more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How did Stearman play?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, April 02, 2016, 06:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

@jolslover

Worst player today but not to bad, Everyone did well!
STH H3

NogoodBoyo

Couldn't ell from GJ, although I really want to hear who the two defenders were who went to head the same ball and missed...which of course lead to their goal.  Jim thought they were Ream and Amore.
Nogood "an inquisition, isit" Boyo

domprague

Rubbish. We had no threat down the right for most of the match. He looked slow in defence.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

filham

Stearman was clearly out of position, a better side with a good wide man and he will be roasted. However full credit to him for effort.

Peabody

He was trying very hard. But he ain't no RB

westcliff white

I think we will find that he wasn't on the team to be a threat down the right hand side, he was in the team to defend, was ok nothing more nothing less in my opinion
Every day is a Fulham day

Baszab

Considering he was made to play right wing back he tried bloody hard - ridiculous position for him - however once he was substituted he seemed to take over the running of the defence from the sideline shouting instructions to the back 4, arranging Smith to warm up - all behind our great manager's back

Bill2

He is not a right back which was very evident when he was subbed and Fredericks came on. So won't say he was poor as it is not his natural position.

terryr

Quote from: Baszab on April 02, 2016, 07:07:36 PM
Considering he was made to play right wing back he tried bloody hard - ridiculous position for him - however once he was substituted he seemed to take over the running of the defence from the sideline shouting instructions to the back 4, arranging Smith to warm up - all behind our great manager's back
You'd think we lost today by your comments on this and another thread. Lighten up and enjoy a rare win!

domprague

Let us agree to disagree.

These days, full backs are there as much to attack as defend, especially for a side who pack the middle like Milton Keynes, and we had no one down that right flank.
Stearman looked desperate when he was being attacked down the flank. He's not a RB and should not be played there.

Quote from: westcliff white on April 02, 2016, 06:59:47 PM
I think we will find that he wasn't on the team to be a threat down the right hand side, he was in the team to defend, was ok nothing more nothing less in my opinion
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

TWFL

Thought he played pretty well for a CB at RB. Made some good tackles, ref was desperate to penalise him at any point though.

MJG

100% I'm struggling to understand why so many fans can't figure this out. More a case of pick best four defenders and let other six get on with it. Ok we had no width but if your looking for purely defensive duty they all did ok.

westcliff white

Quote from: domprague on April 02, 2016, 07:27:32 PM
Let us agree to disagree.

These days, full backs are there as much to attack as defend, especially for a side who pack the middle like Milton Keynes, and we had no one down that right flank.
Stearman looked desperate when he was being attacked down the flank. He's not a RB and should not be played there.

While I agree most fullbacks are picked for that, I don't believe he was it was for defensive stability or trying to get defensive stability in a game that we could not afford to lose.

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on April 02, 2016, 08:03:16 PM
100% I'm struggling to understand why so many fans can't figure this out. More a case of pick best four defenders and let other six get on with it. Ok we had no width but if your looking for purely defensive duty they all did ok.
and it worked

F(f)CUK

He played ok but in the second half could not make a tackle in fear of getting sent off. He should have been taken off at half time. We would not have scored our second if he had been on as Fredericks put in a cross that he could not.

nose

Stearman tried hard but is no right back and he and ream were caught out far too often.
S better team eould have better exploited both fullbacks...  stearman struggled more.  Not his fault

Ruiz11

Got absolutely roasted by the pace of Murphy at one point and looked cumbersome when trying to attack, but still far from dreadful and you had to sympathise with him being played out of position.

bill taylors apprentice

Such a shame someone who clearly is trying to give his all to the team just isn't performing to the desired level, regardless where he plays.

Max Headroom

He was out of position and did ok. Not great but as has been said he is no RB