watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slaviša Jokanović

Started by One James stannard, March 20, 2016, 09:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

One James stannard

Just wanted to post once again that I give this man my full confidence in his ability to turn this mess around

GrahamG

I hope he can turn this mess around. I'm not sure what anybody can have seen so far to have confidence in him. I think we are into blind hope and a consensus that we can't afford more change. Losing the lead 8 times in 10 games doesn't tell me that he is on the right track in getting us better organized. But I repeat that I hope he can get it sorted because the alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

davew

Good luck with that 1?? I am sure he will appreciate your support!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Baszab

As he has done so far 064.gif

hovewhite

I'm fed up with khan changing managers give him 18 months to sort it out and get some patience Mr khan!

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Baszab on March 20, 2016, 09:37:56 PM
As he has done so far 064.gif

Baszab, in all honesty, even if Pep Guardiola bowled into Fulham, you'd still have something negative to say against him, because you still can't accept that Kit got the chop. It's time to let Kit memories go mate and support the new guy, who, in all fairness, inherited Kits mess, and a bunch of mercenaries who were put together by the Club.   

Lighthouse

I don't understand the OP. I too think we need to stop sacking managers. But how can you have full confidence in a manager to get us out of the mess he himself has created. His side on Saturday proved once again that he still has no real idea what team or formation he thinks is best.

So yes we all hope we stay up and we all hope the club stops sacking managers. But confidence? No none at all because there is no reason to have any. We still concede every game, we still concede soft goals, we can't hold a lead and under this new manager we haven't won many games. So what exactly is the full confidence coming from?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ScalleysDad

SJ is becoming a conundrum in himself. If we took a slightly different approach and assumed he was somewhere else but with his track record with us would we even look at him as our messiah?  His post match interview again stated how we cannot do certain things ...................... well flippin well fix them then. The players really cannot be that bad and a simple 4.4.2 with players knowing their primary roles and who and how they back up players around them should not be that difficult to deploy.
I am certain on the managers merry go round he will have the cop out clause that we were a mess when he got here but his credentials are being stretched and it does not look like he has much to offer. City and Rotherham were, arguably, in a bigger mess than us when they made new appointments but those managers have worked out the strengths, put a team ethic in place to bolster the weaknesses and they plan based on the opposition. A desire, or indeed an ego, wanting play attacking, attractive football is a nice idea but we are way past that now.

..FOF..

First 6 months, YES, I'm giving him full support.

I can also understand people giving him full confidence even if we have 20 losses within that period.

It can take quite some time to change a habit... and probably even longer if someone else is trying to change your habit.

Call it blind support, call it whatever.

A coach is entitled to wreck havoc in the first 6 months.

That coach wasn't here for the past few years of decline.

In a rebuilding process, we sometime need to detonate a few buildings.... it is messy and everything hit rock bottom.

We can only fairly judge the process when the progress move after the foundations are laid.

Holders

The bloke hasn't got a magic wand but he's shown what he can do in the past and the main thing we need is some stability.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Mince n Tatties

I'm beginning to wonder if he is the right fit
for us.
I don't know if it's his after match comments,his
body language,has he ever smiled (yes I know it
must be hard to managing us) just something missing.
Maybe it's me looking into it all too deeply.

ScalleysDad

I fully understand that SJ does not carry a wand and I fully appreciate the need for foundations, demolishing the old tat and that old chestnut of "its not his team" and from time to time injuries possibly undermining his Plan A. But. Eleven points from a possible forty two unless we give him the Rotherham result which he would have had little input into! A winless January and now a winless March have followed, (thank god that in between qpr were once again poor on the day), and there is no obvious progress let alone some squad stability. Some players are actually getting worse or consistently average at best. Could that just be dazed and confused though? Albert Escobar, the senior analysis, must be producing reams of paperwork showing where we messed up and what do we do?. We do it all over again just in case he didn't get it all down the first time.   
The Manager sets the tone and we would all like to see pacey, attacking football but at the end of January, apart from thinking cripes what have I done, he should have been working on a soild, cohesive defence with Stuart Gray and working up the pitch from there. Make us harder to beat first, like Warnock has done, install a team ethos like Cooper has done and then still pray to the gods that there will still be three teams worse than us. He has kind of missed out at most levels and knows it as he keeps repeating the failings in his interviews.

J.Perkins

Look at Klopp. He is really struggling with that Liverpool team as they can't play his high tempo football for more than a half. Its exactly the same situation her. Doesn't matter if we stay up on goal difference, SJs aim is to keep us up and build his team over the summer.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 20, 2016, 11:18:26 PM
I don't understand the OP. I too think we need to stop sacking managers. But how can you have full confidence in a manager to get us out of the mess he himself has created. His side on Saturday proved once again that he still has no real idea what team or formation he thinks is best.

So yes we all hope we stay up and we all hope the club stops sacking managers. But confidence? No none at all because there is no reason to have any. We still concede every game, we still concede soft goals, we can't hold a lead and under this new manager we haven't won many games. So what exactly is the full confidence coming from?

Point is invalid as soon as you said "his mess".

Plus, the team on Saturday was definitely a statement to the performance against Bristol. Previously, the team has been consistent.

Lighthouse

Quote from: J.Perkins on March 21, 2016, 11:30:49 AM

Plus, the team on Saturday was definitely a statement to the performance against Bristol. Previously, the team has been consistent.

Well without getting it all again. But you really can't say my point is invalid when you compare when he took over to where we are now. So I know some  fans want to believe we were in an awful mess before. But we were clearly not. We had many problems this season but being relegated was never going to be one of them until the last manager was sacked. So believe what you like but the facts are there for all to see.

rubbernecca

Quote from: ScalleysDad on March 21, 2016, 12:15:34 AM
SJ is becoming a conundrum in himself.

He is a disappointment.  There were early signs that the defense was getting stronger and the play was generally positive.  We've now regressed to playing "careful" football as before, which means playing deep, low energy, back passing and welcoming our opponents into the box. It makes me so angry that sometimes I don't care if we go down.  But I now realise that going down will probably be the end of the club.  Tons of luck is needed as I don't see much in terms of direction from SJ. 

NJFulham

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 21, 2016, 11:36:49 AM

Well without getting it all again. But you really can't say my point is invalid when you compare when he took over to where we are now. So I know some  fans want to believe we were in an awful mess before. But we were clearly not. We had many problems this season but being relegated was never going to be one of them until the last manager was sacked. So believe what you like but the facts are there for all to see.

We had only 4 more points this season than we did at same point last year. No one thinks you're in a relegation battle in October. We were supposed to be way better than last year and we weren't.

Lighthouse

Quote from: NJFulham on March 21, 2016, 11:41:26 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on March 21, 2016, 11:36:49 AM

We had only 4 more points this season than we did at same point last year. No one thinks you're in a relegation battle in October. We were supposed to be way better than last year and we weren't.

Which is why he was sacked. But the reason in October nobody thought we were in a relegation battle is we were not. We were never going to be. He was sacked for being too far off the play offs. The new manager came in to try and bridge that gap and build for next season. But we are now a point off relegation. So please the facts THIS season are there for ALL to see. The more we try and hide the fact that it was a mistake to sack Symons when we did the more likely we will sack SJ and start again on this silly slide down the leagues.

NJFulham

My point is you can't claim we were never going to be in a relegation battle. Kit played only 2 current top 6 teams.

Lighthouse

Quote from: NJFulham on March 21, 2016, 11:54:25 AM
My point is you can't claim we were never going to be in a relegation battle. Kit played only 2 current top 6 teams.

Well I can because he played other games. Unlike our present manager we won a few more. So we were never going to go down, IMO if you prefer. But we were certainly not in the mess we are now. However some fans love SJ and I cannot understand why. I just hope we can stay up and he can prove he is worthy of such trust and support. Fingers crossed. But I cannot be convinced that somehow we were going to be in a worse mess without the changes this season. So we will agree to disagree.