more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from the city of concrete round abouts

Started by terryr, April 01, 2016, 03:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

One of their forums is called "concrete roundabout" so I'm not taking the p*ss

" Manager Karl Robinson has devised a novel way of preparing his players before tomorrow's crucial match at Fulham.
Robbo explained that the roads into London are notoriously unpredictable and felt that heavy traffic was to blame for the big defeats at Brentford and QPR earlier this season.
This time things will be different, with the Dons taking a fast train to Blackfriars before enjoying a relaxing pleasure cruise along the Thames to Craven Cottage.The players are very excited about this day out according to Robbo. The boat's bar will serving sports drinks and a healthy pre-match buffet will be laid on to ensure all arrive at Fulham perfectly prepared for this vital six-pointer."

" Will anyone be weeing into glasses on the boat?!

" Everyone will be - it's tradition now."

" Fulham have said: Tomorrow all dons fans must sit where there ticket says, and no standing will be allowed , full stop, also if they sing anything that upsets the home fans, they will be removed from the ground ,be warned, what a good day it will be for us, never mind."

" Happy 1st April."

" Ha ha that did not work very well, yes it is April the first, mind you apart from upsetting the home fans, I could be right with the other two things, hope not."

" Just thinking back to our recent performances in must win matches I.e Bolton away and Bristol at home....
Will we get three points at Fulham or will it be another bottle job?"

" Problem we have is we dont know what team he'll pick or how he'll tell them to play but i'll edge toward bottling it."

" Recent away performances against stronger opposition give some hope (Derby and Hull)
We seem to be more relaxed against the better teams in this league but it worries me how we either don't perform or make stupid mistakes against the bunch in and around us.
Fingers crossed we go for it... I won't mind making the journey to see us have a right good go at Fulham"

"Definitely the biggest game now. Although not winning is not necessarily the same as 'bottling it'."

" It will be on here...
I'd be happy with a point anyway. Going into the two home games against Wolves and Rotherham within striking distance is crucial."

" I agree. It's certainly a must-not lose, though, although I am concerned how we'll deal with Fulham and their attack if both Fadz and Walsh are missing. Is there any chance Joe will be back?"

" I'm sure Walsh will be back. He said "two or three weeks" at the QPR game. Should be fine unless there's been a setback...
I actually think we'll apeal Fadz red card, although I'm not sure it'll work. The logical thing would be to reduce it to a second yellow (that would still leave us short for the Fulham game though, of course). However, I'm not sure that option is available under the appeals procedure anyhow. There didn't look to be an elbow unless it was on the blind side and the East Stand linesman saw something we didn't. I don't recall him flagging though."

"Fulham score plenty and we only can avoid trouble really due to them being very leaky defensively. The big worry is do we have the firepower to exploit that? As the divisions lowest scorers the signs aren't good"

" Rotherham is bigger, Fulham are basically in free fall and we could arguably get away with a draw and still stay up, Rotherham are on fire and we need to beat them"

" ??
Surely that makes Fulham the bigger game, no? If Rotherham continue their form they're safe. Fulham are struggling and could easily fill that last relegation spot, along with us. it's the 'big one' if you ask me."

" While I agree with your assertion that the next three games are the most crucial of the season, we could lose all three of them and we'd still be able (mathematically at least) be able to get ourselves out of trouble. Having Fadz back for those last five games (still with two bookings to spare) is obviously deemed more important."

" The next three games are the biggest of the season so far - by some considerable distance. Nobody knows what position we'll be in after that, we could be as good as down, or could have dragged ourselves away from the relegation zone. But they are three massive games, and so it seems a no-brainer to try and make sure you have your best players available, rather than save them for games that may or may not matter as much."

" As of 2pm today ( March 29) 1,220 tickets sold, 10 coaches so far."

" Oh dear. Really?
I was hoping for a nice quiet day away from the wife.
Now I suppose there will lots of silly, noisy shouting.
I've not forgotten Coventry last year. I was reliably informed we were only taking 11 and the damn place was full when I got there."

" Need as many supporters as possible to make the trip to Fulham Saturday. Definitely a 6 pointer!!
Gutted I can't get out of work"

" I am much encouraged by the strength of our support for Saturday's game. It has been a tough season and sad that some posts have suggested we might be better off returning to division 1 The support for Saturday says it all - we want to keep Championship football at Stadium:MK. I would add that I picked up my ticket today, didn't look at it until this afternoon and find I am in row B, uncovered. I emailed Fulham who kindly replied that I must contact our box office. Sadly I was too late this afternoon and cannot get back to MK being in London tomorrow and have appointments on Friday. I'm banking on being able to move further back on the day. The good news, however, is that Fulham are sending more tickets over so can we reach 1689 we took to Coventry. Hope so."

" Fulham Away 2nd April 2016 – Match Preview
Published April 1, 2016 | By Brando
The MooCamp Radio Show Issue 2.21So it's starting to get serious then

Airfix

Quote from: TerryR on April 01, 2016, 03:48:07 PM
Jimmy Hill was their Chairman at one point, and they ended up getting relegated on the basis of a goals scored rule (as opposed to goal difference) that Jimmy introduced
Mohammed Al Fayed used to own them, and might still do for all I know
They used to have a statue of Michael Jackson outside their ground, which is perhaps the most surreal of all the football-related statues that have ever existed in these isles

First three comments from this numpty and every one of them incorrect.

We ended up not winning a title over the goals-scored rule and went up second.
MAF doesn't own us any more (although I accept that he claims to doubt his understanding here)
We used to have a statue of Jackson inside the ground.

cmg

Thanks for that Terry.

Apart from one or two fairly unimportant details, I thought their bloke was witty and quite entertaining, reasonably fair in his assessments and, in fact, educational - I didn't know about John Fox Watson (or the hot dogs).

filham

If we could arrange something special in the Broadway that would throw their coach driver adrift then that boat trip gag could back fire on them.