more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (02/04/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, April 02, 2016, 08:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Tickets: Fulham (A)

Tickets for Nottingham Forest's trip to Fulham on Saturday 23 April (kick-off 3pm) are now on priority sale.

The club have received an initial allocation of 1,640 seated away tickets for the fixture.

Tickets go on sale to the following supporters at 9am on these dates:

Away members: On sale now
Season ticket holders: Friday 8 April
NFFC members: Tuesday 12 April
General sale (subject to availability): Friday 15 April

Tickets are priced as follows:

Adult: £25
65 and over: £20
Under 21: £20
Under 16: £15

Tickets are restricted to one per customer number. Every individual who purchases away tickets must provide their customer number. They will be allocated a loyalty point which may be required to purchase tickets for high-demand fixtures.

Disabled supporters

In line with Fulham's ticketing policy, tickets for supporters with a disability and personal assistants are available to those who receive the higher rate of disability living allowance, personal independence payment or attendance allowance.

Wheelchair users and ambulant disabled supporters should purchase tickets in advance from Forest. There are five wheelchair bays available for visiting supporters. Tickets for ambulant disabled supporters will be issued from the main allocation.

Supporters who apply for wheelchair/ambulant disabled tickets:

Adult: £12.50
65 and over: £10
Under 21: £10
Under 16: £7.50

Official coach travel

Price: £18

Departure points: Newark Northgate train station (8.45am), Bingham White Lion (9.15am) and Brian Clough Stand (9.45pm).

Tickets can be purchased online at tickets.nottinghamforest.co.uk, in-person at the ticket office or by calling 0115 982 4388.

Read more at http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/fulham-v-forest-tickets-2460586.aspx#ExHtuQRzE9AhRLF6.99

WhiteJC

MK Dons Factfile

Fulham and Milton Keynes Dons meet in a crunch fixture at Craven Cottage on Saturday, knowing that the losers will end the day in the Sky Bet Championship drop zone.

The opposition

An excellent start to their first-ever season in the second tier saw the Dons claim seven points from their opening four matches, but they've struggled for consistency since and are yet to string consecutive wins together.

March was a fairly productive month for them, though, as they put together a three-match unbeaten run that saw them defeat Queens Park Rangers before claiming draws away at both Charlton Athletic and Hull City.

They almost pulled off a superb comeback in their last match, too. Trailing 2-0 at home to promotion hopefuls Brighton & Hove Albion, they grabbed a goal back through Anthony Kay before winning a penalty in stoppage time, only for Carl Baker to fluff his lines from 12 yards.

Team news

Kyle McFadzean was sent off in the Seagulls defeat so will miss the trip to SW6. Expect new loan signing Kevin Long to replace him at the heart of the defence following his temporary switch from Burnley. Goalkeeper David Martin was absent last time out with a hamstring injury, but this time a fractured hand rules him out. Winger Rob Hall has a knee injury so will not feature, although Joe Walsh and Jake Forster-Caskey are back in contention.

Tickets

Tickets are still available for supporters to buy, priced from £25 adults and £15 juniors. Prices will increase by £5 on matchday.

Weather

It should remain dry in Fulham throughout the match, with some sunny spells and temperatures of around 14 degrees.

Coral match odds

Fulham: 20/23

Draw: 13/5

MK Dons: 3/1

(Odds subject to change)

Last time we met

The two sides played out a 1-1 draw when we met in competitive action for the first time back in November. Dean Bowditch went close with a rasping drive from 30 yards that drew a sprawling save from Joe Lewis, with the Fulham stopper then making another good parry as Jacob Murphy also tried his luck from range. The Whites should have gone in front when Ross McCormack squared for Moussa Dembélé, but the youngster skied his effort from five yards. Bowditch broke the deadlock with a fine left-footed shot from the edge of the box after half an hour, before Luke Garbutt cleared an effort off the line. Dembélé then made amends for his earlier miss by converting another McCormack centre. Both sides had chances to win it in the second half, with McCormack going closest when his low strike was hacked off the line.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/01/mk-dons-factfile?

WhiteJC

Marks To Prove It

"I've got a lovely little scar down the middle of my knee. The surgeon did a terrific job, it's worked out really well. And then the fitness staff and physios here have also put in a lot of hard work with me over the last six or seven months."

Marcus Bettinelli is discussing the aftermath of the serious knee injury he suffered at Hull City back in August after an accidental collision with teammate Matt Smith.

"I knew as soon as I hit the ground," Bettinelli tells Saturday's official matchday programme. "It felt like Matty was still lying on my leg when he was actually rolling on the floor. As soon as it happened, I knew that was me done. I've had knee injuries in the past and it was a totally different sensation. I was in such agony and I could tell from the pain that I'd be out for some time."

Bettinelli, runner-up in Fulham's Player of the Year awards last season, was indeed out for seven months. To the day. Having suffered the injury on 19th August, he finally returned to First Team action when the Whites drew 1-1 at Birmingham City in their last match on 19th March.

"I came in during the week and I just had a feeling I might get back in," said Bettinelli. "Training just sort of led up to that, I was more involved and the gaffer told me on the Friday that he was going to play me. It was great to have that feeling again as I hadn't experienced it for such a long time. That feeling of, 'right, I'm playing tomorrow so I need to be ready.'

"It wasn't a pretty game at Birmingham, it was never going to be, and I don't think the next eight matches will be either. It's about getting as many points on the board as we can and at Birmingham it was an important point. We're going to have to fight for points and if it means doing the dirty side of the game well, then so be it."

If selected against Milton Keynes Dons on Saturday, Bettinelli will make his 50th appearance for Fulham in all competitions. While pleased to have reached that milestone, three points today against the Whites' relegation rivals will mean much more to him.

"We know what a massive game we've got against MK Dons, they're a point below us in the table in the final relegation places," added Bettinelli. "We're all so aware of the position we're in and we're fighting for our lives. We're all seriously ready for MK Dons. With eight games to go, it's in our hands."

To read the full interview with Bettinelli, get your hands on the award-winning matchday programme on Saturday.

Other highlights in the only matchday magazine that matters - which is also available to download digitally from 9am on Saturday - are:

Head Coach Slaviša Jokanović pens his programme notes
Captain Scott Parker looks back on Fulham's last two games and the huge clash with the Dons
Rohan Ince answers some random questions in the Name Game
Brian Cottington recalls his stint in SW6
MK Dons defender Dean Lewington discusses his Fulham connections
Midsomer Murders star Neil Dudgeon talks about his love for the Whites
Les Strong writes his latest column
We focus on Fulham's Under-19s' run to the Dallas Cup Final
And we continue to take a walk down memory lane to the 1998/99 promotion-winning season

Priced £3.50, the 84-page publication is available from various sellers on Stevenage Road from two hours before kick-off. Or order it online from ProgrammeMaster.

For just £1.99, the programme is also available as a digital download with added video content from 9am on Saturday, so whether you're at home or away, you need never be without it on your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, PC or Mac via Apple's Newsstand or Pocketmags.

Or to ensure you don't miss a single copy of the official matchday programme, purchase a subscription. Head here for full details.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/01/marks-to-prove-it?

WhiteJC

Dons prepare for the crunch at the Cottage

They will never admit it, but the MK Dons squad travel to Craven Cottage on Saturday knowing defeat would almost certainly spell the end of their Championship stay.

Dons currently sit a point behind the Cottagers in the first of the relegation spots. With Rotherham a point further up the road, Dons could find themselves cut as many as four points adrift by 5pm on Saturday night with seven games remaining.

Psychologically, chucking away a six point advantage in favour of a four point deficit in a little over a month without a particularly poor performance of which to speak will be a huge obstacle to get over.

The next three games, coming in the space of seven days, will probably spell out their fate, one way or another.

Saturday's opponents Fulham boast two of the best strikers in the division in the form of Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembele, with their defensive woes far more prominent than their front line deserves, culminating in their 21st position as things stand.

But Dons have come up against plenty of fierce strikers this season, tried and tested at this level, and have come away fairly unscathed, truth be told. Jordan Rhodes was ineffective for Blackburn, but managed to bundle one in in stoppage time for new club Middlesbrough - hardly setting the world alight in either of his appearances against Karl Robinson's side. Similarly, Dons kept Abel Hernandez quiet at Hull and Derby's Chris Martin was almost anonymous in both games. McCormack and Dembele could need to do something special to break Dons down.

Following Fulham, Dons play host to Wolves on Tuesday night before fellow relegation candidates Rotherham arrive the following Saturday, in what should be yet another six pointer.

Realistically, Dons need two wins from these three games but that will be easier said than done. Teams at the bottom have to scrap for their lives, and while Rotherham have done extremely well to get out of the mire they found themselves in six weeks ago, they're certainly not out of the woods.

This will be a week to test their mettle though. Throughout the season, Dons have fought to be part of the accepted Championship fraternity and a season-long cameo won't aid that much.

But while the negatives are there for everyone to see, winning on Saturday could see Dons move a couple of points clear of the drop zone and sitting as high as 20th place, breathing a deep sigh of relief ahead of two winnable home matches. By this time next week, the landscape could look considerably different, considerably less ominous and considerably brighter.

It'll all depend on who wants it more on Saturday.

Read more: http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/mk-dons/mk-dons-news/dons-prepare-for-the-crunch-at-the-cottage-1-7306067#ixzz44eP1lCo9

WhiteJC

Michael Madl makes rallying cry as Fulham fear dropping into League One

Shahid Khan had plenty to ponder with Slavisa Jokanovic when he visited the Fulham training ground during the international break.

Fulham are in danger of dropping out of the Championship after a run of six games without a win that leaves them one point above the relegation zone.

It is not unusual for Khan, who was in London on a scheduled trip, to drop in at Motspur Park, but the American owner is concerned by the position the team is in. He used his latest visit to speak to Jokanovic about plans for the summer, which suggests he has faith in the 47-year-old Serb for now. But both men will be aware that League One beckons unless results improve in their remaining eight matches.

Fulham are lying 21st after winning just three times in 15 matches since Jokanovic took over in December. They face of a crunch game against MK Dons tomorrow knowing a defeat at Craven Cottage would see them drop into the bottom three.

Khan could never have anticipated Fulham would be in this position when he bought the west London club for around £150m nearly three years ago. Fulham had just finished 12th in the Premier League. But relegation followed 12 months later and things have not gone to plan since.

This was supposed to be the season they challenged for a return to the top-flight, but a push for the play-offs has not materialised.

Kit Symons was sacked in November following an inconsistent start. Two different caretaker managers took charge for seven games before Jokanovic was appointed, but results have not improved. Any plans to strengthen the squad in January were hit by a transfer embargo for breaking financial fair play regulations last season. They have taken 11 points from a possible 42 this year and that form has left them in a precarious position.

Defensive problems have been a big part of the problem. Fulham are the second highest scorers in the division but lapses at the back continue to cost them. They have conceded 64 goals, including 29 from set pieces, which is by far the highest in the second tier.

Defender Michael Madl believes a lack of concentration is to blame. "We have to be more solid," he said. "We know our situation is difficult but we still believe in ourselves and that we have enough to get out of there. The spirit is still good. We are working well on the training ground and we have to show that at the weekend."

Fulham have lost half of their home games this season but Madl believes the two-week break has done them good ahead of the visit of MK Dons. "It was good for us mentally," said Madl. "We worked really well during the break. We know it is a massive game."

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/michael-madl-makes-rallying-cry-as-fulham-fear-dropping-into-league-one-a3216161.html

WhiteJC

Parker: Grind It Out

Scott Parker wants Fulham to carry the grit and determination shown against Birmingham City into the final eight fixtures of the season.

A dogged 90 minutes saw the Whites come away from St Andrew's with a well-earned point prior to the international break, and our Captain wants to see more of the same.

"The positive thing coming out of Birmingham was the way we dug in," Parker told the official website. "We've said the same things many a time this season, that we're a good side, we play nice football, but results haven't come our way.

"I think we've all learnt that this league isn't about playing nice all the time, it's about grinding out results. We've got to have a bit about us and show a bit of character, sometimes play ugly football to get results, and certainly I felt we did that against Birmingham.

"It wasn't a pretty game, far from it in fact, it was probably one of the worst games we've played football-wise all season, but we came out of it with a point and on another day it could have been three.

"I think that needs to be our mentality, certainly for the next eight games, and then we can look forward to next year."

Milton Keynes Dons arrive at the Cottage on Saturday for the definition of a six-pointer, as the losers will find themselves in the relegation zone.

"They're a good footballing side, they've got strong beliefs on how they want to play football, so it will obviously be another difficult game," Parker said of Karl Robinson's men.

"Coming to Craven Cottage, I'm sure they'll see it as a big game for them. It will be a tough one for us, but every game so far and every game up until the end of the season is going to be tough.

"But as long as our mentality's right, as long as we produce the performance that we all know we can, then I'm sure we'll be alright.

"We've had a bit of a break, had a chance to recharge the batteries, organise ourselves, get some good training in, so it's been a good couple of weeks.

"We got a positive result against Birmingham, and we've got a massive game now at the weekend, and I'm sure I'll be saying the same things for the next seven after that. Every game is a massive one, starting with MK Dons."

In Parker, Fulham boast arguably the most experienced player in the division, and the 35-year-old is hoping his know-how can benefit the side during the final run-in.

"I've got vast experience being my age and having played a lot of football matches," he stated. "So whenever I can be a help to the younger players or players who have maybe not been in this situation, if I can guide in any way or help or support, then, of course, I will.

"That's what we're all trying to do. We're all focused, we understand our roles, we all understand what needs to be done, and like I've said many a time, we need everyone behind us.

"At times this year we've probably not given the fans enough to shout about, but they've stuck with us and hopefully they can stick with us for the remaining part of the season because we need them as much as anything."

Get behind the boys on Saturday against MK Dons, with tickets priced from just £25 for adults and £15 for juniors.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/01/scott-parker-grind-it-out?

WhiteJC

Chris Baird back for Fulham clash with MK Dons

Fulham are hoping Chris Baird returns from the knock that has kept him sidelined since the 2-2 draw with Reading on March 5 for Saturday's visit by MK Dons.

Baird has been unavailable since and also missed Northern Ireland's matches against Wales and Slovenia during the recent international break.

Fulham are monitoring the fitness of Fernando Amorebieta after the defender injured his ankle while warming up for the 1-1 draw with Birmingham.

Midfielder Alexander Kacaniklic has been sidelined since the draw at the Madejski Stadium and is a doubt.

Goalkeeper David Martin faces a battle to fit in time for MK Dons' trip to west London with continued hamstring trouble.

Martin suffered a recurrence of his hamstring problem and missed the game against Brighton, and remains a doubt for Saturday's match.

Joe Walsh and Jake Forster-Caskey are both back in contention after injury however, while Kyle McFadzean starts his three-match suspension.

Defender Walsh has been missing since the end of February, while Forster-Caskey has recovered from a foot injury which forced him out of three games.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/english-league-championship/match/423045/fulham-milton-keynes-dons/preview

WhiteJC

Fulham duo ruled out of MK Dons match

Lasse Vigen Christensen and Chris Baird have both been ruled out of Fulham's home game with MK Dons on Saturday.

Christensen remains sidelined with the hamstring injury picked up in the derby win at QPR in February.

Baird has missed the Whites' last two games, against Bristol City and Birmingham, and failed to recover in time for Northern Ireland's matches against Wales and Slovenia.

MK Dons, meanwhile, have a concern over first-choice goalkeeper David Martin, although defender Joe Walsh and midfielder Jake Forster-Caskey are fit again.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-duo-ruled-out-of-mk-dons-match?

WhiteJC

Jokanović's MK Dons Preview

While Slaviša Jokanović acknowledges the magnitude of Saturday's meeting with Milton Keynes Dons, he insists the result will not necessarily determine how the rest of the season plays out.

Just a point separates the two sides going into the Craven Cottage encounter, but when asked if it's a relegation six-pointer, Jokanović replied: "It's a classic phrase but it's not a race between us and MK Dons. There are many teams in this battle.

"If we win this game we're not going to be 100 per cent safe, if we lose this game we're not relegated. In front of us we're fighting for 24 points.

"It's very clear it's an important game for us, but it's not the definitive or last game for us or for MK Dons."

With eight matches to go, Fulham currently sit just outside the drop zone, but Jokanović has faith in his troops to get the necessary results to pull away from danger following the international break.

"I believe it was a good break for us," he stated. "We've had time to work, we've had time to clear our minds, we've had time to understand what's in front of us.

"We've rested very well and we've done good work in these two weeks, and now it's time to start performing.

"Generally, life is full of challenges. We're in one situation where we have in front of us eight matches to resolve our situation. We're not dead, we're still alive and we're in a better position than some teams in this moment of the season.

"We don't need to panic and we don't need to be scared. Our situation is like life in general; sometimes there are many good and nice and easy moments, but there are many complicated and difficult moments."

In team news, Jokanović confirmed that each of his international players returned to Motspur Park unscathed.

"Everybody has reported fit," he revealed. "Emerson [Hyndman] arrived a little bit late. Today was the first time we were working all together. Chris Baird is not available, and Lasse Christensen is not available for this game."

Get behind the boys on Saturday against MK Dons, with tickets priced from just £25 for adults and £15 for juniors.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/01/jokanovics-mk-dons-preview?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss insists MK Dons clash is anything but a six-pointer but demands players don't panic

Joka downplays a game that could see Whites slip into the Championship relegation places for the first time should things go wrong at the Cottage

Tongue in cheek? Slavisa Jokanovic

Probably the only person at Fulham who doesn't believe tomorrow's clash with MK Dons is the proverbial six-pointer is the boss.

Slavisa Jokanovic says win or lose mirrors Kipling's famous poem 'If' – that both are imposters, especially as there are 21 points more to pay for come 5pm, Saturday.

However, the fact remains six points over the next two games could decide at least one team through the trapdoor.

Anything but a pair of wins for beleaguered Bolton at the same time all but relegates Wanderers.

Jokanovic is boosted by a clean bill of health, minus midfielder Lasse Christensen, with all internationals reporting back fit, even if USA's Emerson Hyndman only arrived Friday.

Here is a reminder of the 1-1 draw between MK and Fulham back in November.

But a six-pointer against Dons this time, even if Whites slip into the relegation slots doesn't phase the man in charge.

"It's a nice, classic phrase, 'six-pointer' but if we lose, we're not relegated, and if we win, we're not safe," Joka said.

"It's a very important game, but it's not definitely the last game.

"We've had time to prepare for what is in front of us. I have in my hands enough quality for the job.

"We're in a better psition than others and we have enough quality. We don't have to panic or be scared."

MK boss Karl Robinson suggested earlier that it would be nice if his club stayed up, but that Fulham, with a Premier League background, need to stay up.

Joka wasn't prepared to bite.

"I can't say there is more pressure on us or on them," he added. "Like I said, it's simply not the last game."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-insists-mk-dons-11125590?

WhiteJC

Jokanović: A Pivotal April

Slaviša Jokanović reflects on a positive display against Birmingham and looks ahead to a crucial April for the Whites.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/01/head-coach-video?

WhiteJC

Away guide: Fulham

The Dons travel to Craven Cottage this afternoon to face Fulham – here is all the information you need ahead of the Sky Bet Championship clash; kick-off 3pm.

TICKETS
Tickets can be bought on arrival at Craven Cottage.

Match tickets are priced at £30 adults, £25 seniors/17-21 year-olds and £20 under-16s – click here for a full list of pricing!

ADDRESS
Craven Cottage, Stevenage Road, London, SW6 6HH

GOING BY COACH?
Official away travel is no longer available to book.

For those who have already reserved a seat, coaches will depart stadiummk at 11.30am.

GOING BY CAR?
From the North (M1): Leave the M1 at the end of the motorway turn right onto the A406 (north circular) and follow it towards Harrow for nearly four-and-a-half miles. Turn left onto the A40 and after a little over four miles turn right onto the A402. After 350 yards turn left along the A219 and follow the road for a little over half a mile into Hammersmith, where you then turn right onto the A315. After just over 100 yards, turn left back onto the A219 and follow this road for a little over a mile – the ground is down the side streets off to your right.

From The North (M40 and West M25): Leave the M25 at Junction 15 and take the M4, which then becomes the A4, towards Central London. After around two miles branch off left into Hammersmith Broadway and go around the ring road around central Hammersmith, keeping to the right and take the A219 Fulham Palace Road. Keep straight on this road, passing Charing Cross Hospital on your left, and after about half a mile, take one of the right hand turns for the ground. If you pass the Fulham Palace Garden Centre on your right, then you have gone too far.

From the South (M25): Leave the M25 at Junction 10 and take the A3 towards Central London. After around eight miles, leave the A3 at the turn off for the A219. Take the A219 towards Putney. Continue straight on this road, down Putney High Street and across Putney Bridge. You will see the ground on your left.

Car Parking
There is no car parking provision at Craven Cottage or in the immediate surrounding area.

Parking around Craven Cottage is extremely limited and access to the surrounding streets on a matchday is restricted by a Traffic Management Order. There is a one-hour maximum stay policy for non-residential pay and display visitors between 9am and 9.30pm on all Monday to Sunday matchdays.

GOING BY TRAIN?
Putney Railway Station – The closest mainline railway station to Craven Cottage is Putney, located on Putney High Street, south of the River Thames.

The station is 17 to 35 min walk from the stadium, passing many shops, bars and ATM machines en route.

The station can be easily reached by train from other railway hubs, including Clapham Junction (5 min) and Waterloo (13 min).

Underground
Putney Bridge – The nearest station to Craven Cottage is Putney Bridge, which is approximately a 10 to 20 minute walk from the stadium. Putney Bridge is on the District line and is served by the following mainline stations: Paddington, Victoria, Kings Cross, Euston and Liverpool Street.

To get to Craven Cottage from the station, exit the station and turn left onto Ranelagh Gardens. Walk through the underpass into Bishops Park and the follow the path through, along the river, until you reach the stadium.

Hammersmith – Hammersmith station is approximately a 20 to 40 minute walk from Craven Cottage.

There are two Underground stations, one serving the Hammersmith & City and Circle lines and the other serving the Piccadilly and District lines.

Fulham Broadway – In spite of its name, Fulham Broadway is not the closest Underground station to Craven Cottage.

It is approximately a 20 to 40 min walk from the stadium and where possible, supporters seeking to board District Line services should use Putney Bridge station.

OTHER TRANSPORT MEANS
Bus
Kingston-upon-Thames bus station – Take either the number 85 or C4 bus to Putney Bridge. The ground is approximately 10 to 15 min walk from Putney Bridge.

Hammersmith - Catch the 220 bus which runs down Fulham Palace Road.

Putney - Catch either the 74, 424 or the 220 buses to Fulham Palace Road.

For further details call the London Transport Line on 0843 322 1234.

Bike
If you are planning to cycle to Craven Cottage, you will find bicycle storage racks located in Bishops Park, just behind the Putney End of the stadium.

Transport For London's Cycling Journey Planner is a useful resource for planning your trip to and from the stadium.

Walk
Transport For London's Walking Journey Planner is a useful resource for planning your trip to and from the stadium.

Another useful online journey planner is operated by Walk It.

WHERE TO DRINK?
Near to the Putney Bridge tube station is the Eight Bells which is popular with away fans.

The Temperance, meanwhile, which is only a few minutes' walk away the Eight Bells, across the road on the corner. There is plenty of food on offer including burgers, hot dogs and chips.

Opposite the Temperance, on the same road, is the King's Arms, which is also popular with visiting supporters.

The Crabtree on Rainville Road is a 10 minute walk from the ground and welcomes all away supporters. This pub is also just under 20 minutes walk from Hammersmith tube station.

If you are a fan of Wetherspoons pubs, then on the opposite side of the Thames to the ground is The Rocket.

If arriving at Putney railway station then there is a Wetherspoons virtually opposite the station entrance called the

*Information provided by fulhamfc.com and FootballGroundGuide.com

Read more at http://www.mkdons.com/news/article/away-guide-fulham-mk-dons-fulham-mk-dons-craven-cottage-craven-cottage-guide-3037080.aspx#8gpKBOr227VrSDaA.99

WhiteJC

Fulham v MK Dons: late goal shippers

In the last 15 minutes of matches alone, Fulham and MK Dons have leaked 32 league goals combined. That's three more than five Championship teams – Brighton (5), Hull (5), Ipswich (6), Sheffield Wednesday (6) and Birmingham (7) – have conceded between them in that timeframe.

A lack of defensive discipline has been a key factor behind Fulham's long-term decline and continues to be the root of their problems. Slavisa Jokanovic was able to re-organize a promotion chasing Watford side and many expected him to have the same impact at Craven Cottage, yet that has not happened.

The team had shipped 42 goals in 26 games under predecessor Kit Symons, an average of 1.62 goals per game. The Cottagers have conceded 25 goals in Jokanovic's 16 games in charge, 1.56 goals per game. The team's defensive record has therefore improved by just 3.7%, a negligible difference.

Their defensive problems are not solely down to a bad defence, but also the system of the team as a whole. Firstly, Ross McCormack is at his clinical best when he plays behind a target man and Fulham have a powerful one in Moussa Dembele. The duo's performances this season – and return of 35 competitive goals between them – would suggest they are both worthy of a place.

A two up front system can only work, however, if the other eight players are focused on defending, until perhaps the ball gets into the final third and midfielders can move forward. The problem is, Fulham do not have the personnel in midfield with the discipline to make a 4-4-2 work. Tom Cairney, Emerson Hyndman and Alex Kacaniklic – the latter expected to leave – are not the most willing runners without the ball.

As a result, Fulham often only have two midfielders protecting the defence and one of them is Scott Parker who, at 35, is naturally not the quickest. Jokanovic must work hard at re-structuring this Cottagers side in the summer and it will take some time and patience before they are anywhere near the top of the Championship.

MK Dons, for now, will be happy simply to stay in the Championship, as Karl Robinson looks to squeeze the best from his low-budgeted squad. The Buckinghamshire boys have won just one of their last seven games, taking a meagre six points.

When they concede the first goal, heads seem to drop. The Dons have lost 18 of the 19 games in which the opener goes against them, drawing the one remaining game at Bristol City, as far back as October. Since the turn of the year, they have drawn five games, three of which from an opposition equalizer in the last five minutes.

The reason they, like Fulham, concede so many goals in the latter stages of games could be down to a lack of second tier experience. With a young squad of players who have careers based predominantly in the lower leagues, momentary lapses in concentration late in games has been a problem. Surprisingly, they still have the best defensive record of any team in the bottom seven – cut out the late slumbers and they have hope of survival.

Fulham possess more attacking quality than MK Dons, but have kept just one clean sheet since mid-October – their slumbers, it seems, last all game long.

http://www.thefootballab.co.uk/2016/fulham-v-mk-dons-late-goal-shippers/?

WhiteJC

FREE-FALLING FULHAM FACE THEIR BIGGEST GAME OF THEIR SEASON

Cottagers are just a point above the drop

Between them, Fulham and MK Dons have just a solitary win in the past ten games. Something has to give as the Championship's lowest scorers visit the team with the division's third-worst defensive record.

So, can Karl Robinson's visitors build on their impressive 1-1 away draw at Hull City a fortnight ago? It was another vital away point, following on from the Dons' clean sheet at The Valley, against a Charlton side who have shown a recent upturn in form.

In fact, the Dons have lost only twice in their past six away trips, while losing three times at home in the same period. The Bucks club managed a 1-0 triumph at Derby County last month, and are 11/1 to repeat that scoreline in tomorrow's game.

Fulham's recent plummet down the table has taken many by surprise. After three wins on the bounce in August and five games unbeaten in October, the Cottagers have won just three of their last 24 Championship games.

Ill-discipline has also started to creep in, with the side seeing two players dismissed during a single week in late February.

Defensively, the club based on the banks of the Thames, have been struggling to tread water. Having led in their last two home games, Fulham lost both – to Burnley and Bristol City respectively – in the last half-hour.

Slavisa Jokanovic's defence need to work out how to keep their composure and shape throughout 90 minutes if they want to banish the threat of relegation.

The west London club are, however, blessed with arguably the Championship's best player in Ross McCormack. They also have an excellent foil for the experienced striker in lively French attacker Moussa Dembele. Tom Cairney, a summer signing from Blackburn Rovers has impressed as well, netting seven goals from midfield.

On paper, at least, Fulham have a far better squad than their league position suggests. And if their star men are on song, even a few defensive hiccups are unlikely to prevent the Cottagers from beating Robinson's workmanlike Dons team.

We're offering evens on Fulham to return to winning ways against MK Dons, and 7/2 on the prolific McCormack – who has bagged three goals in his last four games – to open the scoring.

All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/football/championship/free-falling-fulham-face-their-biggest-game-of-their-season.html?

WhiteJC

Domestic Return For U18s

Fulham Under-18s return to domestic action when they face Liverpool at Motspur Park on Saturday (11am) in the Barclays U18 Premier League.

An Under-19 squad had been in Texas for just over a week over the recent international break, and the Dallas Cup Final defeat to Everton was their first loss in nine matches.

Victory on Saturday would see the Whites move to the top of the table, as they are currently two points behind current leaders Manchester City, who are not in action.

Liverpool finished third in the Northern Section in the first phase of the season, but they've struggled in the Final Stage and currently prop up the table having lost their first two matches, shipping six goals in the process.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/01/domestic-return-for-u18s?

WhiteJC

SJ: Good To See Mr Khan

Slaviša Jokanović was pleased to welcome Shahid Khan to Motspur Park over the international break.

The Fulham Chairman took the opportunity to travel across the pond to check in with his Head Coach, something Jokanović is appreciative of.

"This is not the first time, and it's always good to see the Owner," he stated. "This is his home and it's normal that he cares about everything that happens in the Training Ground and at Fulham.

"It's nice to see him and he always arrives with the intention of supporting us. He asks how he can help from his side, and we inform him of everything that's happening here."

One thing that wasn't discussed, though, was the possibility of relegation, with Jokanović convinced his side will pull away from danger.

"We talk about what we're going to do in these last months," he explained. "We are not thinking about this situation.

"We believe we have enough quality in the team, we believe we are mentally prepared, and we believe in ourselves. I have in my hands a quality enough team to resolve this situation that we are in."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/01/slavisa-jokanovic-good-to-see-mr-khan?

WhiteJC

Fulham's day of judgement is nearly here.

Many people thought the birth of the Milton Keynes Dons was the end of days for football. Appropriately enough, their appearance at Craven Cottage on Saturday may coincide with the four horseman of the apocalypse rocking up. Just in time to be our new back four perhaps?

When he brought Fulham, Shahid Khan probably couldn't have imagined a worse scenario. From an established Premier League side to staring down the barrel of League One football.

The past three years have been in case of thinking that it surely can't get any worse, only to find out that it inevitably can. Something for Aston Villa fans to chew over as they face up to relegation.

There are numerous facts that highlight just how abject performances have been over that period. We have lost over half of our league games (62 out of 122), conceding a staggering 232 goals, and we've managed a win percentage of just 25%.

Perhaps naively, I have started both of our championship seasons reasonably optimistic.

Earlier this season it seemed like we were sporadically great but without the consistency to push further up the table. Following Kit's dismissal, the long delay appointing a successor was just one example of the lack of leadership at the club. I still think letting Kit go was the right choice but that indecision and failure to act saw this season go from stalled to apathetic to potentially catastrophic.

Despite speaking a lot of sense, and seemingly have a fair degree of tactical awareness, the results haven't come for Jokanović since his arrival. He's won only three of 15 league games and we've now gone six without a win.

The pathetic response to Bristol City's equaliser two weeks back only served to highlight the lack of leaders and fight in some members of the team. The fact that loss and performance came just after this interview with Scott Parker said a lot about some of the squad. We will need wholesale changes, again, if we do manage to stay up.

Despite the negativity mentioned above, the fans have a vital role to play in the next few weeks. Saturday is massive and a supportive crowd could play a key part in a vital three points.

Nobody deserves cheering after performances like the Bristol City second-half but our terrible home record isn't helped by the negativity which is (probably fairly) enveloping Craven Cottage currently.

Here's hoping for a vastly improved performance and the chance for us to walk away from Craven Cottage relieved, happy and not wishing for the ground to swallow us up.

Simply put, it's time for the players, fans and everyone involved in the club to step up and save our season.

- See more at: http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/articles/fulham-s-day-of-judgement-7-700.html?#sthash.hD7PXxUR.dpuf

WhiteJC

Fulham v Milton Keynes Dons

BBC coverage
How to follow:
Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website

TEAM NEWS

Fulham wait on Chris Baird, whose recovery from a knock means he may play for the first time in a month.

Defender Fernando Amorebieta has a late test on the ankle injury he suffered in the warm-up before the Birmingham game.

Goalkeeper David Martin (hamstring) is doubtful for Dons but there is better news for Joe Walsh and Jake Forster-Caskey, who may return.

Defender Walsh (knee) has been missing for a month and Forster-Caskey (foot) is back after a three-game layoff.

MATCH FACTS

November's 1-1 draw between the two sides was their first meeting in any competition.
Since their first match in this tier, which they won 4-1 v Rotherham, MK Dons have won just once away (D7 L10).
The Cottagers have not lost four successive home games since March 2014, which came during their time in the Premier League.
MK Dons have had more fouls against them (525) than any other Championship team.
Fulham have lost 26 points from leading positions this campaign; the most in the division.
MK Dons have won just one point from behind this season, losing 19 of the 20 games in which they have been behind.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35902202

WhiteJC

Preview: Fulham

The Dons return to action this afternoon when they face Fulham at Craven Cottage.

Karl Robinson's side sit one place and one point behind the Cottagers in the Sky Bet Championship table heading into today's clash in West London, so there is plenty up for grabs for both teams.

The men from MK1 have lost just once in their last five away matches – a run which has seen them pick up impressive results against the likes of Hull City and Derby County.

They have also proven to be tough to break down on the road since the start of February, having kept three clean sheets in their five games.

Also, in the games immediately following the last two international breaks, the Dons have won one and drawn one – the draw coming against Fulham in the return fixture at stadiummk.

THE OPPOSITION
Fulham will be eager to end their winless run, having not picked up a victory in their last six outings.

Their recent run has included defeats to Middlesbrough, Burnley and in-from Bristol City, while their draws have come against Leeds United, Reading and Birmingham City.

Despite their recent run and their lowly position in the table, the Cottagers remain the second-highest goalscorers in the division with 57 goals to their name. At home, they have netted 30 times.

Their downfall, though, has been the amount they have conceded as their total of 64 goals allowed is more than all-but Charlton Athletic and Bolton Wanderers – 31 of which have come at home.

LAST TIME OUT
Just prior to the international break, the Dons were beaten for the first time in four games by Brighton & Hove Albion.

Robinson's men, after a goalless first half, found themselves 2-0 down courtesy of a brace from Tomer Hemed – his first goal coming from the penalty spot.

Antony Kay pulled one back with his second headed finish in as many games but the men from MK1's hopes of drawing level took a blow when Kyle McFadzean was dismissed for a challenge on Hemed.

They did, though, have a chance late on to secure a valuable point but Carl Baker couldn't find the net from the penalty spot after a handball by Liam Rosenior.

The Cottagers dominated early on and deservedly took the lead when Rohan Ince found a way past Tomasz Kuszczak with a driven effort.

However, Michael Morrison equalised for the Blues just before half-time with a header from David Cotterill's cross.

Birmingham nearly won it late in the game but Clayton Donaldson fired against the crossbar after David Davis' shot had hit the post.

VIEW FROM THE DUGOUTS
Karl Robinson: "They've got two of the best strikers in the league - they're as good as it gets at this level. We have got a game plan to deny them service because they are that good that once they get into those areas they are very difficult to defend. Cairney is also a very gifted player who can come in off the right.

"(Craven Cottage) is a great place and it's one of the best stadiums in the country because of the uniqueness of it."

Slaviša Jokanović: "It's a classic phrase but it's not a race between us and MK Dons. There are many teams in this battle.

"If we win this game we're not going to be 100 per cent safe, if we lose this game we're not relegated. In front of us we're fighting for 24 points. It's very clear it's an important game for us, but it's not the definitive or last game for us or for MK Dons."

TEAM NEWS
Karl Robinson revealed on Friday that David Martin and Rob Hall have both picked up injuries in training which will rule them out of today's game.

Martin has fractured a bone in his right hand while Hall has picked up a knee injury.

The Dons will also be without Kyle McFadzean, who serves the first game of his three-match ban for the red card he received against Brighton.

On a positive note, Jake Forster-Caskey (foot), Joe Walsh (hamstring) and Matt Upson (hamstring) have all returned to training, while Samir Carruthers is back from his Club suspension.

Fulham have been dealt a double injury blow of their own, with Lasse Vigen Christensen and Chris Baird both out with respective knocks.

Otherwise, the Cottagers are injury free.

REFEREE
Today's referee is Tim Robinson, who last took charge of the Dons in August for the Capital One Cup victory over Cardiff City.

The West Sussex official has refereed 35 games this season and has shown 123 yellow cards. He has sent off seven players.

Robinson's two assistant referees will be Mark Mellor and Gavin Muge, while the fourth official is Simon Hooper.

HEAD TO HEAD
Dons wins: 0
Dons wins at Craven Cottage: 0
Last Dons win: N/A

Fulham wins: 0
Fulham wins at Craven Cottage: 0
Last Fulham win: N/A

Draws: 1
Draws at Craven Cottage: 0
Last draw: 1-1, 21 Nov 2015 (stadiummk)

SKY BET ODDS
Result
Fulham win: 19/20
Draw: 13/5
Dons win: 11/4

First Dons goalscorer
Alex Revell: 3/1
Nicky Maynard: 3/1
Dean Bowditch: 7/2
Josh Murphy: 4/1
Carl Baker: 9/2

*All odds correct at the time of writing

Click here for more betting options for today's Sky Bet Championship clash - don't forget the Dons benefit every time you win with Sky Bet!

ELSEWHERE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Friday
Queens Park Rangers 2-3 Middlesbrough; 7.45pm

Saturday
Blackburn Rovers v Preston North End; 12.30pm
Brighton & Hove Albion v Burnley; 12.30pm
Bolton Wanderers v Reading; 3pm
Cardiff City v Derby County; 3pm
Charlton Athletic v Birmingham City; 3pm
Huddersfield Town v Sheffield Wednesday; 3pm
Hull City v Bristol City; 3pm
Nottingham Forest v Brentford; 3pm
Rotherham United v Leeds United; 3pm
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Ipswich Town; 3pm

MATCH COVERAGE
Tune in to MK Dons PlayerHD from 2.55pm for live commentary – click here to sign up for as little as £4.49 a month!

Fans can also stay in touch with the Dons via mkdons.com's matchday blog, which can be accessed by visiting the home page from midday.

Those on Twitter can also follow every pass, tackle, shot and goal by following the Club's official page - @MKDonsFC

A full match report will be available to view on mkdons.com straight after the final whistle.

Tickets for today's clash with Fulham can be bought on arrival at Craven Cottage, priced at £30 adults, £25 seniors/17-21 year-olds and £20 under-16s.

Read more at http://www.mkdons.com/news/article/preview-fulham-mk-dons-fulham-mk-dons-fulham-mk-dons-preview-mk-dons-match-preview-3037302.aspx#HFVRekZxSp42b0Ft.99

WhiteJC

#FFCRadio

On Saturday afternoon's #FFCRadio show, we speak exclusively to Marcus Bettinelli and Dan Burn.

Goalkeeper Bettinelli discusses his delight at returning to the First Team fold, and Burn outlines his hopes of building on the Birmingham City point with a victory over MK Dons.

Author and Whites fan John O'Farrell will be on the gantry for a live chat about his beloved FFC, and we also hear from Dons fan Matt Vinny who provides some insight into how their season has gone so far.

Sammy James will be with you an hour prior to kick-off, before handing over to Gentleman Jim and Sean Davis for live commentary of the game.

Don't forget you can catch up on all the best bits from our previous games by visiting our Omny page.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/01/ffcradio-mk-dons?