watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slaviša Jokanović

Started by One James stannard, March 20, 2016, 09:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

I thought Stuart Grey was bought in to address our defensive frailties and so maybe the finger should be pointed at him?

MJG

Quote from: BestOfBrede on March 21, 2016, 12:14:34 PM
I thought Stuart Grey was bought in to address our defensive frailties and so maybe the finger should be pointed at him?
we ha e improved in many areas defensively. Avg goals conceded has reduced,  we are less vulnerable than before at corners. It's not perfect all,  but there has been a change.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: MJG on March 21, 2016, 12:17:28 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on March 21, 2016, 12:14:34 PM
we ha e improved in many areas defensively. Avg goals conceded has reduced,  we are less vulnerable than before at corners. It's not perfect all,  but there has been a change.
I agree MJG - I was just pointing out that a number of people are slaying SJ when maybe SG could be pointed at. We still score but we still let in. I'm all for backing SJ

Tonywa

[/quote]we ha e improved in many areas defensively. Avg goals conceded has reduced,  we are less vulnerable than before at corners. It's not perfect all,  but there has been a change.
[/quote]

I quite agree. It has been unexpected individual mistakes which have cost us so dearly in recent games and they're really difficult for a manager to cater for when preparing for a game.  Do as much as you can on shape and tactics on the training field but it won't eliminate errors like Nando giving away that ludicrous penalty at Reading or Garbutt's appalling misdirected pass against Bristol City.

kevin

he will completely overhaul our appalling defence and get some decent tough midfielders that are capable of getting us out of league 1

nose

unbelievable thread. anybody that has watched as much football as so many of us have must surely see that we are better than we were under kit, by about 1,000 miles. There was no rhyme or reason to how we played under him, we sometimes won because the dice rolled kindly not because we were properly prepared.

What is a major disappointment are the results. In each of the last four games, IMO just the rank poor quality of the players has killed us, not the tactics, not the motivation, not the fitness, the lack of ability and actually one or two of them their work ethic for the team have been the major foul up.

I suspect if money would have been available joca would have had mega surgery performed on the squad at christmas, but pre existing people squandered so much on such second rate talent we had an embargo placed on us.

The future is bright, because it is obvious joca is a good manager, i hope we do not get another knee jerk reaction from the incompetent board.

filham

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 20, 2016, 11:18:26 PM
I don't understand the OP. I too think we need to stop sacking managers. But how can you have full confidence in a manager to get us out of the mess he himself has created. His side on Saturday proved once again that he still has no real idea what team or formation he thinks is best.

So yes we all hope we stay up and we all hope the club stops sacking managers. But confidence? No none at all because there is no reason to have any. We still concede every game, we still concede soft goals, we can't hold a lead and under this new manager we haven't won many games. So what exactly is the full confidence coming from?

Yes , Lighthouse you are right of course but we really can't afford another change and we just have to give this guy our full support in the hope that we come out on the right side of this relegation battle.

The hard facts are that in his results judged job Jocanovic is doing worse than Kit was. Win the next three matches and we will quickly forget that.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 21, 2016, 11:36:49 AM
Quote from: J.Perkins on March 21, 2016, 11:30:49 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on March 20, 2016, 11:18:26 PM
I don't understand the OP. I too think we need to stop sacking managers. But how can you have full confidence in a manager to get us out of the mess he himself has created. His side on Saturday proved once again that he still has no real idea what team or formation he thinks is best.

So yes we all hope we stay up and we all hope the club stops sacking managers. But confidence? No none at all because there is no reason to have any. We still concede every game, we still concede soft goals, we can't hold a lead and under this new manager we haven't won many games. So what exactly is the full confidence coming from?

Point is invalid as soon as you said "his mess".

Plus, the team on Saturday was definitely a statement to the performance against Bristol. Previously, the team has been consistent.

Well without getting it all again. But you really can't say my point is invalid when you compare when he took over to where we are now. So I know some  fans want to believe we were in an awful mess before. But we were clearly not. We had many problems this season but being relegated was never going to be one of them until the last manager was sacked. So believe what you like but the facts are there for all to see.

Weak GK coaching. Physically weak defence. No defensive mids. No pace outwide. All needed to succeed in this division, and Symons got it all wrong.

Arthur

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 21, 2016, 11:52:20 AM
But the reason in October nobody thought we were in a relegation battle is we were not. We were never going to be... So please the facts THIS season are there for ALL to see.

I note that, on the basis we were mid-table - with 20 points from 16 matches - when Kit was dismissed, you state that we were never going to be in a relegation battle this season.

Yet, last season, we had as many as 28 points after 22 matches and still found ourselves battling against relegation going into April.

The fact of this matter is that last season shows that 'never' is not a valid claim.

The more we try and hide the fact that it was a mistake to sack Symons when we did the more likely we will sack SJ and start again on this silly slide down the leagues.

I note that you don't simply state: 'it was a mistake to sack Symons'. Instead, you qualify it with the words 'when we did'.

This clearly implies that you have it in mind when sacking him would not have been a mistake. When, therefore, would this have been? Two games later, had we lost both of those, for instance? (In which case, the magnitude of the mistake - assuming there were any - would only be small.)

If ever there was a comment, moreover, which reveals more than it actually says, this must be it. Read between the lines and it can be seen how it rankles that, despite our predicament, so many on here are cutting Jokanovic the slack that you believe Kit didn't receive.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Arthur on March 21, 2016, 06:33:58 PM
But the reason in October nobody thought we were in a relegation battle is we were not. We were never going to be... So please the facts THIS season are there for ALL to see.

I note that, on the basis we were mid-table - with 20 points from 16 matches - when Kit was dismissed, you state that we were never going to be in a relegation battle this season.

Yet, last season, we had as many as 28 points after 22 matches and still found ourselves battling against relegation going into April.

The fact of this matter is that last season shows that 'never' is not a valid claim.

The more we try and hide the fact that it was a mistake to sack Symons when we did the more likely we will sack SJ and start again on this silly slide down the leagues.

I note that you don't simply state: 'it was a mistake to sack Symons'. Instead, you qualify it with the words 'when we did'.

This clearly implies that you have it in mind when sacking him would not have been a mistake. When, therefore, would this have been? Two games later, had we lost both of those, for instance? (In which case, the magnitude of the mistake - assuming there were any - would only be small.)

If ever there was a comment, moreover, which reveals more than it actually says, this must be it. Read between the lines and it can be seen how it rankles that, despite our predicament, so many on here are cutting Jokanovic the slack that you believe Kit didn't receive.

I am not sure how many times I need to say the same thing. But as you clearly do not read any of my posts bar this one I shall repeat what I have said over a dozen times. So much so that others have said I keep on saying the same thing. So here we go again. Kit Symons should have been sacked either in the Summer before the start of the rebuild or at the end of this season if things were not working out. Instead we sacked him for not being close enough to the playoffs. We then took ages to find a replacement who naturally needed time to look at the squad and sort it out. Nobody would have thought our new manager would still be trying to sort it out. I have never been a fan, loved, or thought Symons was wonderful. But I do defend him from the absurd argument that things would have been worse or it is all his fault. SJ has been a massive disappointment but personally I do not think we can keep sacking managers. So read between as many lines as you like.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

There appears to be a lot of DOOM Mongering on here tonight.
Let's wait until we beat MK Dons to pulp, then take a gander at the League Table then.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

H4usuallysitting

Played     won       drawn     lost         win%
16              3             5             8            18:8

Since Jako has been with us

Woolly Mammoth

The Definition of DOOM as defined In the Oxford Collins. English Dictionary is ....... Condemned to a terrible fate.   Destruction, Downfall, Ruin, Extinction.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 21, 2016, 11:56:15 PM

Then that leaves us with no alternative but to.........

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Some Managers with far better records, have been condemned to the Siberian Salt Mines.
So whose next in, time they got it right.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

So if you count the FA Cup defeat as League matches. Then that's 14 Points out of a possible 48.
Some Managers with far better records have been keelhauled, and their remains left to the Sharks.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

So we're all agreed then, another mediocre attempt to halt the slide to oblivian. Then whose next to attempt to pull the Sword from the Stone, I reckon the clue is to find a dude with the Christian name of Arthur.

Never forget your Roots.

J.Perkins

Symons record: 5-5-6 G: 16 P: 20 PPG: 1.25 Av position opposition: 10th
Jokanovic: 3-5-8 G: 16 P: 14 PPG: 0.875 Av position opposition: 10th

bobbo

Quote from: One James stannard on March 20, 2016, 09:29:16 PM
Just wanted to post once again that I give this man my full confidence in his ability to turn this mess around
So do I . I've said many many times right now he's having to work with what's there and what ever you think there are too many players not good enough or we wouldn't be where we are.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

gezkc

I'm not sure where this blind faith and confidence in Jokanovic comes from - he's been a huge disappointment - but I'm giving him my support as he's our manager and we should have learnt by now that chopping and changing managers is not doing us any good.
I desperately hope he can keep us up, but that's what it is - hope. Confident, I am not!