watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

League one or Championship

Started by H4usuallysitting, March 28, 2016, 10:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

What League will Fulham be in next season?

For me Championship...but only just

Wearethewhites

MK Dons game will be a massive factor. Win, and I can see us pushing on to get the required points. Lose or draw, and I can see us ending up in League 1.

Sgt Fulham

Championship. We merely have to be better than MK Dons from here on out to stay up. If we can't manage that then we deserve to be in League 1.

The Rock

Does it really matter? Khan will find a way to make us bottom of the table soon enough. For ex: Jacksonville jags. Irrelevant post.

J.Perkins

Can't see any wins bar MK and Bolton. Win both of them, MK will need to rack up 8 more points than us from the other 6 games, which I can't see.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: The Rock on March 29, 2016, 12:11:27 AM
Does it really matter? Khan will find a way to make us bottom of the table soon enough. For ex: Jacksonville jags. Irrelevant post.

Really only made so because about 85% of what you post is some version of the same thing.

So many of the folks who are anti-Khan, or anti-whichever manager complain that they get shouted down every time they speak their opinion. Honestly, I think this is the reason. It starts to look like all they care to post is the same "anti-this" or "anti-that" thought and folks get tired of only ever seeing that leave their keyboard.

I personally disagree with your assessment that Khan is the reason for everything that's gone wrong. I think he's done everything he can to make things right at the club but, the people who've been hired to put it all into practice have failed him.

You Jags example is a poor one by the way.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

I think we stay up by the way. Can't let go of the hope yet.

J.Perkins

If a team has ever deserved to go down, look no further than Villa and Fulham. Both been shambolic on and off the pitch all season.

MJG

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 29, 2016, 07:50:55 AM
We will not stay up on merit, it will be because MK Dons, who have far far less resources than Fulham, we're just not quite good enough.
Then we can look forward to another season of the same as the last three, and this will continue until the current ownership and his crew are sent packing, and if anyone thinks Jok can save us and turn this situation round, could be in for an unpleasant shock. Why do you think better men than him have turned down an opportunity to manage Fulham, and or walked away to save their reputations from a chance to take the reins, after realising they would not be working for footballing people.
As at the time of Kit Symons vacating the position, I never saw the queue bigger than one to be interviewed for the job, as one thing an out of work manager will recognise, is a poisoned chalice when they see one.
We know Clarke turned us down. Pearson is reluctant to take a job without his people who do the work. I'm not convinced by Rowett in all honesty. Lambert was not wanted by the vast majority.
So WHO turned us down in this last search away from that list?

J.Perkins

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 29, 2016, 07:50:55 AM
We will not stay up on merit, it will be because MK Dons, who have far far less resources than Fulham, we're just not quite good enough.
Then we can look forward to another season of the same as the last three, and this will continue until the current ownership and his crew are sent packing, and if anyone thinks Jok can save us and turn this situation round, could be in for an unpleasant shock. Why do you think better men than him have turned down an opportunity to manage Fulham, and or walked away to save their reputations from a chance to take the reins, after realising they would not be working for footballing people.
As at the time of Kit Symons vacating the position, I never saw the queue bigger than one to be interviewed for the job, as one thing an out of work manager will recognise, is a poisoned chalice when they see one.

The fact that Jokanovic was the one who did the approaching speaks volumes. He is willing to take hold of this shambles and try to fix it. I have enormous respect for him.

Whitesideup

We all talk about club owners, CEOs and managers. And yes, they play a big part. But we haven't got results when we've played well, Derby both home and away, Hull at home, Burnley very recently. And when we've played badly (second half against Bristol City springs to mind) we haven't got results either. For a reason I don't quite understand, players have made key errors.... and we have been punished for them (that I do understand). And I am not just talking about defenders, like Burn being beaten to the header (forgetting to attack the ball and letting the smaller player get above him) Garbutt (1) giving away a daft penalty and 2) inexplicably passing the ball sideways at an important moment to a City player with no white shirt even close to him) but how about Cearney's miss against Burnley, Dembele against City, and Parker against Birmingham .... I haven't seen three misses like these in a whole season let alone successive games (perhaps that is harsh on Dembele, but he miscontrolled the ball so it turned out to be the simplest of saves) and these were all at big moments in the game, not when we were 3 up or 3 down.

It's a lot about performing under pressure, call it resilience, call it quality, call it character ... but we have come unstuck too regularly and some reasonable team performances have been undone by moments. We have a few last chances to show both character and quality. COYW !

jarv

I just looked at the fixtures. Fulham and MK both picking up 8 points = safe BUT.... 6 of Fulham's 8 points in the last 2 games. That will mean Fulham will drop into the bottom 3 before then.

However, you can all breath a sigh of relief...I am the world's worst predictor of results.

One top performance in the next 5 will see Fulham safe, especially if it is this Saturday.

Mince n Tatties

League 1...We are an awful side.
And anyone who thinks different is barmy.
Hope I'm wrong.

nose

I look at it this way and stick to my guns.

If we keep Joca, I think we will get promoted next season!

I do not have any idea which division we will be in, our players are too poor and far to eratic to be able to tell.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Statto on March 29, 2016, 01:23:35 AM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on March 29, 2016, 01:13:58 AM
I think he's done everything he can to make things right at the club but, the people who've been hired to put it all into practice have failed him.

1. Doing "everything he can" would involve spending every waking hour of his time working to solve our problems, not flying over for a couple of days every few months.

2. He hasn't hired anyone, that's part of the problem. He's just left the residue of the old board (mackintosh) in charge.

1. Really? I think you are overlooking our club's history a bit here. Fulham has, at least in my short history with the club, never been able to completely fund it's own operations. It has needed a sugar daddy who can pump funds into the club to make improvements in the squad, staff, stadium, etc. Admittedly, I believe it would be good to see him a bit more. However, it's far more important that he's tending to the businesses that supplement Fulham's coffers when necessary.

2. Hasn't he though? He was involved in the hiring of Rigg, Kit, Magath - to name a few. He shelled out the money for No Show Mitro and Ross. He may not have been across the table when they signed on the dotted line but, none of them got their job without his say so.

David Allen Crankshaw

I think we will stay up but I wouldn't put money on it.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: nose on March 29, 2016, 12:46:23 PM
I look at it this way and stick to my guns.

If we keep Joca, I think we will get promoted next season!

I do not have any idea which division we will be in, our players are too poor and far to eratic to be able to tell.

I say that I believe we'll survive but, I really just can't allow myself to think of another relegation. It's too heartbreaking to endure before it's obvious,....if that makes any sense.

Having said that, you're absolutely right. These players are so mentally feeble right now. There's no telling how the wind will blow for this club. I just hope that SJ can find the right button to push two or three more times this season and a couple of results go our way otherwise. Seems likely we're going to need help surviving.

The optimist in me wants to say that Birmingham could have been a corner turned and something that can be built off of.

Lighthouse

I am still at a loss why we find ourselves in this position. We have a squad good enough for at worst half way. But I really am unsure just where we can find a win. Teams around us are finding wins and form and a bit of heart for the battle. We look a poorly drilled bunch of strangers who have yet to work out the connection between the midfield and the rest of the side.  We still look like a pre season te4am getting to know each other and the manager. I just don't get it. Yet so many have such faith in a manager who hasn't earned any right to expect it.

But this week will probably be the decider. A point or two and we are down. A win and we are probably down. A good couple of results and the season changes hopefully. I am dreading this week because I just have lost faith in the whole lot of them.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

I am also at a a loss - I don't think the reasons for our collapse are easy to  see, only that it started with MAF deciding to sell up, and slowly  withdrawing funding from the club.

Then , after MAF had sold up to Khan , everything seemed to go  wrong, but were we already on the downward slope, with the team fundamentally damaged  by lack of investment?

We want to blame individuals, but is there one singe individual whose fault it is? Khan has done honourably, I think, but whoever appoints managers seems to have  got it wrong, though Kit was appointed by a  committee, and was also the fans' choice - and I think that sacking him when we did, and without a replacement  ready, was a potentially disastrous  decision.

The team showed their  battling spirit in the last game at Brum, and  in the game before that  we could see how gutted they were to lose - and we know we have good players, players who  should at least be mid-table, and we are  the top goal scorers.

It is a mystery - but two things I will say - chopping and changing, and never quite getting it right with different managers and coaches in a short space of time, when confidence was already fragile after relegation, and my second point is confidence - the lack of it, and a sort of collective anxiety and  uncertainty  around the  club, which also  affects fans - and this has its own momentum,  just as winning and success can have a momentum.

But I feel our players and manager , with us behind them at games, will get us out of this  immediate  predicament, which  hardly bears  thinking about, of relegation  to Division 1.