more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (01/04/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, April 01, 2016, 07:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Played for both: Fulham

Ahead of Saturday's Sky Bet Championship clash at Craven Cottage, mkdons.com looks at the players who have featured for both the Dons and Fulham...

Ricardo Batista
Dons: Jan 2006 – Apr 2006 (loan)
Appearances: 9
Clean sheets: 2

Fulham: Trainee – Jun 2008
Appearances: 1
Clean sheets: 0

Jimmy Bullard
Dons: Aug 2012 – Oct 2012
Appearances: 3
Goals: 0

Fulham: Trainee – Jun 2008
Appearances: 41
Goals: 7

Larnell Cole
Dons: Feb 2014 – Mar 2014 (loan)
Appearances: 3

Fulham: Jan 2014 – present
Appearances: 1

Keanu Marsh-Brown
Dons: Jan 2011 – May 2011 (loan)
Appearances: 19
Goals: 2

Fulham: Trainee – Jan 2012
Appearances: 0

Jamie Smith
Dons: Jul 2006 – May 2007
Appearances: 20

Fulham: Mar 1999 – May 1999 (loan)
Appearances: 9
Goals: 1

Adam Watts
Dons: Mar 2007 – May 2007
Appearances: 2

Fulham: Trainee – Jul 2010
Appearances: 0

George Williams
Dons: Trainee – Jun 2012; Feb 2015 – Mar 2015 (loan)
Appearances: 7
Goals: 1

Fulham: Jun 2012 – present
Appearances: 17

Tickets for Saturday's clash with Fulham at Craven Cottage are priced at £25 adults, £20 seniors/17-21 year-olds and £15 under-16s if bought in advance of matchday, whilethe Club have subsidised coach travel for this fixture, meaning Season Ticket holders and members make the trip for just £10.

To purchase tickets click here, visit the Box Office at stadiummk/kiosk at centre:mk or call 0333 200 5343.

Read more at http://www.mkdons.com/news/article/played-for-both-fulham-mk-dons-fulham-mk-dons-ricardo-batista-larnell-cole-keanu-marsh-brown-jamie-smith-adam-watts-george-williams-3033643.aspx#grdy74aTe7lCyYxR.99

WhiteJC

Milton Keynes Dons: Back The Boys!

This Saturday the Whites are back in action to face Milton Keynes Dons at Craven Cottage. Be sure to secure your tickets and be part of the drama!

Tickets are priced from just £25 for adults and £15 for juniors, so grab yours today to get behind the boys in what is a crucial Sky Bet Championship encounter.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/march/31/back-the-boys?

WhiteJC

Strong Dons squad to travel to Fulham

Joe Walsh and Jake Forster-Caskey are back in the running to start for MK Dons' trip to Fulham, but goalkeeper David Martin could miss out again.

The keeper suffered a recurrence of a hamstring injury at Hull earlier this month, and missed the game against Brighton.

Forster-Caskey missed three games with a foot injury he picked up in the 2-0 win over QPR at the start of March, while defender Walsh has been absent from the side since the Blackburn game at the end of February.

Kyle McFadzean serves the first of his three-match suspension for the trip to Craven Cottage, but defender Kevin Long, brought in on loan from Burnley until the end of the season, will bolster Karl Robinson's numbers at the back - a defensive line he feels is now as strong as he's ever had at the club.

"This is strong a squad I've had defensively," he said. "We're really happy with it, and we're really lucky.

"From a recruitment, we've done well in that area, and brought in players quickly.

"Joe Walsh is 100 per cent fit and doing wonderfully well. He has put himself right into contention again.

"So we've got him, Kevin Long, Matt Upson is fit, and Antony Kay - so we've got four centre halves for these games.

"We couldn't afford to be concerned with Kyle McFadzean's suspension. We haven't overly mentioned it. In years gone by, we'd have moaned about it, but we've decided to focus on who we do have fit and available."

Saturday is Dons' first trip to Craven Cottage and will be only the second times the two have locked horns. The first, coming at stadium:mk in November, saw Dean Bowditch fire Dons into a first half lead before Moussa Dembele equalised on the stroke of half time as the two shared a 1-1 draw.

Read more: http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/mk-dons/mk-dons-news/strong-dons-squad-to-travel-to-fulham-1-7305023#ixzz44YU1QLgX

WhiteJC

Jack Grimmer's season is just starting
Defender Jack Grimmer insists his season is just starting as he admitted the competition for his Shrewsbury Town place is driving him on.

The on-loan Fulham right-back, who is due to play his 50th league game if selected for Saturday's visit of high-flying Wigan, is enjoying the best form of his career.

And after missing the first half of the season through injury, the 22-year-old Scot is making up for lost time in his 'second home' of Shropshire.

Asked if there is more to come from him, the former Aberdeen youngster said: "Definitely. I'm not resting on my laurels thinking the season is slowing down.

"I was injured for the first half of the season, so I'm just getting started."

Matt Tootle is due to have recovered from concussion shortly, while Dominic Smith will be back from international duty for the weekend.

With on-loan Wigan centre-back Jack Hendry available after Saturday and Jermaine Grandison also able to play right-back, Grimmer believes the competition brings out the best in him.

He said: "Competition can only be good and with the squad we've got, every single player is in that position.

"It's such a big squad with so much quality that there are players getting left out who could easily start in League One.

"'Toots is coming back and he's a player I saw earlier in the season when I was watching Shrewsbury and he's one I rate very highly.

"Having him available is only going to help me kick on and ensure I don't get complacent."

Grimmer has made 16 appearances in his second loan spell at the Greenhous Meadow and is delighted with his own form.

He said: "Without blowing my whistle too much, I've been quite chuffed with the way I've been playing.

Meanwhile, James Wesolowski was held back from extending his comeback in yesterday's reserve game against Port Vale.

Read more at http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shrewsbury-town-fc/2016/03/31/jack-grimmers-season-is-just-starting/?#rXIOLmmMjGH3hptk.99

WhiteJC

Fulham's Jazz Richards​:​ Five things you never knew about the Wales international

The full back shares what he first earned and other bit of his past for the first time

Sky Bet Championship - Huddersfield Town (1) v Fulham (1) - Jazz Richards and Nahki Wells.

Jazz Richards is in line for a Wales squad place at Euro 2016 - and has made 25 appearances for Fulham this season as right-back.

He was a sub in his country's 1-0 defeat by Ukraine on Monday night, but is currently being kept out of the Whites team by Ryan Fredericks and based on his first wage when at Swansea City - most of the decent night spots in the town as well.

Richards shares what he first earned and other bit of his past for the first time;

His first wage: 'That was when I had a scholarship at Swansea, and they paid me £60 a week.'

His first car: 'A Renault Clio: it cost me £2,000' Was it worth it? "Yeah, it was a good buy as it happens.'

Last download: 'That was the Game of Throne last series, but I also download a load of music.'

Worst dresser in the Fulham camp: 'When he's with us, Nikolay Bodurov by a distance, but Tim Ream is up there as well.'

Best holiday: 'Dubai.' Incidentally, it was also the place by chosen by Ben Pringle, currently on loan at Ipswich Town.

The two reckoned a load of footballers have been there as well.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulhams-jazz-richards-five-things-11119035?

WhiteJC

Leeds striker banned for biting Amorebieta

Leeds United striker Souleymane Doukara has been banned for eight matches for biting Fulham defender Fernando Amorebieta.

Doukara was charged by the Football Association with violent conduct following the incident in the 54th minute of the match at Elland Road on 23 February.

The 24-year-old had denied the charge but was found guilty at a hearing on Wednesday, with the punishment announced on Thursday.

Doukara, who played the full 90 minutes in the 1-1 draw, was also fined £5,000.

Amorebieta was booked for his reaction to the bite and later sent off for a second yellow card late in the game.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/football-wls-leeds-united-striker-banned-for-biting-amorebieta

WhiteJC

Remember When: Fulham defeat Norwich 1-0 to keep their chance of staying up alive

In the final part of the series, we remember the 2013/14 season, and the last moment Fulham had hope of remaining in the premier league.

This was my first time in London. My first time in Craven Cottage. My first time to see English Football in person. Fulham were in a relegation place and had a huge six pointer against Norwich City. April 12th 2014 was one of the best days of my life, and one of the last times I really believed good things were going to happen for Fulham.

I remember how excited I was leading up to this game. I had come over from Seattle with my wife and two of our friends. Fulham were only selling tickets to members, to try to have better home crowds during the relegation battle. But they were happy to work with me to make sure our group could get tickets.

We started the day early with a walk from our apartment to VQ in Chelsea for a full English breakfast. We ran into some other Fulham fans from South Africa as we walked to the tube stop to take the train to Putney Bridge. The walk through Putney to the stadium was amazing. Someone we spent ten days in London in April and didn't see rain. I remember drinking bad beer before the match and daring each other to order Bovril. I remember just how great our seats in the Johnny Haynes stands were.

The match itself is kind of a blur. The tension was so thick in the Cottage as the match began. It was fairly even, with Norwich playing slightly better. But then Lewis Holtby (still one of my favorite players) stood over a free kick. He curled in a beauty and Steve Sidwell was able to flick a header onto Hugo Rodallega who pounded it into the back of the net.

I've been to many sporting events over the years, but I don't think I've ever seen such a release of joy as at that moment. I was on a huge high so that I don't remember a single thing about the final five minutes of the half apart from the chants of "Hugo, Hugo, Hugo!"

The second half was a nail biter. It felt like Fulham never had the ball. While Norwich never got super close to scoring (The defensive performance by Fernando Amorebieta and Brede Hangeland is something I pine for now), it felt like it was only a moment of time. The relief I felt when the final whistle blew was amazing. The Fulham players celebrating in absolute joy, while the Norwich players collapsed in anguish on the field knowing that relegation was getting close to imminent.

Fulham had won three matches out of five. They were sitting on 30 points. They had four matches remaining and probably needed seven more points to be safe. They were travelling away to Spurs next (in a match I also attended). But they then had Hull City at home, and Hull was almost as dismal as Fulham. The other two matches were Stoke (who had nothing to play for away) and Crystal Palace (also with nothing on the line) at home. This was doable. I remember drinking in BrewDog's SoHo location after the game and running into another Fulham fan. We both thought they might just pull it off. Even after the disappointment at White Hart Lane the next week, I thought they were going to do it.

But then there was Hull. Up 2-0 with only fifteen minutes to play, Fulham somehow conceded two late goals to drop two points. That was when the season ended. Would it have been different if they'd won that game? Maybe, they still would have needed to get four points from Stoke and Crystal Palace. No one saw Sunderland going on the run of getting twelve points out of 15 to end the season. It's possible Fulham ended up tied with Hull or West Brom at 36 points and still went down on GD. I choose to remember the feeling I had walking out of the Cottage that day. That feeling of hope. The feeling that Fulham were going to reward me. I haven't felt like that about Fulham in a long time, but that memory and the desire to feel it again is why I support this club.

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2016/3/31/11337614/remember-when-fulham-defeat-norwich-1-0-to-keep-their-chance-of

WhiteJC

Michael Madl: Fulham focus is key for Championship relegation battle

Michael Madl says Fulham must improve their concentration as they look to climb away from trouble in the Championship.

Fulham are one point above the relegation zone after six games without a win and face MK Dons in a crucial game at the bottom on Saturday.

Madl says defensive lapses are costing Fulham, who have conceded 64 goals, including 29 from set pieces which is by far the highest in the second tier.

"In one or two situations we have to be more concentrated and more solid," said the defender. "We know our situation is difficult but we still believe in ourselves and that we have enough to get out of there.

"The spirit is still good. We are working well on the training ground and we have to show that at the weekend.

"The last few games we have played a good first half. But the second half was not that good. It is difficult to explain. We have a good team but we have to show it for 90 minutes. If we can do that, we will be alright."

Fulham will drop into the bottom three if they lost against MK Dons at Carven Cottage, where the Whites have lost have of their games this season.

"It is a massive game," said Madl. "But we have worked really well during the international break. I think the break was good for us mentally."

Tickets for Fulham's matches against MK Dons (this Saturday) and Cardiff (April 9) are available to purchase on general sale, priced from just £25 adults and from £15 juniors (under 17). Call the Fulham FC Ticket office on: 0843 208 1234 or visit: fulhamfc.com/tickets.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/michael-madl-fulham-focus-is-key-for-championship-relegation-battle-a3215566.html

WhiteJC

No Brainer For George

Milton Keynes Dons will always hold a special place in George Williams' heart, but he's desperate to see them leave Craven Cottage empty handed on Saturday.

The winger rose through the ranks in Buckinghamshire prior to joining Fulham in 2012, and while he wants to see his hometown club remain in the Sky Bet Championship, it's clear where his loyalties lie ahead of the weekend's six-pointer.

"I've only got nice things to say about MK Dons, however I will not be supporting them come Saturday," Williams told fulhamfc.com. "In an ideal world both teams will survive but unfortunately MK Dons are going to have to lose on Saturday for me.

"They were a great club for me, they put me on the pedestal to go and show what I can do when I was younger and they took me back on loan so I can only say nice things about them. I'm still really close to the manager and I still speak to him a lot."

Williams won't know the score in that crucial battle at the Cottage as Gillingham are hosting Coventry City at the same time.

Since joining the Gills on loan last month, the 20-year-old has made six appearances in their quest to win promotion from League One.

"It's been good," he stated. "It's what I needed, to go and play some regular football week in, week out, and that's what I've been doing.

"I've been enjoying it, I'm learning every game, so it's been a positive loan move for me, and hopefully when I return to Fulham I'll be in better shape to try and get into the team.

"There's a really good possibility of promotion. The top six or seven teams are really tight and there's still eight games left, so anything can happen but we're in a good place.

"We've got a really strong team so I think we'll 100 per cent make the Play-Offs. Obviously we'll keep trying to get automatic but we'll see where we are come the end of the season."

Williams missed Gillingham's win at Bury on Easter Monday after being selected in Chris Coleman's latest Wales squad.

And with the announcement of the 23-man party for the European Championship edging ever closer, he was delighted to be given a chance to demonstrate what he can offer the team.

"I don't want to think about it too much but it would be a big moment in my career if I do go," he admitted. "I've just got to get my head down, work hard until the end of the season and hopefully I'll be named in that squad that's going to France.

"It's always an honour to go away with Wales. It was another great experience, I got another start on Thursday, played 60 minutes and thought I did well. These games are a chance for players like me to show what we can do.

"We have to try and push ourselves into the 23-man squad come the summer, and hopefully that's what I did. It was a positive week for me and I really enjoyed it."

The Dragons have now won just once in their last six outings, but Coleman insists confidence remains high in the camp, a sentiment that's echoed by Williams.

"Our team spirit is unbelievable," he explained. "Our hashtag is #TogetherStronger and that's what it is. It's not just 11 players, it's the whole team, the fans, the coaches, we're just really together, and that's what we need to be going into the Euros.

"We didn't win the last two games but we played really well in both of them, and on other nights we could have easily won. The Ukraine game we slipped up on a set-piece which is something we can sort out, but apart from that we dominated.

"Chris is right, we're playing really well at the moment and things are looking really positive for the summer."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/march/31/no-brainer-for-george

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic must start these 3 Fulham players in every game from now on

It has been a sorry old season for those of a Fulham persuasion during the 2015/16 campaign, with the appointment of Slavisa Jokanovic not yet having the desired effect on the team's performances.

The ex-Watford manager was appointed following the departure of Kit Symons back in December, but thus far he has failed to revive the Cottagers' fortunes.

The club currently sit just one point above the Sky Bet Championship relegation zone and will face a massive couple of months as they look to avoid dropping into League One.

On paper the Fulham squad isn't that bad at all and in Ross McCormack they boast one of the very best strikers outside the Premier League, making their league position all the more baffling.

Serbian boss Jokanovic will have his work cut out trying to get a team who are incredibly short of confidence firing between now and the end of the campaign.

Football League World writer Lee Clarke takes a look at THREE players who Jokanovic should turn to for the rest of the season.....

Marcus Bettinelli

The former England Under-21 goalkeeper has been sorely missed following a series knee injury suffered in a game against Hull City back in August.

He returned to the first-team picture during the Cottagers game against Birmingham City before the international break, putting in an inspired performance to earn him recognition in the Football League's Team of the Week.

The 23-year-old will be a big player for the club between now and the end of the season and his presence between the posts could be telling between now and May.

A good custodian is worth between 10 and 15 points per season. At this stage in the season seven or eight would probably be enough for Fulham to avoid the drop, with Jokanovic now counting on their first choice keeper to come up trumps.

Scott Parker

Fulham central midfielder Parker is blessed with a wealth of Premier League and international experience and that could be crucial for the Cottagers during their run-in.

The likable Parker oozes professionalism and although his legs aren't the driving force they once were, he is still more than capable of doing a job in the Sky Bet Championship.

His leadership and expertise in pressure situations will be vital for the club over the next few weeks, and not too many clubs down at the bottom of the league can showcase a player with such experience.

The 35-year-old could well retire in the summer but you can guarantee that Parker will be focused entirely on ensuring Fulham, are still a Championship club come the end of the season.

Cauley Woodrow

The youngster is seen as a real prospect for the future by coaching staff at Craven Cottage, and it is time that Jokanovic gave him an extended run in the side.

A proper chance to shine in the first-team hasn't really been forthcoming during the 2015/16 campaign and with Moussa Dembele departing in the summer, it is likely that Woodrow will be a first-team regular next season.

Now would be the perfect chance to see whether he is up to the physical demands of Sky Bet Championship football and given his performances for the side when he has been called upon, there aren't too many doubters over his future credentials.

His 15 appearances so far during the current campaign have mainly come from the substitute's bench, yet despite a lack of game time he has managed four goals.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/slavisa-jokanovic-must-start-these-3-fulham-players-in-every-game-from-now-on/

OdecaMynoT

Betinelli seems to have aged radically since being injured at Hull.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

RaySmith

I was at that home game against Hull, when they came  back from 2-0 down, and at Stoke - both completely gutting.

Nice piece of writing though.

cmg

What a great discovery that "footballleagueworld" has proved to be!

Not only do they continue with their promotion of Marcus Lonerganelli, but one of the players they, only two days ago, identified as 'useless' is now trumpeted as 'essential'.

I'm cancelling my subscription to The Beano.

filham

Yes, Woodrow just has to be brought into play for the run in. We need someone up front capable of holding the ball up and challenging well in the air and on the ground.
Jocanovic has to think carefully about starting with either Woodrow or Smith and using Dembele as a impact sub for the last half hour.

Snibbo

Quote from: WhiteJC on April 01, 2016, 08:11:48 AM

Slavisa Jokanovic must start these 3 Fulham players in every game from now on

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/slavisa-jokanovic-must-start-these-3-fulham-players-in-every-game-from-now-on/
Please take away this guy's journalist's licence, if he ever had one