watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Dons?

Started by @jolslover, March 31, 2016, 05:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

So obviously Dons on Saturday is a massive game and probably our biggest game of the season so far, But what lineup would you guys go with?

I would keep the flat back 4 as I thought it worked well last time.           
Betts,Stearman Amore Madl Ream, Cairney Ince Parker -, Dembele Mccormack

I would go with this team as I was happy with the performance against Birmingham and think we can pick up the 3 points against a weaker Dons, I have left the LM position free as I'm not sure on the fitness of LVC and Kacaniklic, Also I'm not sure if Hyndman is ready to play after only arriving back in England today. But potentially I would love to see LVC there, Maybe even give Labyad a go?. Kaca and Garbutt could also potentially play there

STH H3

Wearethewhites

If we play the same formation as we did against Brum, then both teams will most likely cancel each other out, or one will likely lose to a stupid mistake.

Although MK Dons are relatively poor, they're still a side who scrap over 90 minutes, and won't be beaten easily. They don't ship to many goals, but don't score that many either.

At home, we really need to take the game to MK Dons, and we will need to score 2 or more goals to win the game, so will need a formation to reflect this.

Riversider

Quote from: @jolslover on March 31, 2016, 05:57:40 PM
So obviously Dons on Saturday is a massive game and probably our biggest game of the season so far, But what lineup would you guys go with?

I would keep the flat back 4 as I thought it worked well last time.           
Betts,Stearman Amore Madl Ream, Cairney Ince Parker -, Dembele Mccormack

I would go with this team as I was happy with the performance against Birmingham and think we can pick up the 3 points against a weaker Dons, I have left the LM position free as I'm not sure on the fitness of LVC and Kacaniklic, Also I'm not sure if Hyndman is ready to play after only arriving back in England today. But potentially I would love to see LVC there, Maybe even give Labyad a go?. Kaca and Garbutt could also potentially play there

Not much chance of that being the starting eleven, where's the width going to come from ?

filham

The flat back four employed against Birmingham included four centre backs and no attacking full backs, it was surely a defensive line up designed to bring a point home from an away match. We need 3 points from Saturday's match so I suspect tactics and players may well change.
You never know what new system Jocanovic will dream up ,it is impossible to second guess what he has in mind, there are only a few players  certain of a game, expect something like :-

Bettinelli
                                ?               Madle                        ?            ?

Cairney          ?                       Parker         ?

Dembele           McCormac

twang

Bettinelli
Fredericks - Madl - Burn - Ream
Cairney - Tunnicliffe  - Parker - Labyad
Woodrow - McCormack

@jolslover

Quote from: twang on March 31, 2016, 08:48:09 PM
Bettinelli
Woodrow - McCormack

Excluding Woodrows inclusion (Should be Dembele) looks good
STH H3

David I

I really don't understand how some believe Dembele should be selected... He should be NOWHERE near the team!! He's not interested.. won't track back or chase any balls he loses... He knows he's off at the end of the season, his constant selection is a cancer to the team.

hovewhite

Tough one,
Definite starters for me
Bette
Mardl
Parker
Ross
Rest of em who knows rest of team ,formation ,
Hopefully SJ knows!

David I

O, and the only players that select themselves are:

MADL
FREDERICKS
MCCORMACK
SMITH!!!

@jolslover

Quote from: David I on March 31, 2016, 09:35:46 PM

MADL
FREDERICKS
MCCORMACK
SMITH!!!

Come on, How can you rate Smith and not Moussa, Smith is immobile, Literally useless with the ball at his feet and offers nothing unless the ball is played up to his head. There is a reason Joka and Symons and Gray and (probably every manager in the world minus Pulis) would play /has played Moussa ahead of him

He is a striker so why would he track back?? And how is he a cancer to the team?? are you having a wind up? At Worst he is abit lazy when the opposition have the ball but makes intelligent runs when we have it and is definitely not a disruptive presence, Madl and other team mates have all praised Mouss and Joka wouldnt play him if he didnt work hard off the pitch (perhaps why Labyads not playing). There is a reason Dembele is wanted by top prem clubs and Smith is league 1 level at best. Dembele is 19 with 13 league goals this season without him we would be down already. Ask any fans of top 6 clubs in the champ who they would take from Fulham I would put my house on no one saying Smith and atleast a good proportion saying Dembele
STH H3

westcliff white

Dembele has to play he and Ross score and we need goals as we can't stop them going in at the back.
Every day is a Fulham day

JackyFulham90

For me

Bettenelli

Stearman   Madl   Amorebieta   Ream

Fredericks  Parker   Ince    Cairney

McCormack       Dembele

Subs - Lonergan ,  Burn  ,  Hyndman ,  Labyad  ,  Tunnicliffe  , O'Hara ,  Woodrow

Twig

Quote from: David I on March 31, 2016, 09:35:46 PM

MADL
FREDERICKS
MCCORMACK
SMITH!!!

Smith selects himself, you're having a laugh right?   April fool?

@jolslover

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 01, 2016, 06:42:54 AM
For me

Bettenelli

Stearman   Madl   Amorebieta   Ream

Fredericks  Parker   Ince    Cairney

McCormack       Dembele

Subs - Lonergan ,  Burn  ,  Hyndman ,  Labyad  ,  Tunnicliffe  , O'Hara ,  Woodrow

Like this also
STH H3

filham

Bettinelli
Woodrow - McCormack

Fredericks too much of a defensive risk at right back,and I would have Woodrow playing for 60 minutes with Dembelecomming on for last half hour as an impact sub to hit a tiring defence.

twang

Quote from: filham on April 01, 2016, 11:05:25 AM
Bettinelli
Woodrow - McCormack

Fredericks too much of a defensive risk at right back,and I would have Woodrow playing for 60 minutes with Dembelecomming on for last half hour as an impact sub to hit a tiring defence.

Yep, he's pretty poor defensively. But with Cairney to the right in midfield we need a right back who gets forward and stays out wide. Stearman is defnitely not that, and Richards IMHO isn't better than Fredericks.

FPT

I think the 'problem' we have with the 442 is no one that can really play on the left with Christensen injured, and slotting Tom Cairney in. I think the 442 works best with two direct wingers and two industrious central midfielders (look at Leicester with Mahrez and Albrighton and then Drinkwater and Kante).

I don't mind the back four of centre backs, though I would perhaps get Fernando Amorebieta back in for Dan Burn (MK Dons aren't a set piece threat) or Tim Ream (bit more defensive aggression on the left).

I would want to get Ryan Fredericks in at right midfield, but would be unconvinced by Tom Cairney in a two man central midfield. Sure, we could flip him over to the left but at that point he's drifting inside onto his right foot and would generally be less effective even compared to him on the right. Maybe next to Scott Parker, he can be 'coached' through a game in the middle.

I hope Christensen is fit to provide a known danger down that left hand side; if he's not fit, sure could try Labyad. Could go for Garbutt, I wouldn't complain with Cauley Woodrow to be honest with you. Cauley's a work horse and would cover Amorebieta/Ream at left back, provides another goal scoring option and could be a nice wide target to hold the ball.

--------------Bettinelli,
Stearman, Madl, Amorebieta, Ream,
Fredericks, Cairney, Parker, Woodrow,
--------Dembele, McCormack

filham

Quote from: twang on April 01, 2016, 11:09:06 AM
Bettinelli
Woodrow - McCormack

Yep, he's pretty poor defensively. But with Cairney to the right in midfield we need a right back who gets forward and stays out wide. Stearman is defnitely not that, and Richards IMHO isn't better than Fredericks.
Yes, of course you are right, I pulled Fredericks without thinking carefully about the options. We are at home against MK Dons and hopefully 75% of the game will be in their half so Fredericks wil have more opportunity to display his attacking pace than his defensive weaknesses.

twang

Quote from: filham on April 01, 2016, 11:55:51 AM
Quote from: twang on April 01, 2016, 11:09:06 AM
Bettinelli
Woodrow - McCormack

Yes, of course you are right, I pulled Fredericks without thinking carefully about the options. We are at home against MK Dons and hopefully 75% of the game will be in their half so Fredericks wil have more opportunity to display his attacking pace than his defensive weaknesses.

Here's hoping!

J.Perkins

Bettinelli

Fredericks Stearman Madl Garbutt

Cairney Parker Ince Tunnicliffe

McCormack Dembele