more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

quiet

Started by nose, April 01, 2016, 03:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

it seems to be very quiet on the MB and has been for days
With the advent of arguably the biggest game since 2008 away at Portsmouth I woukld have thought it may have been a bit more boisterous.

Mince n Tatties

Nothing to get worked up over at moment.
We all really know MK will wop  us 0-4 and that will
be that.
I will divorce the wife and move to a remote Pacific
Island where I will become famously known as
The Goatman of Moo Moo land.
Wooly Mammoth will become the next Mayor of London,
Fulham Ben will will open a school of appreciation for
Matt Smith,Davew will drown in 50 gallons of Gin
in a bunker at St Andrews,and Baszab will run away and
set up home with Kit Symons.
And Craven Cottage becomes the ground most league 1
fans want to visit.
Coyw.. 049:gif

MJG

Nose

this is not aimed at you anyone else, but I do feel that the break has elevated the negativity so high that many are just drained by it and have stopped posting or at least in the numbers they did.
And that's from speaking to a few people hear and there. been the same on other boards and twitter.

So there is the interest, but really not much more to say until the game gets going. I called for us to be united and of course you have a go about free speech etc which was not the point at all, and again i just feel whats the point of even coming on here at times if its just to have another negative thread.
I asked a poster to remove comments on the Dallas cup thread because almost straightaway that was a negative post when the thread was meant to news mainly, not comment. He did and I was grateful for it.

In all honesty its become a tiring place to come at times.

Mince n Tatties

It's them Internationals and no games over
Easter that have depressed me.

Dodger53

Apart from the riverside development I cannot think of one positive thing about supporting Fulham at present.

Some on this MB still think the majority of the squad are good players, I dont.

The club site (Parker) talks about MK being a good football playing side, no they are not. They will be saying how soft we are and how easy it is to win at the Cottage.

I am actually dreading the ST renewal dropping on the door mat because I will tear myself apart thinking I should vote with my feet to tell the club what I think of their miss management and then probably renew anyway.

cmg

Quote from: MJG on April 01, 2016, 03:33:21 PM
Nose

this is not aimed at you anyone else, but I do feel that the break has elevated the negativity so high that many are just drained by it and have stopped posting or at least in the numbers they did.
And that's from speaking to a few people hear and there. been the same on other boards and twitter.

So there is the interest, but really not much more to say until the game gets going. I called for us to be united and of course you have a go about free speech etc which was not the point at all, and again i just feel whats the point of even coming on here at times if its just to have another negative thread.
I asked a poster to remove comments on the Dallas cup thread because almost straightaway that was a negative post when the thread was meant to news mainly, not comment. He did and I was grateful for it.

I hate to totally agree with anybody, so I won't!

But I think this is pretty much on the money, at least as far as I am concerned.

RaySmith

Whatever people think about the way the club's been run in recent years, we should forget all that  for the moment, and get fully  behind the team at this crucial time in the club's history..

copthornemike

Quote from: RaySmith on April 01, 2016, 04:07:03 PM
Whatever people think about the way the club's been run in recent years, we should forget all that  for the moment, and get fully  behind the team at this crucial time in the club's history..
0001.jpeg

049:gif

filham

We are at our lowest point for a decade and with no matches at Easter our minds have fully focused on our position, the quiet spell is the reaction.

Just hope fans can find the will to get to the Cottage tomorrow to create a good Fulham atmosphere , if this quiet feeling is carried over to the match then the team will be under a handicap.

filham

Quote from: filham on April 01, 2016, 04:16:31 PM
We are at our lowest point for a decade and with no matches at Easter our minds have fully focused on our position, the quiet spell is the reaction.

Just hope fans can find the will to get to the Cottage tomorrow to create a good Fulham atmosphere , if this quiet feeling is carried over to the match then the team will be under a handicap.
Sorry we are in fact at our lowest point for over two decades, please let tomorrow be the turning point.

westcliff white

Nose

As a mod I come on every day to have a look, but as a poster, I have to say I have not been posting that much due to the subject covered so well here by MJG.

I know we are struggling but as MJG said on a thread he started we all need to be together rather than in fighting and blaming anyone and everyone. Yes we are fans and we get down and have a very good board here to voice our opinions and discuss those issues, however the amount of negativity and shouting down everyone is quite depressing at times
Every day is a Fulham day

Lighthouse

Well I think the reasons have been well answered. Unless you believe in the idea that our manager is good and it is just a few individual mistakes that have caused the problem you are called negative. If you don't go along with the idea that it is all a past managers fault you are called negative. If you don't agree with a post you are called negative. I am one that likes a debate and have made my views clear but appreciate many disagree. However we cannot be anything but negative and frankly I think the FOF forum is remarkably well behaved considering what the fans and supporters have had to endure over the last few seasons. The side and the way we lose hasn't changed so nor have the viewpoints expressed time and time again. So what more can any of us say?

However we will ALL support the side and hope we can improve results. None of us want to be here playing MK Dons let alone playing them and scared of not winning. So better to be quiet then repeat our individual moans and concerns. But being positive or negative doesn't change the result. That is down to the team. As SJ has said. A win will not change the fact we need to win again a few more times and losing will not change the fact we need to win again a few more times.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BedsFFC

Everything has been said a thousand times. I can't give more to this football club. More importantly, whatever I do will make an absolute zero impact on what happens on or off the pitch. Maybe it was always like that but right now, I feel so inconsequential to this club.

I absolutely hate the term Fulhamish. There we were 3 years ago, happily jogging along in the promised land. Here we are now, on the verge of dropping to the lower tiers of English football. You'd expect a fan backlash for a rogue Chairman, a terrible FA sanction or the worst manager ever.

No. We've had people and have people with the best interest of the club at heart who have just made bad decision after bad decision.

We've sat here thinking it will turn. But no.

I'm not angry or sad. I don't want a scapegoat. I like the Chairman and I like the Manager. I actually think we have potentially the best Chairman manager combo. Christ, Shahid built a swimming pool into the stadium for his other team.

You honestly couldn't make it up. 4th richest chairman in England and has best interests for club.

The players are pretty good. No donkeys.

But, here we are on the brink of another relegation. I've got nobody to be angry with and that feels really Fulhamish

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 01, 2016, 04:43:06 PM
It's the lull before the storm. I have contemplated becoming a Man of the cloth, and devoting the rest of my life to drinking Pimms No. 1, as that's what vicars do I am to understand. Many years ago I use to have to do site inspections at Churches, to determine fire risk and safety, and almost every Vicar smelt strongly of alcohol and wine, especially the communal wine, and on the odd occasion Meths. Not a bad job if you can get it, and a life of Riley, watching the rest of us having to earn a living. Anyway, I am cool as a cucumber, because I feel relaxed and laid back, almost horizontal.
So I have a warm feeling in my boots, so how come I am as cool as a cucumber, but warm in my boots, I haven't worked that out yet. But despite the pressure, the team will not only win, but put on an impressive display.
I have emailed Mr Khan to inform him that if we lose, the next time I see him down my local, I will cut off his moustache with a pair of shears.

There is a church at Esher where there was a distinct metal plated warning  sign on the outside wall , located close to a box and a cable, saying " Beware of Services". Could never make up my mind whether the sign was posted by the Bishop or a Safety Officer.

Chesh

Quote from: nose on April 01, 2016, 03:10:16 PM
With the advent of arguably the biggest game since 2008 away at Portsmouth I woukld have thought it may have been a bit more boisterous.

I would use the term 'arguably the biggest' very loosely, bearing in mind we had to win that game to stay up. Yes, it is important, but with 8 games to go, it's hardly do or die tomorrow.

My feeling is that the players are sufficiently focussed on getting the job done without the pressure of knowing it's their last chance.

I'm actually very positive going into this game, and have been since digging out a point up at Brum.

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

BestOfBrede

Nose

0001.jpeg
Far to negative recently, anyone (outsiders) would think we aren't supporters.

Apprentice to the Maestro

I agree with MJG.

There is nothing new to talk about and most threads, even the factual ones, get weighed down with negative posts from the same self-obsessed, one theme posters so that most threads are pretty much identical.

A couple of posts on this thread prove the point.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Chesh on April 01, 2016, 06:18:33 PM
Quote from: nose on April 01, 2016, 03:10:16 PM

I would use the term 'arguably the biggest' very loosely, bearing in mind we had to win that game to stay up. Yes, it is important, but with 8 games to go, it's hardly do or die tomorrow.

My feeling is that the players are sufficiently focussed on getting the job done without the pressure of knowing it's their last chance.

I'm actually very positive going into this game, and have been since digging out a point up at Brum.

It's not a big game for us. It is a big game for people involved in the running of team and the team. Frankly, it's a game they all stood up and showed us how good they all are.
I've done more than my share over the years.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 01, 2016, 04:43:06 PM
It's the lull before the storm. I have contemplated becoming a Man of the cloth, and devoting the rest of my life to drinking Pimms No. 1, as that's what vicars do I am to understand. Many years ago I use to have to do site inspections at Churches, to determine fire risk and safety, and almost every Vicar smelt strongly of alcohol and wine, especially the communal wine, and on the odd occasion Meths. Not a bad job if you can get it, and a life of Riley, watching the rest of us having to earn a living. Anyway, I am cool as a cucumber, because I feel relaxed and laid back, almost horizontal.
So I have a warm feeling in my boots, so how come I am as cool as a cucumber, but warm in my boots, I haven't worked that out yet. But despite the pressure, the team will not only win, but put on an impressive display.
I have emailed Mr Khan to inform him that if we lose, the next time I see him down my local, I will cut off his moustache with a pair of shears.

Warm feeling in your boots....I'd suggest placing your tally wacker outside your pants so that the "warmth" doesn't run into your boots. Just a thought. Hope that helps. LOL
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Fulham 442

Agree with MJG.  I can't go tomorrow as I have a prior commitment and I don't know whether to be upset or relieved.  I have to say that at  the games I have attended this season our fans have been very quiet, and we're not the loudest at the best of times.   I didn't think we would bounce straight back up to the Prem but I certainly didn't think we would be looking at another relegation, and in such a short space of time.  I thought we may have a couple of seasons in the Championship regrouping and growing stronger etc but no it has just been a complete disaster.  Our managerial turnover has been instrumental in this and has also made us a laughing stock but I feel Mad Magath must take a lot of the blame for the position we find ourselves in.  I think I, like a lot of Fulham fans, am completely shell shocked at our situation and tbh feel quite depressed.  I feel like we are the Villa of the Championship as recently  we just don't seem to show any fight or togetherness. Half the team don't want to be there and the other half are useless...