https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

quiet

Started by nose, April 01, 2016, 03:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Quote from: MJG on April 01, 2016, 03:33:21 PM
Nose

this is not aimed at you anyone else, but I do feel that the break has elevated the negativity so high that many are just drained by it and have stopped posting or at least in the numbers they did.
And that's from speaking to a few people hear and there. been the same on other boards and twitter.

So there is the interest, but really not much more to say until the game gets going. I called for us to be united and of course you have a go about free speech etc which was not the point at all, and again i just feel whats the point of even coming on here at times if its just to have another negative thread.
I asked a poster to remove comments on the Dallas cup thread because almost straightaway that was a negative post when the thread was meant to news mainly, not comment. He did and I was grateful for it.

In all honesty its become a tiring place to come at times.

WORD!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

nose

Quote from: MJG on April 01, 2016, 03:33:21 PM
Nose

this is not aimed at you anyone else, but I do feel that the break has elevated the negativity so high that many are just drained by it and have stopped posting or at least in the numbers they did.
And that's from speaking to a few people hear and there. been the same on other boards and twitter.

So there is the interest, but really not much more to say until the game gets going. I called for us to be united and of course you have a go about free speech etc which was not the point at all, and again i just feel whats the point of even coming on here at times if its just to have another negative thread.
I asked a poster to remove comments on the Dallas cup thread because almost straightaway that was a negative post when the thread was meant to news mainly, not comment. He did and I was grateful for it.

In all honesty its become a tiring place to come at times.

Actually I have to say i agree with you.
come match day i am usually rather quiet at the game, never boo or jeer, that is vastly counterproductive no matter how dire it is. I sometimes groan or generate a level of frustration but that is what we all do.
I am united
i want what is best
Unfortunately it is totally outside my nature to keep quiet with such massive errors continuing to be left uncorrected, I just can't and in fact do not feel that is the right thing to do. but i do understand your sentiment.
I want us to be united too! Unfortunately for me that means not towing the party line. my critisism is of the club officials. we may differ on indiviodual players or formation but that is the beauty of football, and we do not have to agree,
but my venom is not aimed at the players but the management and what you see is my frustration boiling over that we have needlessly fallen so far so quickly and nothing is being done to correct the situation.
we are playing MK Dons for heavens sake in relegation six pointer, it is a pathetic circumstance to find the club I love so deeply being in.

The club I love so much, and that is why i think we should 100% unite behind the team, tomorrow, no doubt win lose or draw but continue to scream at the awful leadership and management that has brought us this stunning and unbelievable decline.

And for a game of such import, i am still amazed at how quiet it was.

Carborundum

I find this message board excellent reading when it comes to dissecting what we have collectively just seen.  Football is a game where you have to pick and choose what to watch and to read the insights of others is just great.

It's been a while since the last match, so that's not possible right now, but we have a busy month ahead.

As for predicting the future, well I'll leave that to the Nostradumusses (Nostradami?) amongst our ranks.  I haven't got a clue.  Bookmakers seem to think we are the more likely winners today, but I'm happy to give the team a cheer and let it all unfurl. COYW.

Logicalman

Quote from: BedsFFC on April 01, 2016, 05:19:55 PM
Everything has been said a thousand times. I can't give more to this football club. More importantly, whatever I do will make an absolute zero impact on what happens on or off the pitch. Maybe it was always like that but right now, I feel so inconsequential to this club.

I absolutely hate the term Fulhamish. There we were 3 years ago, happily jogging along in the promised land. Here we are now, on the verge of dropping to the lower tiers of English football. You'd expect a fan backlash for a rogue Chairman, a terrible FA sanction or the worst manager ever.

No. We've had people and have people with the best interest of the club at heart who have just made bad decision after bad decision.

We've sat here thinking it will turn. But no.

I'm not angry or sad. I don't want a scapegoat. I like the Chairman and I like the Manager. I actually think we have potentially the best Chairman manager combo. Christ, Shahid built a swimming pool into the stadium for his other team.

You honestly couldn't make it up. 4th richest chairman in England and has best interests for club.

The players are pretty good. No donkeys.

But, here we are on the brink of another relegation. I've got nobody to be angry with and that feels really Fulhamish

Good Post, I feel that sums up my thinking as well.

Its just too easy to find a scapegoat, even if so many are about it appears, and that's the blame game for you.

I feel the past vitriol towards everything Fulham-board has morphed into a malaise of kinds and until something happens, be that a sudden improvement that causes us to stay up, or the mathematical certainty of relegation, then this will remain the status quo, albeit with a few match-day eruptions of course.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

.. on a brighter note, great match last night between the Ha Has and Boro, with Boro showing why they should be promoted. That lad Adomah is something else!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

nose

Quote from: Logicalman on April 02, 2016, 11:47:52 AM
Quote from: BedsFFC on April 01, 2016, 05:19:55 PM
Everything has been said a thousand times. I can't give more to this football club. More importantly, whatever I do will make an absolute zero impact on what happens on or off the pitch. Maybe it was always like that but right now, I feel so inconsequential to this club.

I absolutely hate the term Fulhamish. There we were 3 years ago, happily jogging along in the promised land. Here we are now, on the verge of dropping to the lower tiers of English football. You'd expect a fan backlash for a rogue Chairman, a terrible FA sanction or the worst manager ever.

No. We've had people and have people with the best interest of the club at heart who have just made bad decision after bad decision.

We've sat here thinking it will turn. But no.

I'm not angry or sad. I don't want a scapegoat. I like the Chairman and I like the Manager. I actually think we have potentially the best Chairman manager combo. Christ, Shahid built a swimming pool into the stadium for his other team.

You honestly couldn't make it up. 4th richest chairman in England and has best interests for club.

The players are pretty good. No donkeys.

But, here we are on the brink of another relegation. I've got nobody to be angry with and that feels really Fulhamish

Good Post, I feel that sums up my thinking as well.

Its just too easy to find a scapegoat, even if so many are about it appears, and that's the blame game for you.

I feel the past vitriol towards everything Fulham-board has morphed into a malaise of kinds and until something happens, be that a sudden improvement that causes us to stay up, or the mathematical certainty of relegation, then this will remain the status quo, albeit with a few match-day eruptions of course.

This is what i do not get...
It's not a scapegoat we are after. It is find out what is wrong and fix it. In that respect it is down to individuals.
Not scapegoats because that implies innocents people set up to take the blame.

NogoodBoyo

The management of the club has been depressing for ages. The team's performances have been depressing for ages.  The results have been depressing for ages.  Therefore, this messageboard is obviously......depressing.
Having said that, I still enjoy coming on here for brief moments to revisit old friends and down an imaginary pint or two whilst finding out what's going on. 
My problem is that there is one dominant poster who just really urinates me off with his endless repetitive smugness.  I try to ignore his posts.  I try to understand his position (he only has one as he doesn't get out much).  I try to be nice.  But you cannot ignore an angry boil on the end of your nose, can you?
No, it's not you nose - I enjoy most of your opinions most of the time.  And your heart is in the right place.
Nogood "lance the bloody boil, isit" Boyo

Berserker

I can't use Tapatalk any more on here so can't access the site so easily on my Samsung phone.
Anyhow if Fulham aren't playing and this site mostly discusses Fulham  then there isn't much to talk about I suppose
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.