watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ince

Started by Peabody, April 02, 2016, 06:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

For those who don't rate Ince, in my opinion an d those around me, was MoM today.

@jolslover

Ince was class and we have been after a player like him for a while now, Reminds me of Diarra.

He took his chance so well after not being in the squad for a while, hopefully Labyad can do the same when he finally gets a shot
STH H3

Toby Ward-Smith

He was definitely my MOM too. He broke up play well and really protected the back four which we haven't had for a while. I'm not sure he put a foot wrong apart from one of the worst shots from outside the box I have ever seen, but then again he isn't in the side to score goals.

Baszab

My MoM - and for a loanee = a revelation

Mince n Tatties

Calm down he played well,but class and like Diarra?
Wasn't mom for me that was Tunny Boy.

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 02, 2016, 07:13:53 PM

I meant they are similar players, Obviously ability wise some way off Diarra!
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on April 02, 2016, 07:19:02 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 02, 2016, 07:13:53 PM

I meant they are similar players, Obviously ability wise some way off Diarra!

Yes I thought you meant it that way.
He did play well.

Bill2

Was not my MOTM as he was not positive enough and also gave the ball away and for a big man does not win enough in the air. I am not saying he played badly, just was not my MOTM, thought that was Scotty P.

Tonywa

He's decent, breaks up play well and works hard. The nearest we've had to a proper defensive midfielder for some time, but he's not good on the ball and give it away too much.  Not my man of match and as for comparisons with Diarra - do me a favour. That's a bit like comparing Ryan Fredericks with Steve Finnan. Glad to have him on board and certainly an upgrade on Matilla.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Bill2 on April 02, 2016, 07:22:27 PM
Was not my MOTM as he was not positive enough and also gave the ball away and for a big man does not win enough in the air. I am not saying he played badly, just was not my MOTM, thought that was Scotty P.

Ince was not positive enough but, in contrast, Parker was? Really?

Tonywa

MOM for me a close heat between Scotty Parker (you know that clapped-out midfielder who doesn't contribute anything) and Ross who wasn't dominant , but who scored, hit the post and did pretty well everything you want a main striker to do.

davew

I'll sit this 1 out with the jury until I watch the 90 minute replay, I heard GJ mention his name a few times, twice when announcing the Fulham team. I might be a bit unfair, but the times I have watched him....sorry he doesn't set the world alight, if he was that good he wouldn't be on loan to us!! Certainly he isn't our worst player, far from it!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bill taylors apprentice

Boy! We have low standards if he was even close to MOM.

Having said that he is the kind of player we have needed for a long time and he did have a decent game today.

HatterDon

I'm still flummoxed by this love for Diarra. Over two seasons he had a half dozen excellent matches, and managed to play the entire 90 about 10 times total.

It was obvious he had skills, but he seldom was the difference maker for us because he was seldom fit.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Carborundum

It's not easy to do what he did today.  He was my man of the match.

Sure, he's less effective when attacking, but it cuts both ways.  McCormack dropped back to midfield when Smith came on and, not for the first time, it was only a few minutes before he gave the ball away in our own half - he just doesn't think like a defensive midfielder. 

Well done Rohan. 

GrahamG

I thought Ince did OK. As for Tunnicliffe - he's great when he's running with his head down but as soon as he looks up and has an opportunity to shoot, cross or pick a pass he goes to pieces.

domprague

Exactly.

Quote from: davew on April 02, 2016, 09:18:23 PM
I'll sit this 1 out with the jury until I watch the 90 minute replay, I heard GJ mention his name a few times, twice when announcing the Fulham team. I might be a bit unfair, but the times I have watched him....sorry he doesn't set the world alight, if he was that good he wouldn't be on loan to us!! Certainly he isn't our worst player, far from it!!
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

MJG

I thought he did well. Kept it simple and git involved tackling wise.
He's not there fir an attacking side,  it's win challenges,  block opponents and keep it simple. Let others do the creative work.

So we have a DM who did a DM's job, not sure what more anyone would ask for.

DevonFFC

He was my MOM also. He broke up play, drove forward with ye ball at his foot, won Aries balls and not to mention the tackle at the end of the game on the edge of the area. He seemed to enjoy putting himself about and looked like part of a team who worked for one on other. The team was unbalanced but it did a a job and I can't complain about taking 3 points. It may be scrapy but if it keeps us up I'll take it.