watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Point gained rather than 2 lost?

Started by Wearethewhites, March 19, 2016, 05:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

I know this sounds a bit, well, stupid, I'd have like all 3 points at the end of the day, but if we'd have played Jokanovic's usual attacking formation, I'm pretty that we'd have come away from Birmingham with nothing.

Yes, another goal from a corner, I'm kind of resigned to the fact that this won't improve until we have a summer overhaul on the defence, but he set us up not to lose, and lose we didn't.

Birmingham is a tough, tough place to go and get anything, they are set up not to leak goals, and are well drilled. Think they've only conceded 35 and have a goal difference of plus 6 (or something similar).

Anyway, we remain out the bottom 3, not by a lot, which most expected not to be leading into the international break, so we go again.

Unlike Bristol City, MK Dons now becomes a must win game, but today, for me, I see it as a good point gained rather than 2 lost.

bobby01

Quote from: Wearethewhites on March 19, 2016, 05:44:36 PM
I know this sounds a bit, well, stupid, I'd have like all 3 points at the end of the day, but if we'd have played Jokanovic's usual attacking formation, I'm pretty that we'd have come away from Birmingham with nothing.

Yes, another goal from a corner, I'm kind of resigned to the fact that this won't improve until we have a summer overhaul on the defence, but he set us up not to lose, and lose we didn't.

Birmingham is a tough, tough place to go and get anything, they are set up not to leak goals, and are well drilled. Think they've only conceded 35 and have a goal difference of plus 6 (or something similar).

Anyway, we remain out the bottom 3, not by a lot, which most expected not to be leading into the international break, so we go again.

Unlike Bristol City, MK Dons now becomes a must win game, but today, for me, I see it as a good point gained rather than 2 lost.
:plus one:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Fulham76

I think I would have taken a point before kick off. It's not an easy please to go & they're still pushing for a play off place & would probably have been expecting a win today.

MK Dons is a massive game & a chance to put a tiny bit of daylight between us & relegation.

Mince n Tatties

2 points lost.
Got gifted the lead and once again couldn't
hold on...Disappointing..

MJG

I'd have taken point before game and thought that the best we deserved today.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 19, 2016, 05:56:22 PM
2 points lost.

So it was 1 point gained then. Usually we throw it away and end up with nothing.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Wearethewhites on March 19, 2016, 06:02:56 PM
2 points lost.

So it was 1 point gained then. Usually we throw it away and end up with nothing.

How many times now have we given the lead away.
Them 2 points dropped today from winning position
might cost us in the end..

Bill2

Birmingham are not renown for goals scoring and have a good record in not conceding, so to get a point is not that bad a result.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 19, 2016, 06:23:29 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on March 19, 2016, 06:02:56 PM
2 points lost.

How many times now have we given the lead away.
Them 2 points dropped today from winning position
might cost us in the end..

To be fair Mince,that one point my save our bacon.
We shall see at the end of the season I guess.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

RaySmith

Yes, point gained.

That was battling performance - we ground out a result. When they equalised I thought we would lose  the game, but we held on through sheer grit and determination.

Onwards and upwards - COYW

Berserker

Point gained for me. Obviously disappointed somewhat we didn't win but it was a fair result
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

@jolslover

Point gained. Happy with that, at 2pm my mate asked me if i'd take a point and i said yes
STH H3

Lighthouse

Yes a good point gained. But the problem is the same every week. Poor at holding onto leads, poor organization in the second half. I am dreading the next games because we just keep on doing the same thing week in week out. There is no excitement in going a goal up because we can all predict we will concede and we just hope to hang on for a draw.

What the hell has happened to this team?

But yes a point gained.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

Well Slav's got two weeks to sort ot out so things may be different by the next match
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

davew

A point gained and a big surprise to me that we achieved that! I came home 10 minutes from the end saw the score and couldn't believe Ince scored for us let alone he was picked for this match, but never mind we are not down yet!! Definitely touch and go between us and MK Dons, Rotherham and Bristol City now performing miracles and won't be involved in the final battle to stay up!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Apprentice to the Maestro

If we were going for promotion a point away at Birmingham would be acceptable although, of course, you hope for more particularly with Bristol City and Rotherham in promotion chasing form.

Barrett487

We could 'draw' our way to relegation. I haven't seen the match, but we need to be getting 3 points, not one. A point a game on average has left us hovering just above the relegation zone. Just saying

ffcthereligion

I wouldnt have called it an Ince goal, pretty much a Kuskcak own goal

Funky Fulham Dave

A point apiece was just about right.

Started well as per usual and might have gone a couple of goals up before going back into our shell.

Great first half-save from Bettinelli but the usual suspect was again at fault for the Birmingham goal.

But credit where credit's due I suppose, so a big thumbs up for Stearman and Burn who both played very well.

GrahamG

In isolation a good point. But 2 points lost when you consider that we have had the lead at some point in 8 of the last 10 games (we didn't score in the other 2) and yet have won only twice. We have to find a way to win a scrappy 3 points and yesterday was a chance as was Bristol City before that and Burnley before that and Reading before that. We are obviously mentally fragile and if we don't get over that then we are going down.