more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (22/03/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 22, 2016, 07:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Ross & Emmo Called Up

Ross McCormack and Emerson Hyndman have joined the list of Fulham players who will link up with their respective nations ahead of the international break.

Following the withdrawal of Norwich City forward Steven Naismith, McCormack will join the Scotland squad for their friendly match against the Czech Republic in Prague.

Hyndman, meanwhile, is in the United States Under-23 party for their Olympic Play-Off double-header against Colombia.

Senior squad

Nikolay Bodurov (out on loan) – Bulgaria (Friendlies)

Jesse Joronen – Finland (Friendlies)

Ross McCormack – Scotland (Friendly)

Jazz Richards – Wales (Friendlies)

George Williams (out on loan) – Wales (Friendlies)

Under-23s

Emerson Hyndman – United States (Olympic Play-Offs)

Under-21s

Liam Donnelly – Northern Ireland (UEFA U21 Qualifiers)

Jordan Evans (out on loan) – Wales (UEFA U21 Qualifiers)

Jack Grimmer (out on loan) – Scotland (UEFA U21 Qualifiers)

Sean Kavanagh (out on loan) – Republic of Ireland (UEFA U21 Qualifier)

Marek Rodák – Slovakia (UEFA U21 Qualifier)

Under-20s

Moussa Dembélé – France (Friendly)

Under-17s

Dennis Adeniran – England (Elite Round Qualifiers)

Mikolaj Kwietniewski – Poland (Elite Round Qualifiers)

Ryan Sessegnon – England (Elite Round Qualifiers)

Under-16s

Matt O'Riley – England (Montaigu Tournament)

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/march/21/ross-emmo-called-up?

WhiteJC

Fulham striker gets Scotland nod and adds to huge list of Whites called up by their countries - so how come the club is struggling?

Whites may be struggling in the Championship - but there is an impressive array of Cottage talent on its way to international honours

USA call: for Emerson Hyndman (far right)

Under-23s
Emerson Hyndman – United States (Olympic Play-Offs)

Under-21s
Liam Donnelly – Northern Ireland (UEFA U21 Qualifiers); Jordan Evans (out on loan) – Wales (UEFA U21 Qualifiers); Jack Grimmer (out on loan) – Scotland (UEFA U21 Qualifiers); Sean Kavanagh (out on loan) – Republic of Ireland (UEFA U21 Qualifier); Marek Rodák – Slovakia (UEFA U21 Qualifier)

Under-20s
Moussa Dembélé – France (Friendly)

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-striker-gets-scotland-nod-11071822?

WhiteJC

Stears: Up For The Fight

Richard Stearman believes the fighting qualities shown at St Andrew's will stand Fulham in good stead ahead of our eight remaining matches.

The Whites earned a point at Play-Off chasing Birmingham City courtesy of a resolute display, and the defender hopes that gritty attitude will help move his side away from danger.

"In weeks gone by maybe we'd have conceded again after they equalised," he told fulhamfc.com. "I think we looked very strong out there, we stood up to the fight, and if we give another eight of those we'll be fine.

"I think it was defensively an immense display from the lads, I couldn't fault them to a man.

"That's starting from the front as well all the way back to Betts [Marcus Bettinelli] who came in and made two unbelievable saves. Mike [Madl] and Dan [Burn] and Tim [Ream] were superb, too, everyone was."

One of five changes to the side that lost at home to Bristol City last time out, Stearman came in for only his third appearance of 2016, and performed superbly in a slightly unfamiliar full-back position.

"I've kept myself right, I've trained hard and waited for an opportunity," he explained. "Right-back isn't a position I've played for this Club, but I've been out there before in years gone by in my career so it's not completely alien to me.

"But I love games like that where it's a fight, it's a war. I'm fully up for that and I think the boys were as well. You could see that in the way we defended, bodies on the line, and, like I say, I love games like that.

"Let's not forget this is a team that's at the opposite end to us, where we think we should be. It obviously shows that we've got players that can fill in and do a good job.

"It shows the mentality of the group; we train hard and we're ready for an opportunity when it arises."

Despite picking up an important away point, Fulham dropped to 21st in the Sky Bet Championship standings after Rotherham United beat Ipswich Town.

MK Dons sit one place and point below the Whites in the table, making the fixture between the sides at Craven Cottage after the international break absolutely huge.

"We'll take the point and have a little bit of a break now and look ahead to MK Dons, which is a massive game," Stearman said.

"We were trying to emphasise to the boys that a couple of results didn't go for us but we've got to see this as a valuable point gained, rather than losing ground on the others.

"We've just got to concentrate on ourselves. We've got eight massive games left and I think we need to perform like we did at Birmingham. Although it wasn't the prettiest, it's the job that needs to be done at the moment."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/march/21/richard-stearman-up-for-the-fight?