mike Ashley, turns up to every game, wears the shirt, cheers when they win, still has a smile on his face when they lose, but they are still in the same crap position we are (notwithstanding in the Prem of Course - but the same applies).

If Khan stayed away every match, but applied a board that was worthy of running the club correctly, nobody would care a hoot, or they shouldn't unless they have their own agenda outside of the club doing well of course.

As for Leicester, if that was not a once in a generation occurrence, then it would be a great example, but for all those pieces to fall into place the way they did, it's still a dream for other clubs.

I hope SK comes good, I hope he realizes before it is too late that the board is not up to scratch, but I won't hold my breath.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

nose

Quote from: Logicalman on March 21, 2016, 12:25:55 PM

Nose, I don't disagree with most of what you say, but this turning up for 90 minutes isn't really the answer, is it? As exhibit one I give you Mike Ashley, turns up to every game, wears the shirt, cheers when they win, still has a smile on his face when they lose, but they are still in the same crap position we are (notwithstanding in the Prem of Course - but the same applies).

If Khan stayed away every match, but applied a board that was worthy of running the club correctly, nobody would care a hoot, or they shouldn't unless they have their own agenda outside of the club doing well of course.

As for Leicester, if that was not a once in a generation occurrence, then it would be a great example, but for all those pieces to fall into place the way they did, it's still a dream for other clubs.

I hope SK comes good, I hope he realizes before it is too late that the board is not up to scratch, but I won't hold my breath.

Well I agree our owner showing up by itself will not make us win. But when things are going badly it would be a real physical representation of leadership, the captain at the helm and all that . It would show a spirit of t all in it together, and IMO the effect should not be underestimated. If nothing else he should be there for the biggest game of the season V MK Dons, not being there sends all the wrong messages. Now that is my opinion and in fairness Mr Khan hasn't seen fit to listen to me in anyway shape or form since he took over.

Obviously if the board did its job we would have been more succesful and he would not now need to show the leadership i request. And that is the point, he should show up because it is not going well. If it was going well and he chose to stay away then nobody would really be that bothered. Leadership is essential under adverse conditions, management is what is needed when it's going well, we have neither.

Regarding Mr ashley, I suspect him showing up has a wholy negative effect but he is an exceptional case.

leiecester are worth consiodering because it shows not to adopt a negative attitude. Things can be better. they were bottom with 8 or 9 games to go and the next season challenging for the title..... the art of the positive and a chairman that showed some leadership.

Reznor

Quote from: nose on March 21, 2016, 02:44:18 PM

Well I agree our owner showing up by itself will not make us win. But when things are going badly it would be a real physical representation of leadership, the captain at the helm and all that . It would show a spirit of t all in it together, and IMO the effect should not be underestimated. If nothing else he should be there for the biggest game of the season V MK Dons, not being there sends all the wrong messages. Now that is my opinion and in fairness Mr Khan hasn't seen fit to listen to me in anyway shape or form since he took over.

Obviously if the board did its job we would have been more succesful and he would not now need to show the leadership i request. And that is the point, he should show up because it is not going well. If it was going well and he chose to stay away then nobody would really be that bothered. Leadership is essential under adverse conditions, management is what is needed when it's going well, we have neither.

Regarding Mr ashley, I suspect him showing up has a wholy negative effect but he is an exceptional case.

leiecester are worth consiodering because it shows not to adopt a negative attitude. Things can be better. they were bottom with 8 or 9 games to go and the next season challenging for the title..... the art of the positive and a chairman that showed some leadership.

To be honest Nose I think that ship has sailed and the next time Khan turns up he'll probably get in the neck from some supporters. I speak to very few now who have anything good to say about him.

nose

Quote from: Reznor on March 21, 2016, 03:25:50 PM
Quote from: nose on March 21, 2016, 02:44:18 PM

To be honest Nose I think that ship has sailed and the next time Khan turns up he'll probably get in the neck from some supporters. I speak to very few now who have anything good to say about him.

i see the good in people.
In think mr khan would be welcomed if he showed up. especially for the next game
however, i thionk you are correct, i doubt he has the sense to join in. That being so i see no sense in his purchasing fulham. He has ruined the team on the pitch and doesn't ever show up so why buy the club, it makes no sense.

love4ffc

The right PR can go a long way and I have to agree with the OP that if Khan and Company would do more of it, more fans would be compelled to get behind them and the team. 

A lack of communication breeds assumptions.  Assumptions can lead to misunderstanding, frustration and anger of the unknown.  Currently there is too much unknown at the club and it's future. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?