watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MK Dons fans walking to Fulham for charity

Started by Lieutenant Dan, March 31, 2016, 09:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lieutenant Dan

Hello Fulham fans, not sure what response this is going to get, but here goes...

My name is Dan and I'm an MK Dons supporter who, along with eight other Dons fans ranging in age between 15 and 50, are walking from Stadium MK to Craven Cottage in time for the game on Saturday. We're doing it to raise money for Willen Hospice in Milton Keynes, an important charity in the MK area that really needs support (not least because the local council just approved the building of a recycling plant next door!).

It's a 54-mile journey, largely down the Grand Union Canal, and we're setting off this (Thursday) morning. We've raised £2000 at the time of writing but we're hoping to add at least another grand to that, so any support from your good selves would be appreciated. Now, I realise that some of you might not exactly like the club I support and how it came to be in MK, but I've come on here on the basis that if this post yields just one donation, it was worth doing.

If you'd like to donate, then you can do so on our JustGiving page: https://www.justgiving.com/MKDSA-MKDonswalk2016/, or by greeting us at the finish line - we're aiming to arrive at the away turnstiles at 2:00 on Saturday afternoon. We'll also be tweeting our progress along the way on @DonsWalk if any of you are interested.

Thanks in advance to any of you that make a donation. I would wish you luck for the game, but as it's probably the biggest game of the season for both teams, I'm not sure I can...

P.S. Mods: please remove with my apologies if this breaks any of your forum house rules.

alexbishop

best of luck to you all, that's quite some walk!
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

JPCL

Will be well worth the effort when you see you team triumph with the victory.

fcfulham55

I would walk 54 miles to see my team win away too.

Sent from my Nokia 3310

VicHalomsLovechild

The walk away from the Cottage after we lose always feels like 54 miles!

The Swan

I spoke to Andy Hodgson yesterday and he told me about your walk. He like me live in Milton Keynes and we are both life long Fulham supporters.
Andrew is also a keen charity collector for Willen Hospice. Good luck to you apart from the result of the game.
The Swan

Ged

Just donated
Good luck with the walk but not the game