watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Computer help please

Started by FatFreddysCat, August 11, 2010, 11:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

Not that anyone has noticed  :dft007:, but i haven't posted in a few days, the reason being i couldn't log in for some reason( usually does it automatically) and everytime i tried it came up unable to log in something or other (the lovely K Cat has the same proplem i've discovered). But i also occaisionally post on a couple of expat forums (rarely, i'm on here way too much) and couldn't log in on them either, has someone got hold of my details and fecked me about? Luckily i rang Scotty (Admin) and he's put me back on, but i wonder if me and K Cat have (still not on here)have had this problem , how many others have Fof lost through this? And has someone nicked all my details? Losing Fof was one thing, but the others as well??? Or am i just being thick again?  :doh:

RidgeRider

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 11, 2010, 11:34:54 PM
Not that anyone has noticed  :dft007:, but i haven't posted in a few days, the reason being i couldn't log in for some reason( usually does it automatically) and everytime i tried it came up unable to log in something or other (the lovely K Cat has the same proplem i've discovered). But i also occaisionally post on a couple of expat forums (rarely, i'm on here way too much) and couldn't log in on them either, has someone got hold of my details and fecked me about? Luckily i rang Scotty (Admin) and he's put me back on, but i wonder if me and K Cat have (still not on here)have had this problem , how many others have Fof lost through this? And has someone nicked all my details? Losing Fof was one thing, but the others as well??? Or am i just being thick again?  :doh:

Fred, I know just enough to be dangerous however, it's possible that you have a virus or maybe you left your CAPSLOCK button on, but I would be more inclined to think virus. I use a program to keep viruses from getting on my system and in addition I have another program SmitFraudFix.exe that I use once a week to scrub and clear out anything else and as far as I know I have never had virus issues, and if I did it was for a day or so.

The reason it was automatically signing you in was because you asked it to....also another possibility is sometimes when you clear all the 'cookies', or you 'clean' the history, etc.. you may also clean out all your passwords that are being kept for you, which means you need to know what they are. I use only 3 passwords, one is super difficult, one is sort of difficult and one is silly easy if you know me, but on occassion, when I do a thorough scrubbing of my computer, I will forget which one I used on some web-sites and run into issues with trying to remember which user id with which password. Pretty common I would imagine. Most sites, as long as you can remember the email address you used to sign up, have a retrieval link to get these in case you forgot what you used, but I am sure you knew that already.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 11, 2010, 11:55:46 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 11, 2010, 11:34:54 PM

Fred, I know just enough to be dangerous however, it's possible that you have a virus or maybe you left your CAPSLOCK button on, but I would be more inclined to think virus. I use a program to keep viruses from getting on my system and in addition I have another program SmitFraudFix.exe that I use once a week to scrub and clear out anything else and as far as I know I have never had virus issues, and if I did it was for a day or so.

The reason it was automatically signing you in was because you asked it to....also another possibility is sometimes when you clear all the 'cookies', or you 'clean' the history, etc.. you may also clean out all your passwords that are being kept for you, which means you need to know what they are. I use only 3 passwords, one is super difficult, one is sort of difficult and one is silly easy if you know me, but on occassion, when I do a thorough scrubbing of my computer, I will forget which one I used on some web-sites and run into issues with trying to remember which user id with which password. Pretty common I would imagine. Most sites, as long as you can remember the email address you used to sign up, have a retrieval link to get these in case you forgot what you used, but I am sure you knew that already.
To me Cookie is Chris Coleman and if you asked me to scrub the computer i'd say that is womans work . You really underestimate how useless i am on computers, i dont even have my own E mail address.No idea what your on about RR, but thanks for your input. Would one of your passwords be bike or Cycle by anychance? or Butt butter           

CincyFulham1

I've had the same problem with different computers and had to recreate my profile.

michaelread

fred I have the same problem, and it kept me out for a few days.

Ive discovered that, once i get to the "unable to load log in template" page, i log in my details on THAT page and it works.

Hope it works for you and Kcat too

boxhockcycsock

Had to have been FatFredsDog who was fecking about w/ your credentials!  :014: 
Poor thing never knows when to quit.

I'd have to agree w/ RR. Make the pw something memorable, so if the cookie gets erased, then you won't have to ring the admin (unless this forum has a "Forgot Password?" option).
Time is blind.
Make sure in the parking lot of life, you do not take it's handicapped spot because then you'll be occupying time's space, the ticket for which is being thrown into a wormhole.

blingo

Time to change the springs on the windy uppy bit fredster lol lol lol.

Logicalman

Quote from: boxhockcycsock on August 13, 2010, 01:06:20 AM

I'd have to agree w/ RR. Make the pw something memorable, so if the cookie gets erased, then you won't have to ring the admin (unless this forum has a "Forgot Password?" option).

It does, sort of, as SWMBO discovered just this week. After a number of futile attempts, as long as the login name is correct, a dialogue box will appear asking for the email address, and it will send you a 'reset password' link.

One small note is that the instructions say no less than 6 chars, when it is actually no less than 8.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: boxhockcycsock on August 13, 2010, 01:06:20 AM

yeah pesky dogs. Weird but in real life i hate cats, evil things that give me the creeps the way they can stare you out without blinking for ages. The best things for cats are black bags, some rope, a brick and a canal  :028: . I would feed them to my Staff, but it's scared of cats as well, does get brave and chases them if they run off though, but if they stand their ground my dog bottles it.

TheDaddy

Fredster ive found the ideal piece of kit for you and your computer..........

Good luck !
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

White Noise

Expat Forums Fred??? That can mean only one thing. This may be why then?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: TheDaddy on August 13, 2010, 02:27:27 PM
Fredster ive found the ideal piece of kit for you and your computer..........

Good luck !
No hammers allowed in my house the Daddy. All working fine now. I just think something must have happened when i was hacking into the CIA or NASA.

gang

Fred, try going to tools on your computer, then options, then clear browsing data and delete cookies. If this doesn't work go to my computer on your screen, click on to change a setting, then performance & maintenance, then system restore. You can then restore your computer to a date that you know everything worked. Then do a complete virus and spyware scan.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: gang on August 13, 2010, 02:48:29 PM
Fred, try going to tools on your computer, then options, then clear browsing data and delete cookies. If this doesn't work go to my computer on your screen, click on to change a setting, then performance & maintenance, then system restore. You can then restore your computer to a date that you know everything worked. Then do a complete virus and spyware scan.
:doh: